Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta

Go down 
+30
candlemass
mikeinfla
jstate
SpectreFate
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
glassprison
chewie
tul
Shawn Of Fire
Witchfinder
MEGATRON
Infinite
Dark Horseman
powermacho
stormspell
James B.
brokentulsa
kethdredd
labrekk
nevermore
Waylon
thejokeriv
exact33
Eyesore
metalken
Metal Misfit
metalinmyveins
MetalGuy71
manny
Fat Freddy
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 9:39 am

Quote :
It'll be good if Jack comes out at that first show and just slays it.

Why? I'd rather see him fall flat on his tits. Same with the 'other' Great White. Only then will they realize they need each other.

Quote :
So many surgeries, two back surgeries because the first one didn’t take, a perforated bowel, a broken pelvis, a shattered femur (leg) and a few other things. I’m like the Evel Knievel of Rock.

How does one break a pelvis and shatter a femur? Was he motorcycling over 15 buses while singing 'Mista Bone'?

Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 1:01 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
wow... first two Rhapsody's, then two LA Guns and now 2 Great Whites?? Dont tell Dianno because he will be back with 'Iron Maiden featuring Paul Dianno'

Wasn't there 2 Saxon's making the rounds not that long ago?

Yep - Oliver/Dawson Saxon. Supposedly they are still active, but with Saxon putting out great material on the excellent Call To Arms, I imagine Oliver/Dawson Saxon is somewhat marginalized now

Indeed. The only real Saxon is Biff's one.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 3:13 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
It'll be good if Jack comes out at that first show and just slays it.

Why? I'd rather see him fall flat on his tits. Same with the 'other' Great White. Only then will they realize they need each other.

Quote :
So many surgeries, two back surgeries because the first one didn’t take, a perforated bowel, a broken pelvis, a shattered femur (leg) and a few other things. I’m like the Evel Knievel of Rock.

How does one break a pelvis and shatter a femur? Was he motorcycling over 15 buses while singing 'Mista Bone'?
Addicts can manage a whole lot.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 7:26 am

I question whether he can even sing anymore. The perforated bowel (Geez it hurts just writing that) was caused by abuse of a drug he used to be able to sing at higher registers (I think it was a steroid of some type?). So the real question is can he still sing?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 8:16 am

Eyesore wrote:
He makes a compelling case for himself.

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2638

If he owns the name, though, why is he going out as Great White featuring Jack Russell or whatever? And didn't he once tour as Jack Russell's Great White? Maybe he's being respectful to the name, I don't know. Seems like he may not own it like he thinks, though.

Whoever is more on the side of right, this is all about money. It'll be good if Jack comes out at that first show and just slays it.

I think you nailed it with the money. Its not about the fans - its about the fans money.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 2:12 pm

kethdredd wrote:
I question whether he can even sing anymore. The perforated bowel (Geez it hurts just writing that) was caused by abuse of a drug he used to be able to sing at higher registers (I think it was a steroid of some type?). So the real question is can he still sing?
Right. But maybe he's just lost an octave or two. That's fairly normal. Guess we'll see, though.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 3:19 pm

Doesn't sound to me like he owns the name. If he did, why would he say that didn't care if they continued as their own version of Great White?

Obi's always been a jerk from what I've read over the years. Sounds like he's at the center of this whole issue.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 3:46 pm

To be honest, after the whole Station Nightclub fiasco I'm surprised the name "Great White" has any value left whatsoever.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 3:57 pm

Fiasco, indeed. What came after, anyway. Great White didn't deserve the beating they received from the public and family members of the victims. Again, that was all about money. Humans are despicable people at times.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 3:59 pm

I like the latter output from the band. I think its a shame all this bickering is taking place though. Fans just want the band to come back together and rock.

brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 6:15 pm

ok...so maybe the 2 great whites can get together with the 2 LA Guns and tour and call it the buy one get one free show. Razz
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 3:07 am

I don't know about you, but I think Jack sounds pretty damn good. Wish there were more videos, though.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 8:18 am

Eyesore wrote:

I don't know about you, but I think Jack sounds pretty damn good. Wish there were more videos, though.

you are right. I am a little surprised to be honest. I wasnt sure how he would do singing again.

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:56 am

He sounds good but I figured he would. Going by his recent interviews, he's sounded like he has things together and was confident in his ability to perform live. I hope he stays well.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 7:23 pm

I hope its not lip synched...

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 8:14 pm

exact33 wrote:
I hope its not lip synched...
Looks and sounds like real singing to me.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 12:41 pm

So it looks like the "other" Great White is moving on without Jack...

Quote :
Great White will be releasing 'Elation' on May 18th through Frontiers Records, the band's first recording with former XYZ vocalist Terry Ilous at the helm.

Great White guitarist Mark Kendall states, "First of all this will be our very first studio album with our new singer Terry Ilous, The new release will include 12 new original songs. Secondly it will be released in all of Europe, Japan and USA the same day, May 18th 2012. All the promotion for the album begins on April 18th. This is just a brief pre-announcement. Also we will be recording a live album at the Key Club on March 22nd for a future release. I would imagine the release date for the live album will announced later in the year. We will also be filming the show for a DVD that will also become available at a future date, to be announced. We are extremely excited about our new studio album and are looking forward to sharing our new music with you all."

Great White -- consisting of Mark Kendall (guitar), Michael Lardie (keyboards/guitar), Scott Snyder (bass), Audie Desbrow (drums) and Terry Illous (vocals) -- will be performing their 30th Anniversary show on March 22nd at the Key Club in Hollywood, California. Tickets for the event can be pruchased at www.keyclub.com.

Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 2 01164

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 1:02 pm

Interesting title. Maybe they're "Elated" that Jack Russell isn't around anymore??

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 1:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Interesting title. Maybe they're "Elated" that Jack Russell isn't around anymore??

That's what I was thinking. A giant albatross has been lifted from their neck and they couldn't be happier. For now anyway.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 1:44 pm

They could pull off Great White w/out Jack Russell but not w/out Mark Kendall. Although, the Zeppelin covers are gonna be lacking now (IMHO)

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 2:34 pm

James B. wrote:
They could pull off Great White w/out Jack Russell but not w/out Mark Kendall. Although, the Zeppelin covers are gonna be lacking now (IMHO)

Could be a tough sell for longtime fans. Jack is "The Voice" of Great White. Like Sebastain in Skid Row, for some, there is just no substitute.

I'm not really fussed either way. I haven't purchased a new release from Great White since that Zeppelin tribute album. I do enjoy reading about the drama though.

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 2:49 pm

On this week's installment of Has-Beens from the 80's....
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 4:19 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Oh, it's a total dig at Jack. Just like Dream Theater's A Dramatic Turn Of Events is a dig at—or at least reference to—Portnoy. And in both instances it's lame.

I'll buy this album because it'll probably be good, but it sucks that Jack isn't involved. Jack seems to be taking the AA approach to things now by not being confrontational, being forgiving, and so forth, which is good for him, but at the last time he's being screwed.

As much as we know Great White isn't Great White without Jack, most people aren't going to care. Great White will do better than Jack Russell's Great White.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 4:22 pm

S.D. wrote:
What time are you on?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 4:23 pm

Eyesore wrote:
S.D. wrote:
What time are you on?

surprised

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next