Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Single from Jack Russell's Great White upcoming album "The Gauntlet"

Go down 
+5
glassprison
Metal Misfit
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
Vexer6
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

Single from Jack Russell's Great White upcoming album "The Gauntlet" Empty
PostSubject: Single from Jack Russell's Great White upcoming album "The Gauntlet"   Single from Jack Russell's Great White upcoming album "The Gauntlet" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 7:06 pm

The band recently released this single on iTunes and plan to release more throughout the year in preparation for the upcoming album "The Gauntlet"

What do you all think of this song?

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Single from Jack Russell's Great White upcoming album "The Gauntlet"   Single from Jack Russell's Great White upcoming album "The Gauntlet" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 7:22 pm

Personally, I'm not impressed. I think it sounds like a discard from a recent Great White album.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Single from Jack Russell's Great White upcoming album "The Gauntlet"   Single from Jack Russell's Great White upcoming album "The Gauntlet" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 7:29 pm

I think it's an improvement over anything on "Rising"
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Single from Jack Russell's Great White upcoming album "The Gauntlet"   Single from Jack Russell's Great White upcoming album "The Gauntlet" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 8:06 pm

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Single from Jack Russell's Great White upcoming album "The Gauntlet"   Single from Jack Russell's Great White upcoming album "The Gauntlet" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 8:17 pm

I like it. Would rather listen to Jack Russell's version of GW than the other version.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Single from Jack Russell's Great White upcoming album "The Gauntlet"   Single from Jack Russell's Great White upcoming album "The Gauntlet" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 8:18 pm

It's kind of a shame because after the first few GW albums which I loved they pretty much lost me. Then in 1999 they came out with "Can't Get There From Here" which I really liked and I thought they might be back. Nope; I was bored with everything I heard after that...

That fire incident took the life out of the band IMO.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Single from Jack Russell's Great White upcoming album "The Gauntlet"   Single from Jack Russell's Great White upcoming album "The Gauntlet" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 10:36 pm

I'm not impressed either. It does sound better than anything on Rising, but that's not saying much.

I really like all of their material up through Can't Get There From Here. And about half of Back to the Rhythm is excellent as well. The 90s albums are my favorite though: Hooked, Psycho City, Sail Away, all classics in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12620

PostSubject: Re: Single from Jack Russell's Great White upcoming album "The Gauntlet"   Single from Jack Russell's Great White upcoming album "The Gauntlet" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 11:30 pm

(IMHDO)The melody in the vocal is intended to drive the song, but it is weak in places and in other spots , the delivery is what is weak. If the guitar had more punch and there was some "swing" in the rhythm section, they'd have a decent tune. Lardie's arrangement and production skills are sorely missed.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Single from Jack Russell's Great White upcoming album "The Gauntlet"   Single from Jack Russell's Great White upcoming album "The Gauntlet" Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 10:17 am

The new tune's not bad. Better than I thought it'd be. Which is sort of a compliment, right? It NOT terrible. I'd be interested in hearing more of the entire album, for what it's worth.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Single from Jack Russell's Great White upcoming album "The Gauntlet"   Single from Jack Russell's Great White upcoming album "The Gauntlet" Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 12:03 pm

Actually reminds me of something Aerosmith would've done years ago but Joe would've livened it up with better guitar.
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Single from Jack Russell's Great White upcoming album "The Gauntlet"   Single from Jack Russell's Great White upcoming album "The Gauntlet" Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 12:15 pm

Sounds good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Single from Jack Russell's Great White upcoming album "The Gauntlet"   Single from Jack Russell's Great White upcoming album "The Gauntlet" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Single from Jack Russell's Great White upcoming album "The Gauntlet"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: