Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath

Go down 
+36
AchrisK
scottmitchell74
Tur-Thalion
krail
T-Roy
kethdredd
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
shamgar75
MetalFRO
manny
DevZor
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
Orion Crystal Ice
metalhead777
EmoElmo
Grimmo
mc666
Sutekh
Shawn Of Fire
exact33
GrandNational
DallasBlack
Troublezone
jettafiend
Infinite
adrian
Fat Freddy
kmorg
Rex
Dark Horseman
powermacho
thejokeriv
James B.
Rami Airola
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 5:32 pm

krail wrote:
Tur-Thalion wrote:
krail...you used to post at the old tourniquet board back in the early 2000s, didn't you? as krail bean?

hah yes. ages ago. i don't recognize your name...

I used to post as skulliosis. actually on the latest incarnation of the Christian metal realm I reverted to that name. Nice to see you around again
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:36 pm

James B. wrote:
Think I'll eat a cheeseburger with a tall glass of milk, put on Pathogenic, and read the Bible before bed.
I'LL EAT TO THAT!! lol!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:45 pm

Been listening to this on youtube...I'm getting this! It's the best one in years and years. It reminds me of Vanishing Lessons and a little of the of Moth & Rust with some Pathogenic in it. I'm pleasantly pleased.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 9:52 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Been listening to this on youtube...I'm getting this! It's the best one in years and years. It reminds me of Vanishing Lessons and a little of the of Moth & Rust with some Pathogenic in it. I'm pleasantly pleased.

It does remind me a lot of Vanishing Lessons. I cant remember the last time i bought a new Tourniquet and Deliverance album in the same year.

mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 9:58 pm

i just can't get with the vocals. that's been a big problem for me since 94.

EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:06 pm

What's with the "Gollum" voice in this album? doesn't fit at all
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:10 pm

mc666 wrote:

Yeah. Easter's vocals are clearly one of those 'love em or hate em' types with little mid-ground.

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 12:51 pm

I'll be the middle ground then. When he stays in the lower register or his standard singing voice like on Bearing Gruesome Cargo he's fine but when he starts the gollum thing I kind of cringe. But really, he doesn't do that much.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 1:12 pm

Listened to the first 5 songs on Spotify...sounds like TQT...nothing I'll be rushing out to get.

Metal student
Metal student
Rami Airola

Number of posts : 175

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 1:21 pm

I've listened the album through perhaps over 30 times now. It's still really good. The title track is still my favourite but the final track is now close in second place.

I must say, though, that I would've liked to hear the groovy ending of the title track in some other song and would've preferred the title track to be fully dark and furious.

mc666 wrote:

If that has been the issue since Vanishing Lessons, which in my opinion was the album where Luke shined, then this album won't change minds about the vocals. If one, however, has liked Luke at least in Vanishing Lessons, then this album might have some big things to offer. Especially the last part of Luke's vocals on Flowering Cadaver (3:14-4:03) are better than anything on Vanishing Lessons.

EmoElmo wrote:
What's with the "Gollum" voice in this album? doesn't fit at all

I like that a lot. I liked that on Trivializing the Momentous too and found it nice that they had used it much more here.
I'm still not sure if it's Luke or Aaron doing that part. On Trivializing I always thought it was Aaron and couldn't ever think of Luke doing that but I'm not too sure about that anymore.

exact33 wrote:

Yeah. Easter's vocals are clearly one of those 'love em or hate em' types with little mid-ground.

I'd think Guy Ritter's vocals would be more like that. But perhaps the originality of Guy's vocals make them more likable and all the roughness more acceptable. Luke's voice is so much more "normal" that perhaps certain type of singing might be more annoying whereas it's more "acceptable" for Guy to do different voices and what could be seen as "faulty" singing could be also seen as some kind of a quirky detail in personality.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of Guy Ritter, and absolutely love everything he has done. He is a way more interesting singer than Luke but I don't have any issues with Luke's vocals and I really like most of what he did in this album. Not all, but most (the low vocals at the beginning of Chart of the Elements aren't much for my liking, for example). Plus, I think Luke was the perfect singer to do Vanishing Lessons. I can see what might annoy some listeners especially in Microscopic View of a Telescopic Realm though.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 1:46 pm

I think that a lot of oddness about how the vocals can sound come from the mix itself. I am not a fan of majorly dry, in-your-face vocal settings and sounds in music such as TQT's, but more often than not, that seems to be what the band goes with. Some groups just like things a certain way. For me, the only record I don't hear it on is probably 'Psychosurgery', and that one is my favorite, maybe coincidence, maybe not. The greatest singer in the world is going to sound at least a little awkward if he sounds strangely bigger than the rest of the band a lot of times on the record.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 1:44 am

Oddly I believe I very recently had a dream that I realized I liked a recent Tourniquet album. But as dreams are, I barely remembered the impression of it and never did listen to anything to confirm or deny my impression. I am not even sure if I own any recent Tourniquet. Then I come to this board and see that they are making another album. Trippy. I like the cover... at least I like the look of it. I am not sure I have come to a conclusion or even an impression of what it might mean. It gave me a little hope for the album that I had just realized was imminent. But then I skipped to the end of this thread and saw comparisons to non-the first three TqT albums, and now I think the album cover may end up being a cool, misleading, album cover.

I need to update my signature.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 5:02 am

exact33 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Then again so was Guy Ritter. Not everyone was a fan of his King Diamond like falsetto.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 11:41 am

DallasBlack wrote:
exact33 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Then again so was Guy Ritter. Not everyone was a fan of his King Diamond like falsetto.
This is very true. I just happened to really like him.
Back to top Go down
Rami Airola
Metal student
Metal student
Rami Airola

Number of posts : 175

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 7:49 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I think that a lot of oddness about how the vocals can sound come from the mix itself. I am not a fan of majorly dry, in-your-face vocal settings and sounds in music such as TQT's, but more often than not, that seems to be what the band goes with. Some groups just like things a certain way. For me, the only record I don't hear it on is probably 'Psychosurgery', and that one is my favorite, maybe coincidence, maybe not. The greatest singer in the world is going to sound at least a little awkward if he sounds strangely bigger than the rest of the band a lot of times on the record.

Yeah, that's true. I think Microscopic View of a Telescopic Realm, although a good album nevertheless, had that problem and it wasn't only in the vocals but on all instruments. But I really think that's not as much of a problem in this album as it might've been in Microscopic or in some other albums.

AchrisK wrote:
But then I skipped to the end of this thread and saw comparisons to non-the first three TqT albums, and now I think the album cover may end up being a cool, misleading, album cover.

The cover is somewhat misleading yeah. I was expecting much more darker songs. The only song that really fits to the aesthetics of the album cover is the title track and even in that one the ending is "too happy and groovy" for it. Parts of some songs also fit to the cover (like the intro of Carried Away on Uncertain Wings and parts of the final track) but not as well as the title track. The songs themselves are good but I wonder if I ever can think of this album as a "musical world" in a way I often hear albums. I mean, for example the cover of Psychosurgery fits fully to every song in that album, and as I'm looking at the cover and the liner notes and all I get into this distinctive zone that is dark blue like the cover is and this world clearly has a "skull scan" in it. And the world of Stop the Bleeding really has the snake and the robot arms in it. And the music sounds like the colours we can see in that cover.

However, the cover of Antiseptic Bloodbath is really black and dark and gloomy and brutal. I can't much sense that from most of the songs. I imagine most of the songs as grey and brown. Quite like what the cover of Where Moth and Rust Destroy was.

Perhaps it's because I haven't yet got to hear the album with having the physical booklet in my hands. It might be that the whole thing clicks together better when I get the actual physical release.

I think the cover would've fit Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance better than this, but I'm not complaining as the cover one of my favourites and the music is really good.

One thing I really love about the cover and the music, though, is that the album really opens with a cheerleader march which is so out of place when looking at the cover that it's actually quite damn genious Cool
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 9:55 pm

I like your attributing colors to songs/music, and the things on album covers being in the music. That's cool.
Back to top Go down
krail
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 49

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 10:33 pm

AchrisK wrote:
I like your attributing colors to songs/music, and the things on album covers being in the music. That's cool.

me too, that's awesome.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 2:18 pm

T-Roy wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
exact33 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

This is very true. I just happened to really like him.

I like both but Guy was my favorite. I like Vanishing Lesson's a lot but the last couple of albums were hard to take vocally. AB seems to be a little more dialed back in the vocal department to my ears.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 5:37 pm

Luke seems to force something that doesn't work with his voice. He ends up sounding like he's doing character impersonations from Harry Potter.

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 6:01 pm

I think Guy pulled off the weird stuff well because it came naturally. It wasn't forced...
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 5:25 pm

is the only place to get the cd still from the band? They want $19 including shipping...

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 5:54 pm

exact33 wrote:
is the only place to get the cd still from the band? They want $19 including shipping...

Seeing as how the fans paid for it, I would think they'd have a more reasonable price.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 6:58 pm

I'm getting the impression they didn't press a lot of physical copies. It's everywhere for download though.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 8:45 pm

Does everyone think the arrangements of riffs/parts on their new songs make sense?

I'm surprised by how many positive comments this album is receiving.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 10:09 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Does everyone think the arrangements of riffs/parts on their new songs make sense?

I'm surprised by how many positive comments this album is receiving.

I didnt think the arrangements made much sense when hearing the clips but after listening to the songs the arrangements fit very well in most cases.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next