Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta

Go down 
+30
candlemass
mikeinfla
jstate
SpectreFate
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
glassprison
chewie
tul
Shawn Of Fire
Witchfinder
MEGATRON
Infinite
Dark Horseman
powermacho
stormspell
James B.
brokentulsa
kethdredd
labrekk
nevermore
Waylon
thejokeriv
exact33
Eyesore
metalken
Metal Misfit
metalinmyveins
MetalGuy71
manny
Fat Freddy
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 8:21 am

This had 6666 hit when I clicked on it -
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 12:38 pm

I liked the song more then I thought I would due to low expectations.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 6:36 am

It's a pretty average song. I think it's about on par with anything on Elation. It just sounds pretty weak compared to the bulk of Great White material through Can't Get There From Here, maybe even Back to the Rhythm.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 10:38 am

007 wrote:
That tune's ok I guess. Doesn't make me wanna go out and buy it though

Yea, that about sums it up for me too. Considering all Jack's been through as of late, the fact that he can pull it together and record a new album is commendable, but that tune's not sparking much interest from me.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 5:52 pm

Rhode Island 'The Station' nightclub fire - Governor spoke -
News did a quick thing about a possible memorial site -
12 years in the making...still seems like yesterday, in some ways.
still cant bring myself to read any of the books written -
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 10:02 am

Any opinions on Jack Russell's solo album from a years back, For You? Worth picking up? From what I'm hearing on YouTube, it sounds like a pretty mellow affair.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 4:12 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Any opinions on Jack Russell's solo album from a years back, For You? Worth picking up? From what I'm hearing on YouTube, it sounds like a pretty mellow affair.

If it's cheap, might be worth it. Can't say I dig it too much.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 4:35 pm

Eh, I played it through on YouTube this morning. Not bad, but it's probably a little too mellow for me to justify a purchase. It would end up collecting more dust than airtime.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2016 3:44 am

Man, Jack really pulled it together, eh?

When he came back with his version of Great White, I was convinced his voice was shot. His voice is showing its age here, but he still sounds pretty great.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 12:55 pm

Good tune, but it sounds like ass. =(

I'm on a laptop, though, so hopefully it sounds better on CD.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 1:06 pm

Those were my thoughts too, Eyesore. Releases on Frontiers generally sound good, so hopefully it's just the video or our computers. But then again, someone actually approved this album art...
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 8:11 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Good tune, but it sounds like ass. =(

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 8:12 pm

I thought their first lp was good, after that I lost all interest in them...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2016 12:36 am

Okay, this sounds a lot better on my PC. It's not a great, but much better.

And yeah, the album art is pretty weak. The image isn't bad, really; it's the font that doesn't match at all. It clashes with everything. You don't put three f*cking different fonts on one little album cover!
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2016 12:30 pm

The instruments almost sound programmed. I'm sure this would great live with the original GW members. That said, the last album they released with Jack, Rising, doesn't sound great in terms of production. It's a mystery to me why they seem incapable of getting the production they had with albums in the 80s up through Can't Get There From Here in 1999. Compared to any of the albums in that time period this just sounds weak despite a few cool hooks.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2016 11:06 pm

glassprison wrote:
The instruments almost sound programmed. I'm sure this would great live with the original GW members. That said, the last album they released with Jack, Rising, doesn't sound great in terms of production. It's a mystery to me why they seem incapable of getting the production they had with albums in the 80s up through Can't Get There From Here in 1999. Compared to any of the albums in that time period this just sounds weak despite a few cool hooks.

Money. They don't have the budget, so it's all Pro Tools and digital shit, and obviously not done well.

A lot of bands these days suffer from the same problem to varying degrees.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 6:46 am

glassprison wrote:

It reminds me of CMC International in the early 90's. Most of the production on that stuff sucked ass (Warrant, Slaughter, even Maiden's stuff sounded not as good production-wise). The only two acts that sounded good on production for that label were Styx and Lynyrd Skynyrd and I just figured both of those bands probably had a lot more money to get production up to par. So I think production boils down to money. Same as today, some bands on Frontiers Records have badly produced albums while others have some that sound great (even tho modern standards brickwall and compress the heck out of them).
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 2:53 pm

'Nother new tune from Jack & co.

Not bad I guess. Might be a decent album.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 8:27 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
'Nother new tune from Jack & co.

Not bad I guess. Might be a decent album.

I've liked all the new songs, but they've all been pretty mellow. Even the "Hard Habit" single from last year, which is not on the album, was relatively slow. Where are the hard rock songs?
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 1:13 am

I agree. I like all of the songs despite the production. But I am expecting that this will be similar to Jack's second solo album in that it will be all mellow material. I gu
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 9:36 am

Eyesore wrote:

I've liked all the new songs, but they've all been pretty mellow. Even the "Hard Habit" single from last year, which is not on the album, was relatively slow. Where are the hard rock songs?

Yea, I wouldn't mind some more rockin' stuff too, but from what I've heard it's not a complete train wreck or anything. I was afraid his voice would be shot, but he's seems to be keeping it together.

I dunno. For the right price, I'd probably pick it up.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 3:34 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Yea, I wouldn't mind some more rockin' stuff too, but from what I've heard it's not a complete train wreck or anything. I was afraid his voice would be shot, but he's seems to be keeping it together.

I dunno. For the right price, I'd probably pick it up.

I posted a live clip a while back where he sounded really good. When he first came back from all that near-dying or whatever, his voice was really week. I didn't think he'd ever sound good again, but he sounds quite good these days.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 11:12 am

'Nother new tune. Not real rockin' but catchy nonetheless...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 8:36 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
'Nother new tune. Not real rockin' but catchy nonetheless...

Not as heavy as I'd like, but still another really good tune. I'll be buying this one.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 10:50 pm

Agreed, this is another cool song. I'm really scratching my head over that guitar solo though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta   Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jack Russell returns with "Great White"... sorta
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next