Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta

Go down 
+30
candlemass
mikeinfla
jstate
SpectreFate
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
glassprison
chewie
tul
Shawn Of Fire
Witchfinder
MEGATRON
Infinite
Dark Horseman
powermacho
stormspell
James B.
brokentulsa
kethdredd
labrekk
nevermore
Waylon
thejokeriv
exact33
Eyesore
metalken
Metal Misfit
metalinmyveins
MetalGuy71
manny
Fat Freddy
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 4:32 pm

S.D. wrote:
On this week's installment of Has-Beens from the 80's....

7 full length "studio" lps between 84-94

4 full length "studio lps (now 5) from 94 to present

and you got The Zeppelin tribute and Recover cd in that same timeframe.

My point being they have still been releasing "quality" music not too far off from what put them on the map in the first place. IMHO, without the tragedy... we'd have even more music from them.

I understand if you don't care for their music, but to me a has been is a group that relies on the merits of what was done in their past and not doing anything else.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 4:35 pm

Quote :
As much as we know Great White isn't Great White without Jack, most people aren't going to care. Great White will do better than Jack Russell's Great White.

Are we talking "selling 50 albums opposed to selling 15"? Or playing to a live crowd of 50 vs. 30, including bartenders and waitresses? Razz

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 7:33 pm

I cannot wait for to see who out sells who...

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 11:40 pm

exact33 wrote:
I cannot wait for to see who out sells who...

When it comes to albums, I'll buy from each band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 11:59 pm

James B. wrote:
S.D. wrote:
On this week's installment of Has-Beens from the 80's....

7 full length "studio" lps between 84-94

4 full length "studio lps (now 5) from 94 to present

and you got The Zeppelin tribute and Recover cd in that same timeframe.

My point being they have still been releasing "quality" music not too far off from what put them on the map in the first place. IMHO, without the tragedy... we'd have even more music from them.

I understand if you don't care for their music, but to me a has been is a group that relies on the merits of what was done in their past and not doing anything else.

I was just joking around really.

I liked them, used to own a few of their albums, the last one I heard was ...Twice Shy. I just basically stopped listening to that style of music once the 80s ended. So I really had no idea how long their career lasted.

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 12:54 am

Hey S.D

check out the live Zeppelin tribute cd.

quality stuff w/out any 80's attachment whatsoever.

and what you originally posted about "has beens" was funny. I just gotta stick up for a band that is enjoyable.

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 3:55 am

James B. wrote:
Hey S.D

check out the live Zeppelin tribute cd.

quality stuff w/out any 80's attachment whatsoever.

and what you originally posted about "has beens" was funny. I just gotta stick up for a band that is enjoyable.

My favorite Great White album back in the day was "Recovery Live" (I think that was the title). There were a couple great Zeppelin covers on there...and a smokin' version of "Money (That's What i Want)". I always thought that was a killer disc.

Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 9:28 pm

I tried revisiting the two GW albums I own yesterday: Once Bitten... and ...Twice Shy. I only managed to get through album and half before giving up. "Save Your Love" is a great ballad, the rest though very tamed and repetitive, haven't aged well at all... I think I'll stick to early Bon Jovi and Kip Winger Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 3:52 pm

For his health, he should had not sing until he.wss free from.drugs
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 3:56 pm

Speaking of Great White, got this email about the M3 Festival yesterday:

A message from Merriweather Post Pavilion

There have been some changes to this year's M3 line-up and we want to fill you in. Unfortunately, we just learned that Cinderella is unable to perform as their lead guitarist, Jeff LaBar, is currently receiving attention for an unspecified medical condition, and the band will be off the road through mid June. We wish Jeff well.

We are glad to report, however, that we've added LA Guns and Great White to the bill - and there's another exciting addition. There will be an unforgettable M3 All-Star Jam with many artists from this year's festival joining onstage, showcasing their talents in this one-time only epic event.

We look forward to seeing you May 11 and 12th!

If you have any questions regarding this change, you can reach us via email at customersupport@ticketfly.com. Please include the name of the event and your confirmation number in all correspondences.

Thank you!

- Ticketfly Customer Support
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 3:58 pm

Great White is playing the Key Club in Hollywood tonight for those interested. No idea "which" Great White it is however.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 4:02 pm

S.D. wrote:
Great White is playing the Key Club in Hollywood tonight for those interested. No idea "which" Great White it is however.

I hope the building is fire proof
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 4:05 pm

manny wrote:
S.D. wrote:

I hope the building is fire proof

Laughing very hard

The email for M3 doesn't say which Great White or which LA Guns is playing......
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 4:10 pm

Quote :
Unfortunately, we just learned that Cinderella is unable to perform as their lead guitarist, Jeff LaBar, is currently receiving attention for an unspecified medical condition, and the band will be off the road through mid June. We wish Jeff well.

Cinderella cancelling a tour? No surprise there. The fact that it's not because of Tom Kiefer's voice however is shocking.

Quote :
We are glad to report, however, that we've added LA Guns and Great White to the bill

Which LA Guns? Tracii's or Phil's? And which GW? Jack or Mark's? Oy vey!!

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 4:55 pm

Now if only Slash would form his own G n R the circle would be complete.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 7:00 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Quote :
We are glad to report, however, that we've added LA Guns and Great White to the bill

i was thinking the same thing too. enough with two bands with the same name thing..

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 8:33 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
Unfortunately, we just learned that Cinderella is unable to perform as their lead guitarist, Jeff LaBar, is currently receiving attention for an unspecified medical condition, and the band will be off the road through mid June. We wish Jeff well.

Cinderella cancelling a tour? No surprise there. The fact that it's not because of Tom Kiefer's voice however is shocking.

Quote :

A dude at another forum I hang out on apparently has something to do with the promotional team for the M3 festival, and he sez it's the Phil Lewis-fronted L.A. Guns and the Terry Ilous-fronted Great White.

Just in case anybody cares. I've done my good deed for the day. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 8:38 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

Quote :

A dude at another forum I hang out on apparently has something to do with the promotional team for the M3 festival, and he sez it's the Phil Lewis-fronted L.A. Guns and the Terry Ilous-fronted Great White.

Just in case anybody cares. I've done my good deed for the day. Very Happy

Thanks you sir! Since I think I am the only one on HoM going to the M3 Festival, I salute you!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 8:40 am

thejokeriv wrote:

Thanks you sir! Since I think I am the only one on HoM going to the M3 Festival, I salute you!

You mean, you actually go to other concerts that don't involve Iron Maiden? Color me surprised. Very Happy

But seriously, you're welcome.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 8:40 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
Now if only Slash would form his own G n R the circle would be complete.

I thought he decided against using the GnR name and instead called it Velvet Revolver
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 8:43 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

You mean, you actually go to other concerts that don't involve Iron Maiden? Color me surprised. Very Happy

Laughing very hard

I need something to do when my kids are visiting the baby momma!

That's going to be a fun weekend - M3 Friday Night/all day Saturday then Lords Of Metal day (Megadeth \m/) on Sunday (same venue).
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 10:21 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

wow. Reporting this to the Iron Maiden fan club....

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 10:22 am

exact33 wrote:

They're gonna take his name off the list for the Janick Gers Nutswingers Meet-N-Greet. Very Happy

I keed, Leo, I keed.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 10:25 am

Gentlemen, gentlemen, Leo's Iron Maiden's loyalty is still intact, at least one of these bands has opened for an Iron Maiden tribute band
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 10:26 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
exact33 wrote:

They're gonna take his name off the list for the Janick Gers Nutswingers Meet-N-Greet. Very Happy

I keed, Leo, I keed.

they are going to put leo in the line waiting for blaze....

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next