Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath

Go down 
+36
AchrisK
scottmitchell74
Tur-Thalion
krail
T-Roy
kethdredd
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
shamgar75
MetalFRO
manny
DevZor
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
Orion Crystal Ice
metalhead777
EmoElmo
Grimmo
mc666
Sutekh
Shawn Of Fire
exact33
GrandNational
DallasBlack
Troublezone
jettafiend
Infinite
adrian
Fat Freddy
kmorg
Rex
Dark Horseman
powermacho
thejokeriv
James B.
Rami Airola
40 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Rami Airola
Metal student
Metal student
Rami Airola

Number of posts : 175

Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath Empty
PostSubject: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 6:51 am

The title of the new Tourniquet album was just revealed.
The cover art (made by Travis Smith) should be revealed at noon Central Time.

Ted also few days ago mentioned listening to the first track Neil had mixed and was apparently really amazed by it (who wouldn't say that about their own songs, though). Now that there is at least one mixed song ready, I think we can assume we will be hearing some samples soon, or even get a single out there.

What people here think of the title? I think it's cool. Never thought they would go for something that sounds even remotely brutal. I thought they would be using a title resembling the titles of the last two albums (a longer sentence type of a title).
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 7:25 am

The title means nothing really if the songs are poor. opinion I have hope !

Anyways, if you even subliminaly bad mouth Tourniquet. Lots of new posters come out of the woodwork and set you straight on the error of your ways and go bible scholar on your butt.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 7:56 am

Ever since Luke showed up on HoM and posted, I haven't been able to listen to Tourniquet. He really turned me off to the band. I'll skip this one!
Back to top Go down
Rami Airola
Metal student
Metal student
Rami Airola

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 8:21 am

I guess the Tourniquet thread now on the CMR is the only one ever that has been able to run as long as it has without someone locking it for people being a-holes towards each other Very Happy

I almost wrote to the opening post that feel free to praise or hate without getting beaten for it. It's always sad when people can't say their opinion and it's sad that people feel that when things get heated a thread has to be closed. Several good discussions in the past have been moderated to death in several different forums. For some reasons, quite a lot of them have involved discussions about Tourniquet Laughing

I'm a die hard fan of Tourniquet. There are only a few songs in their cataloque that I don't like. Don't know if that's because of fanboyism or just because Ted & co.'s writing has something in its core that just happens to appeal to me. That said, I don't care if people dislike the band.

And I remember the thread thejokeriv mentioned and I do understand if someone feels Luke's way to comment is off-putting. I can totally see that even though it doesn't matter to me at all.

Oh well, I hoped this thread would be only about the upcoming album but it got derailed to the controversial subjects in the first reply already. Not that it matters too much. I find all Tourniquet discussions entertaining, controversial or not Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 9:38 am

do they still have some creativity on their writing of music? i don't think so, but it would be nice to be surprised
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 11:04 am

James B. wrote:
The title means nothing really if the songs are poor. opinion I have hope !

Anyways, if you even subliminaly bad mouth Tourniquet. Lots of new posters come out of the woodwork and set you straight on the error of your ways and go bible scholar on your butt.

I just might test that theory Wink

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:51 pm

I have hope for this and I ignore what Luke says. If I didn't listen to bands because of jerks in them i'd like about 5.
Back to top Go down
Rami Airola
Metal student
Metal student
Rami Airola

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 2:14 pm

Here is the cover art:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150984746425011&set=a.74236910010.110446.609970010&type=1&theater
Shocked

I'm now really REALLY hoping that the music fits to the cover headbanger
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 2:20 pm

Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath Tqtab
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 2:20 pm

Not sure how I feel about this one.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 2:21 pm

Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath 251915_10150984746425011_609970010_12435196_1833165367_n

Looks cool! I've pre-ordered this.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 2:22 pm

^^ Why am I reminded of Cattle Decapitation's "Humanure" cover when I look at that art??

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 2:48 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
^^ Why am I reminded of Cattle Decapitation's "Humanure" cover when I look at that art??

I thought the same thing. The cover screams to me "PETA love fest"

EDIT: And knowing the band's pro-vegan stance, the cover seems to link eating meat to sin so bad that Jesus himself had to come down to earth and die on the cross because you ate a hamburger.

Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 3:00 pm

I'm looking forward to it. The last two albums were pretty good
Back to top Go down
Rami Airola
Metal student
Metal student
Rami Airola

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 3:04 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

EDIT: And knowing the band's pro-vegan stance, the cover seems to link eating meat to sin so bad that Jesus himself had to come down to earth and die on the cross because you ate a hamburger.

They are not vegan Very Happy
I think all of them eat meat.

They are just against unnecessary violence against animals.

"The title track, ANTISEPTIC BLOODBATH, speaks of the way our society prefers to sanitize brutality. We can have our tidy Christian faith, or continue with no faith at all, as long as we don't consider the painful bloody price that was paid for us. We use animals for our food, profit, and amusement, but would rather not know about the needless, often systematic suffering that is inflicted on them by a callous and greedy humanity. "Don't upset my comfort zone - brutal truth, leave me alone". The great news is that we have the ability to choose. This album encourages us to make good and humane choices in our daily lives that reflect these images."

And apparently Luke has said this:
"No one's tying animal cruelty to the crucifixion. We need Christ, but we generally don't want to engage the brutal aspects of the price paid for our redemption. We all need to eat, but we generally ignore the way our food is raised and processed. Two separate things that have parallels."

Fat Freddy wrote:

I thought of that too even though I haven't even heard that album and haven't even seen the cover more than twice Very Happy
I immediately thought of "the album where a cow is crapping out melted humans" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 3:43 pm

Rami Airola wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

They are not vegan Very Happy
I think all of them eat meat.

They are just against unnecessary violence against animals.

"The title track, ANTISEPTIC BLOODBATH, speaks of the way our society prefers to sanitize brutality. We can have our tidy Christian faith, or continue with no faith at all, as long as we don't consider the painful bloody price that was paid for us. We use animals for our food, profit, and amusement, but would rather not know about the needless, often systematic suffering that is inflicted on them by a callous and greedy humanity. "Don't upset my comfort zone - brutal truth, leave me alone". The great news is that we have the ability to choose. This album encourages us to make good and humane choices in our daily lives that reflect these images."

And apparently Luke has said this:
"No one's tying animal cruelty to the crucifixion. We need Christ, but we generally don't want to engage the brutal aspects of the price paid for our redemption. We all need to eat, but we generally ignore the way our food is raised and processed. Two separate things that have parallels."

Fat Freddy wrote:

I thought of that too even though I haven't even heard that album and haven't even seen the cover more than twice Very Happy
I immediately thought of "the album where a cow is crapping out melted humans" Very Happy

Don't worry - I'm not going on an anti-Tourniquet crusade. It if shows up on Spotify I will probably give it a listen. I am not a fan of Luke and I take anything he says with the proverbial grain of salt. I'm also not an Protestant Evangelical, but since a large percentage of their fan base is in that community, they might want to think twice about what the photo is saying - it does look like they are trying eating a nice, juicy med rare rib eye to the Crucifixion. They can release what ever they want for the album cover - it's their album and up to them. I have no issue with it and I don't believe in censoring anyone. More power too them! I just think it screams "PETA love fest".

Back to top Go down
Infinite
Metal student
Metal student
Infinite

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 4:06 pm

Good thing these guys didn't live in Old Testament times, what with God requiring animal sacrifices for atonement and all.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 4:06 pm

I am looking forward to this release. I thought that Microscopic was a garbage album but Moth was pretty good. No matter the content, it will never eclipse Pathogenic as their pinnacle album.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 4:35 pm

I agree with jettafiend.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 4:57 pm

Rami Airola wrote:

Fat Freddy wrote:

Yeah, it's one of those album covers that once you've seen it, you can never UN-see it. It sticks with you whether you want it to or not. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 6:50 pm

I'm not that surprised with the album cover. It contains the two biggest topics in TQT lyrics. And knowing Ted's stance with animal rights... He may be a fan of the imagery used by the band Cattle Decapitation.

Hopefully this will be a heavy "no nonsense" album without the typical weird stuff... (flutes/strange voices)
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 7:38 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I have hope for this and I ignore what Luke says. If I didn't listen to bands because of jerks in them i'd like about 5.

I try to take this approach. I'm sure a large amount of ther artists I listen to would be assholes if I ever met them. I'm still not sure Luke is a complete jerk, but he certainly was a bit too defensive regarding critisism of him.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Rami Airola
Metal student
Metal student
Rami Airola

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 8:07 pm

I have a feeling that we might have a Flotsam & Jetsam type of situation here.

I don't know what happened in their latest album The Cold, but that was the best damn thing they had done since the early records, both production and musicianshipwise.

Perhaps Neil gives the needed extra punch to give Tourniquet fuller sound than in the previous two albums.

I'm starting to like the album cover more and more. Damn, it even has Jesus' legs and right arm eaten(?) to the bone. That's some ballsy stuff right there! headbanger

Based on what Ted and Luke have already told, I can see it meaning something about Christians willfully eating the body of Christ as a sacramental ritual, and willfully forgetting the actual torture Jesus had to endure to complete his work on giving mercy to us all who need it. We eat the figurative body of Christ to feed our spiritual hunger and we eat the animals to feed our physical hunger but we don't like to think of what kind of horror and bloodbath have been and is done for that. We want to feed ourselves spiritually and physically but either don't want to know the origins of that, or we don't just care and we end up abusing everything to stop the hunger.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 8:21 pm

The cover is "meta" l I suppose surprised

Just strange that a "christian" band would depict Christ still on the cross. He isn't

Aside from that, I hope the tunes are at least written with the two guitar approach. The last few times I've seen them in the past decade, the single guiatr playing takes so much out of what they deliver. (IMHO) They need to go back to two guitarists onstage.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 8:23 pm

Quote :
Aside from that, I hope the tunes are at least written with the two guitar approach. The last few times I've seen them in the past decade, the single guiatr playing takes so much out of what they deliver. (IMHO) They need to go back to two guitarists onstage.

I agree. Their sound has been lacking since Gary left the band.

Last edited by Troublezone on Mon May 21, 2012 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath   Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next