Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta

Go down 
+30
candlemass
mikeinfla
jstate
SpectreFate
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
glassprison
chewie
tul
Shawn Of Fire
Witchfinder
MEGATRON
Infinite
Dark Horseman
powermacho
stormspell
James B.
brokentulsa
kethdredd
labrekk
nevermore
Waylon
thejokeriv
exact33
Eyesore
metalken
Metal Misfit
metalinmyveins
MetalGuy71
manny
Fat Freddy
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 5:51 am

I listened to the full album today. As we already knew from the songs they released these past few weeks, the production leaves a lot to be desired. It sounds like a demo recording and not just because of the production. Some of the guitar solos sound like they did one take without really having the solo worked out beforehand. Most of the best songs have already been released. There are a few others that could have been on Back to the Rhythm or Rising. A few are just plain weird, including the title track and "Spy vs. Spy."

Oh, and the closing track is sung in a barbershop quartet style. The voices are so processed that it sounds like a choir of robots.

The best part about it is that Jack's sounds relatively good throughout.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 12:40 am

glassprison wrote:
I listened to the full album today. As we already knew from the songs they released these past few weeks, the production leaves a lot to be desired. It sounds like a demo recording and not just because of the production. Some of the guitar solos sound like they did one take without really having the solo worked out beforehand. Most of the best songs have already been released. There are a few others that could have been on Back to the Rhythm or Rising. A few are just plain weird, including the title track and "Spy vs. Spy."

Oh, and the closing track is sung in a barbershop quartet style. The voices are so processed that it sounds like a choir of robots.

The best part about it is that Jack's sounds relatively good throughout.

I gotta say, I don't think the production sounds bad at all. It sounded great in my car and sounds really good on my PC.

As for the album itself, I love it. Yeah, the last track is awful. I have no idea who green-lighted that one, but aside from that one, it's a great album. Don't expect classic Great White. It's a very different kind of album. I mean, "Don't Let Me Go" has this summer-funky kind of sound you'd expect from 311. "He Saw It Comin'" could easily be a late-era Savatage track . It's a very odd album like that, but oddly it works.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 10:19 am

The "other" Great White is soldiering on with singer Terry Ilous and releasing their next album on June 2nd...
Sharknado, uh, I mean Full Circle
Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 13 Great-White-album-cover-1-e1493312370285

01. I’m Alright
02. Movin’ On
03. This Is The Life
04. Let Me In
05. Moonshine
06. Cry Of A Nation
07. Give It Up
08. Big Time
09. Never Let You Down
10. I’ve Got Your Back

No sound samples yet.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 4:38 pm

Love that cover.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 10:04 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
The "other" Great White is soldiering on with singer Terry Ilous and releasing their next album on June 2nd...
Sharknado, uh, I mean Full Circle

lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 10:29 pm

Ya know what? This new tune with Terry Whatshisface ain't half bad...

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 4:42 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Ya know what? This new tune with Terry Whatshisface ain't half bad...

Good tune, yeah. Terry is definitely trying to sound like Jack, though.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 4:52 pm

IMO, that has more of the classic Great White sound then Jack's version.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 10:32 pm

Great tune actually. Sounds like classic great white.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 10:33 pm

So full circle is out. Anyone picked it up yet?
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2021 5:43 pm

Was reading Blotzer’s book. He partied with Jack for years.
Near the end of the book, Blotzer talks about the nightclub fire.
That was tough. Skipped over it.
But he mentions how everybody banished the band.
He slammed Jack hard.
By the way, I just bought Full Circle. Had to…..after that video.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2021 6:04 pm

None of that had anything to do with the band. They got screwed. Blotzer can suck it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13