Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is the best tourniquet album?

Go down 
+27
325ad
James B.
adrian
mr.electric39
Sutekh
shamgar75
kmorg
Joe
Addy
jettafiend
Jesusandmetal23
bassman
Tur-Thalion
nevermore
scottmitchell74
Thrasher73
exact33
rawr!
Grimmo
stepcousin
Troublezone
DallasBlack
ultmetal
GrandNational
The_Jayroh
mc666
metalhead777
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Best Tourniquet album?
Stop The Bleeding
What is the best tourniquet album? Vote_lcap24%What is the best tourniquet album? Vote_rcap
 24% [ 12 ]
Psycho Surgery
What is the best tourniquet album? Vote_lcap37%What is the best tourniquet album? Vote_rcap
 37% [ 18 ]
Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance
What is the best tourniquet album? Vote_lcap20%What is the best tourniquet album? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 10 ]
Vanishing Lesson
What is the best tourniquet album? Vote_lcap4%What is the best tourniquet album? Vote_rcap
 4% [ 2 ]
Crawl to China
What is the best tourniquet album? Vote_lcap0%What is the best tourniquet album? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Microscopic View of a Telescopic Realm
What is the best tourniquet album? Vote_lcap8%What is the best tourniquet album? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 4 ]
Where Moth & Rust Destroy
What is the best tourniquet album? Vote_lcap6%What is the best tourniquet album? Vote_rcap
 6% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 49

AuthorMessage
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

What is the best tourniquet album? Empty
PostSubject: What is the best tourniquet album?   What is the best tourniquet album? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 7:38 pm

Your opinion?
I always thought Microscopic view was the best. Some amazing riffs,almost thrash crossover esque vocals and just an all around good performance. Honestly,I nearly consider it an Avant Garde metal release with all the experimentation for the band.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tourniquet album?   What is the best tourniquet album? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 8:33 pm

Stop the Bleeding, but the first 3 were all pretty good. the rest is complete suckage imo.

The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tourniquet album?   What is the best tourniquet album? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 8:55 pm

I guess I'm pretty biased since the only one I know is Psycho Surgery....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tourniquet album?   What is the best tourniquet album? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 9:24 pm

I like P.O.D. the best, but like MC said, the first 3 are great.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tourniquet album?   What is the best tourniquet album? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 10:13 pm

1. Stop the Bleeding
2. Psycho Surgery
3. Pathogenic
4. Vanishing Lessons
5. Where Moth & Rust
6. Microscopic View
7. Crawl to China

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tourniquet album?   What is the best tourniquet album? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 10:33 pm

I'm odd duck, I pick Microscopic View which was my very first Tourniquet album. I'd say Stop The Bleeding would be second and, another pick that makes me an odd duck, Crawl To China is third. Microscopic and Crawl To China where some of my very first Christian metal CDs when I became a Christian (I had some before my conversion).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tourniquet album?   What is the best tourniquet album? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 3:09 am

Psycho Surgery.

It's their only album that I like all the way through. Also the song "A Dog's Breakfast" reminds me of Exodus.

Last edited by Troublezone on Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tourniquet album?   What is the best tourniquet album? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 5:30 am

I don't think I can choose a favorite. Of the first 2 I like STB slightly more.
P.O.D. still shreds the crap outta my brain (and carpul tunnel from the air drums). V.Lessons is one great heavy metal album but at first I didnt like the direction they went so it took a couple years to grow on me, same as C2C.
"Microscopic View" is just spectacular from start to finish from a thrash point of view but as 11 years have passed by, it doesnt seem to hold up as well song to song in my opinion. It is still awesome, just not as memorable as the early stuff.
I listened to "Moth & Rust" the other day for the first time in about 2 years and it is such a great album, a bit less speedy and more doomy but the guitar melodies that Ted rips off are so heavy and melodic. If that would've been their last album, it was a good way to go out. Can't wait to hear the new stuff.
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tourniquet album?   What is the best tourniquet album? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 6:23 am

GrandNational wrote:
I like P.O.D. the best, but like MC said, the first 3 are great.

Exactly my thoughts. Vanishing Lessons was okay for me, but I struggled with the next 3 albums.
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
rawr!
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 372

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tourniquet album?   What is the best tourniquet album? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 7:32 am

1. psycho surgery/pathogenic ocular dissonance/stop the bleeding/acoustic archives new track
2. microscopic view...
3. the collected works new tracks
4. vanishing lessons
5. where moth and rust destroy
6. crawl to china

never really cared to listen to the acoustic archives main tracks much so i didnt place them.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tourniquet album?   What is the best tourniquet album? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 8:14 am

1. Psycho Surgery
2. Stop the Bleeding
3. Pathogenic Occular Dissonance
4. Vanishing Lessons
5. Microscopic View
6. Where Moth & Rust
7. Crawl to China

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tourniquet album?   What is the best tourniquet album? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 8:37 am

Stop the Bleeding but the first 3 are all gold.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tourniquet album?   What is the best tourniquet album? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 5:35 pm

I like most of their catalogue, but Stop The Bleeding is an all-time favorite and easily my favorite Tourniquet.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tourniquet album?   What is the best tourniquet album? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 6:27 pm

Psycho Surgery gets my vote
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tourniquet album?   What is the best tourniquet album? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 7:59 pm

The first three are excellent. I also think Vanishing Lessons is really good. Acid Head is great!

Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tourniquet album?   What is the best tourniquet album? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 8:30 pm

This is tough for me. I really like a lot of Tourniquet's stuff. The first three are phenomenal. I also really like Where Moth and Rust Destroy. And over the years I've come to the opinion that Crawl to China is a brilliant album too.

I think Microscopic View isn't that great, and I feel the same way about Vanishing Lessons.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tourniquet album?   What is the best tourniquet album? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 10:15 pm

Stop the Bleeding, followed by Vanishing Lessons
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tourniquet album?   What is the best tourniquet album? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 11:15 pm

Not the biggest fan, the first 3 are pretty good though. If I had to choose it would be POD.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tourniquet album?   What is the best tourniquet album? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 12:45 am

Pathogenic, NO CONTEST!! The first 3 are brilliant, VL is very good also. I like crawl because it is Tourniquet for when the mood gets mellow and the song writing is fantastic. Microscopic is not so hot and Where Moth and Rust Destroy is growing on me, albeit slowly, but growing non-the-less.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tourniquet album?   What is the best tourniquet album? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 7:15 am

Im not a fan of them anymore, but I do have 2 of their albums and I still like them and they got my vote they are Stop The Bleeding & Pathogenic Occular Dissonance
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tourniquet album?   What is the best tourniquet album? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 12:03 pm

I only have heard two by them. PSYCHO SURGERY and WHERE MOTH AND RUST DESTROY. So, I went with PS.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tourniquet album?   What is the best tourniquet album? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 3:00 pm

Save for Crawl To China, I think they pretty much put them out in my ranking order Very Happy

Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tourniquet album?   What is the best tourniquet album? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 7:43 pm

Psychosurgery slightly over POD - I love them both.

We shouldn't forget The Collected Works as well. It had 2 new awesome songs on it that were better than the whole Crawl to China album.
Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tourniquet album?   What is the best tourniquet album? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 8:04 pm

If we set aside the fact that Crawl to China isn't thrash and therefore is not what you'd expect from Tourniquet (but then again, nor was Vanishing Lessons), what is there not to like about it? I think that Crawl to China is pretty excellent, actually. I think the songs are more well written than on Microscopic View, actually.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tourniquet album?   What is the best tourniquet album? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 9:12 pm

Tur-Thalion wrote:
If we set aside the fact that Crawl to China isn't thrash and therefore is not what you'd expect from Tourniquet (but then again, nor was Vanishing Lessons), what is there not to like about it? I think that Crawl to China is pretty excellent, actually.

Great songs on that album! And you're right, I think most people don't give it a fair shake is because it was a turn away from thrash (even moreso than Vanishing Lessons) and was an attempt at changing with the times (which is a valid argument against, but after these years the music should be more appreciated).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tourniquet album?   What is the best tourniquet album? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is the best tourniquet album?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next