Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your guilty pleasures.

Go down 
+44
brokentulsa
bgsully
Dark Horseman
Orion Crystal Ice
onrypt
Wurthless
corplhicks
MetallicSeminarian
Boris2008
akeldama
troublemagnet
jstate
stepcousin
SlaytanicPOWER
kmorg
chewie
SAHB Healer
thejokeriv
metalinmyveins
manny
krokus
A Handful of Wayne
Shawn Of Fire
bassman
DallasBlack
tohostudios
Joe
MetalGuy71
James B.
ultmetal
Hamer12
Thrasher73
Gilbert
adrian
mc666
stormspell
GrandNational
Nico
Fat Freddy
exact33
Stender
Sutekh
Schbopo
metalhead777
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

Your guilty pleasures. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 3:38 pm

ULTIMATUM.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 4:54 pm

P.O.D. The Truby stuff and some of the other stuff.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 5:11 pm

Never thought that i'd get the chance to post this here! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 5:29 pm

A non-metal love:

I love basically everything Bruce Springsteen has done and I can pretty much listen to him at any time. The Boss rules!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_Cf6pgwm0I

I also love Petra. One of my all-time favorite bands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoiS4MObCO0

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 5:32 pm

My favorite 80s non-rock song. I suggest listening to a higher quality version, of course.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 5:33 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
A non-metal love:

I love basically everything Bruce Springsteen has done and I can pretty much listen to him at any time. The Boss rules!

Petra is metal. That is all.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 5:35 pm

corplhicks wrote:
A non-metal love:

headbanger
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 6:27 pm

corplhicks wrote:
A non-metal love:

headbanger

headbanger headbanger

I enjoy their music a lot - I am particular to the Volz era but all their stuff is good.

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 6:35 pm

Volz era was the best but On Fire was raging heavy metal Your guilty pleasures. - Page 4 754598

Okay maybe it was AOR/Hard Rock but for Christian rock at the time it blew up the church PA! Your guilty pleasures. - Page 4 754598
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 6:41 pm

Paul Wright's solo stuff and his band Rootdown.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 6:45 pm

btw - i dont really have any guilty pleasures. There is nothing guilty about listening to music you like.

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 7:26 pm

exact33 wrote:
btw - i dont really have any guilty pleasures. There is nothing guilty about listening to music you like.

Agreed
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 7:35 pm

S.D. wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Agreed

Unless it's Glee.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 7:36 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Volz era was the best but On Fire was raging heavy metal Your guilty pleasures. - Page 4 754598

Okay maybe it was AOR/Hard Rock but for Christian rock at the time it blew up the church PA! Your guilty pleasures. - Page 4 754598

Petra was Hard Rock.... and the Volz era was not their best era. The Schlitt stuff is much better.

S.D. wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Agreed

Also agree \m/
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 7:36 pm

corplhicks wrote:
S.D. wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Agreed

Unless it's Glee.

That's not a guilty pleasure, that's a nobody must ever find out sickness. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 7:52 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Petra was Hard Rock.... and the Volz era was not their best era. The Schlitt stuff is much better.

S.D. wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Agreed

Also agree \m/

I pretty much love all Petra, but 1981 (never say die) through 1992 (unseen power) is near perfect, IMHO.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 8:36 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

S.D. wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Agreed

Also agree \m/

I pretty much love all Petra, but 1981 (never say die) through 1992 (unseen power) is near perfect, IMHO.

I find Volz' voice annoying, sort of like fingernails on a chalk board!
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 9:23 pm

I don't really care what people think of my musical tastes, but if we're just going by stuff outside of the "metal norm", I'd have to say Kate Bush, Gotye, A Tribe Called Quest, XTC, et cetera.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 9:49 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

S.D. wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Agreed

Also agree \m/

I find Volz' voice annoying, sort of like fingernails on a chalk board!

This I can understand; his voice was nothing but plain, dull, uninspired, and completely non-rock. It's almost like I didn't hear him because the band was in top form.

My first Petra album was Not of this World. Always loved the synth intro, felt like I was in a sci fi environment.
Back to top Go down
onrypt
Metal student
Metal student
onrypt

Number of posts : 174

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 8:00 am

I know you asked for metal acts, but none are closeted Smile
Closeted (for this forum) would be:
Robert Cray
Jimmy Buffett
Steely Dan (seeing them in Sept in a 2500 seat venue Smile )
Cheers all!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/P207b

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 12:04 pm

If I'm supposed to feel guilty about non-metal then I'm going to be guilty 85% of the time.

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 12:22 pm

On here sometimes I feel just as guilty for other metal (black metal, power metal, progressive metal, death metal). Your guilty pleasures. - Page 4 811939 laughing
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 12:33 pm

I feel completely non-guilty about not liking Manowar.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 1:34 pm

Easy listening and smooth jazz. Music from my childhood that I still readily enjoy. Examples of easy listening:

Never Gonna Let You Go, Sergio Mendes
On and On, Stephen Bishop
Anything Dan Fogelberg
Sailing and Arthur's Theme, Christopher Cross
After the Love is Gone, Earth Wind & Fire (yes, 80's R&B can qualify as easy listening)
On My Own, Pattie Labelle and Michael Mcdonald

Also, Steely Dan should be no one's guilty pleasure because there is no shame in listening to the great music.

I'm also fond of older TV sitcom theme songs, such as Growing Pains and Family Ties, 'cause, damn it, they don't make 'em like that anymore. My favorite theme will always be ALF by Alf Clausen, better known to people like Freddy and myself as the composer for the Simpsons.

Now. Back to Metal...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 6:04 pm

Since I don't consider myself a "metalhead", my CD collection probably is more "guilty pleasures" than anything else. For instance:

Blessid Union Of Souls
Enigma
Vangelis
Sonia Dada
Elton John
Billy Joel
Charlie Daniels Band
Screeching Weasel
Ian Anderson
Swingin' Utters
Tony Carey
Bruce Hornsby
Steely Dan
Bruce Springsteen

...and on and on...you get the idea; I actually have more non-metal albums than metal albums.

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your guilty pleasures.
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next