Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta

Go down 
+30
candlemass
mikeinfla
jstate
SpectreFate
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
glassprison
chewie
tul
Shawn Of Fire
Witchfinder
MEGATRON
Infinite
Dark Horseman
powermacho
stormspell
James B.
brokentulsa
kethdredd
labrekk
nevermore
Waylon
thejokeriv
exact33
Eyesore
metalken
Metal Misfit
metalinmyveins
MetalGuy71
manny
Fat Freddy
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 8:31 am

I hope this version of Great White won't be doing any Zeppelin covers.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 11:37 am

I was trying to decide if i'd like that song if I didn't know it was GW and the answer was: maybe. But it's pretty generic.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 6:24 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I was trying to decide if i'd like that song if I didn't know it was GW and the answer was: maybe. But it's pretty generic.

it really is, much like the new Tyketto.

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 5:51 pm

I so wanted to like the new Tyketto but........it just feels blah.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 4:59 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

it really is. Its my biggest disappointment of 2012 so far..

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 5:52 pm

exact33 wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:
it really is. Its my biggest disappointment of 2012 so far..
It's grown on me. But as a Tyketto album, it's hard to not be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 2:36 am

The new album is actually pretty good.

Last edited by MEGATRON on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 11:40 am

Not wanting to let Queensryche steal the spotlight any longer, Jack Russel reminds us that his band started this drama... Razz

Quote :
JACK RUSSELL'S GREAT WHITE singer Jack Russell, who is currently embroiled in a legal dispute with his former GREAT WHITE bandmates over the rights to the group's name, has posted the following message on his Facebook page:

"A friend of mine just showed me an interview with my former guitarist Mark Kendall [of GREAT WHITE]. In this interview, he insinuates and/or alleges that I am not sober. Ordinarily I do not let such idiotic and slanderous comments bother me, as I must consider the source, but at this point I have had enough!

"My A.A. sponsor, who has been sober for twenty six years, will verify along with anyone else in my life that I AM SOBER. I will take my one-year cake and coin on August 10th.

"[Addressing Kendall directly] Do me a favor, worry about your own sobriety and quit taking cheap pot shots at me in the press while acting like a 'concerned old friend.'

"Remember, Mark, you were one of my dear old friends who never even called me once while I was in a coma for five days in the hospital. So for you to come off now like you are seriously concerned about my welfare is insulting. You are not fooling anyone, certainly not me.

"I wish you would stop 'wishing me nothing but the best' after doing your best to throw me under the bus.

"I propose from now on, if we don't have anything good to say about each other, let's just not say anything at all."

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 5:55 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Not wanting to let Queensryche steal the spotlight any longer, Jack Russel reminds us that his band started this drama... Razz

Quote :
JACK RUSSELL'S GREAT WHITE singer Jack Russell, who is currently embroiled in a legal dispute with his former GREAT WHITE bandmates over the rights to the group's name, has posted the following message on his Facebook page:

"A friend of mine just showed me an interview with my former guitarist Mark Kendall [of GREAT WHITE]. In this interview, he insinuates and/or alleges that I am not sober. Ordinarily I do not let such idiotic and slanderous comments bother me, as I must consider the source, but at this point I have had enough!

"My A.A. sponsor, who has been sober for twenty six years, will verify along with anyone else in my life that I AM SOBER. I will take my one-year cake and coin on August 10th.

"[Addressing Kendall directly] Do me a favor, worry about your own sobriety and quit taking cheap pot shots at me in the press while acting like a 'concerned old friend.'

"Remember, Mark, you were one of my dear old friends who never even called me once while I was in a coma for five days in the hospital. So for you to come off now like you are seriously concerned about my welfare is insulting. You are not fooling anyone, certainly not me.

"I wish you would stop 'wishing me nothing but the best' after doing your best to throw me under the bus.

"I propose from now on, if we don't have anything good to say about each other, let's just not say anything at all."

lol!

This is going to be entertaining too!!!

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 8:34 pm

I think it's hilarious that Jack is pissed that Mark didn't call him while he was in a coma! Oh the conversation they could've had!

Razz
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 9:12 am

Jack Russell's Great White have rescheduled dates in Sanford and Jacksonville, Florida for next weekend, after frontman Jack Russell was forced to miss the band's scheduled dates this weekend when he was hospitalized with and intestinal infection and was placed on IV and antibiotics.

The rest of Jack's band did show up for the dates over the weekend, and played covers with the local artists at the show.

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 12:46 pm

Jack may want to call it a day and concentrate on his health.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 1:23 pm

manny wrote:
Jack Russell's Great White have rescheduled dates in Sanford and Jacksonville, Florida for next weekend, after frontman Jack Russell was forced to miss the band's scheduled dates this weekend when he was hospitalized with and intestinal infection and was placed on IV and antibiotics.

The rest of Jack's band did show up for the dates over the weekend, and played covers with the local artists at the show.

Maybe I'm being cynical, but when I read that my first thoughts were OD
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 2:36 pm

Yeesh, again with this guy's intestines?
If we ever start a "dead pool" for rock stars 'round here, I got five bucks on Jack Russell.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 2:46 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Yeesh, again with this guy's intestines?
If we ever start a "dead pool" for rock stars 'round here, I got five bucks on Jack Russell.

You've got the lead on that now! Go start the thread! And you can have Jack Russell
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 8:05 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:

Maybe I'm being cynical, but when I read that my first thoughts were OD

yeah - that is where my mind went too.

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 8:09 am

Once your intestines are compromised, you'll struggle with it your whole life.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 10:16 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Once your intestines are compromised, you'll struggle with it your whole life.

And that's following doctor's orders and watching what you eat and drink. God know what Jack's doing while on tour. Just something as simple as eating crappy fast food could have terrible consequences.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 11:09 am

This guy can't win.

Quote :
Former Great White singer Jack Russell has been told the Station Fire Memorial Foundation don’t want any money from his upcoming charity show.

And the organisation have all but said he’s only doing it for publicity.

Russell recently announced he’d play an acoustic benefit concert in California in February. He planned to send the proceeds to the foundation set up to commemorate the 100 people who died in the blaze during a Great White concert a decade ago, including guitarist Ty Longley.

Later he revealed: “My manager received an email from the vice president of the Station Fire Memorial Foundation, stating that they will refuse any donations from me. The proceeds from the show will be donated to a different charitable organiaation, to be determined shortly.

“I am saddened by the response of the foundation and the motives behind it, but we will put on a great show and make it for a worthy cause.”

Now the foundation have lashed back against the second announcement. They say: “This event was not approved by, nor endorsed by the Station Fire Memorial Foundation. We require all third party fundraisers to be recognised and approved prior to advertising.

“The foundation felt that this event was not something we wished to be associated with. This is due to the resentment and animosity still felt by many of the families and survivors. We feel that the upset caused by his involvement would outweigh the amount of funds raised at this event

“Mr Russell’s manager, Ms Valerie Ince, responded that she would remove the name of the foundation from the event and another worthy charity would be chosen. We thanked her, and tried to have all traces of the event taken down from various music news websites before any damage could be done.

“Instead of graciously adhering to our heartfelt and polite request, Ms Ince then released an additional statement to the media.

“We stand behind our decision that our organisation represents the feelings and the needs of the family members and survivors above the need for publicity or opportunity of one person.”

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 11:34 am

^^ not exactly surprising. I just finished reading the book Killer Show about the Station fire and Jack Russell does not come off very well in it. There are a lot of people in that town who would gladly string him up from the nearest tree if he ever sets foot in Rhode Island again.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 11:45 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
^^ not exactly surprising. I just finished reading the book Killer Show about the Station fire and Jack Russell does not come off very well in it. There are a lot of people in that town who would gladly string him up from the nearest tree if he ever sets foot in Rhode Island again.
And it wasn't his fault. Human beings are greedy, selfish, and despicable.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 11:54 am

Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
And it wasn't his fault. Human beings are greedy, selfish, and despicable.

His fault or not, someone's gotta be the scapegoat in all this. And who better than the leader of the band? The guy is in a now-win situation. If he ignores it completely, he's a douche. If he tries to make reparations, he's a dick.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:07 pm

So, I just went on youtube and watched the vid from the Station Fire for the first time [I guess I have been pretty self-absorbed for the last 10 years. No surprise there]. That was one of the most morbid, disturbing things I have ever seen. It literally made me a little nauseous. From the looks of it though, that place had to be a tinderbox. I hope someone was made accountible for those decisions.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:14 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
So, I just went on youtube and watched the vid from the Station Fire for the first time [I guess I have been pretty self-absorbed for the last 10 years. No surprise there]. That was one of the most morbid, disturbing things I have ever seen. It literally made me a little nauseous. From the looks of it though, that place had to be a tinderbox. I hope someone was made accountible for those decisions.

By most accounts, there was finger-pointing in every direction. Band, management, club owners, fire dept, etc. I don't think any "one person" was held accountable. Freddy just read the book, so he can chime in with more info.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:28 pm

^^ The fault was pretty evenly split between a number of parties - the owners of the club, the band (mainly their road manager, i.e. the guy who lit the fireworks in the first place), and a number of people in the town government, particularly the fire inspector's office, who'd found numerous fire code violations in the club over the years but never followed up to see if anything had been done about them (nothing had).

So in other words, the place was a death trap long before Great White set foot in there. If it hadn't been their pyro that set it off, sooner or later it would've been somebody else's.

In the course of the class action lawsuit they also went after the manufacturers of the soundproofing "foam" that fueled the fire and a number of other defendants, including the local Anheuser-Busch distributor and Clear Channel radio cuz both of them were "sponsors" of the concert. (Not so much because they were "negligent" in any way, but because they had deep corporate pockets and they all gladly dropped a few mil into the victim's fund to make it all go away).

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta
Page 9 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next