Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your guilty pleasures.

Go down 
+44
brokentulsa
bgsully
Dark Horseman
Orion Crystal Ice
onrypt
Wurthless
corplhicks
MetallicSeminarian
Boris2008
akeldama
troublemagnet
jstate
stepcousin
SlaytanicPOWER
kmorg
chewie
SAHB Healer
thejokeriv
metalinmyveins
manny
krokus
A Handful of Wayne
Shawn Of Fire
bassman
DallasBlack
tohostudios
Joe
MetalGuy71
James B.
ultmetal
Hamer12
Thrasher73
Gilbert
adrian
mc666
stormspell
GrandNational
Nico
Fat Freddy
exact33
Stender
Sutekh
Schbopo
metalhead777
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Your guilty pleasures. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 7:03 pm

God I love Bruce Hornsby.

Now notifying admins to change forum name to Heart of Soft Rock. :cheese:
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:16 pm

I love some ska, particularly five iron frenzy and the supertones.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:26 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
Me too!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:28 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Me too!

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:46 pm

The ska is where I'm gonna have to break off with youze guyz. Your guilty pleasures. - Page 5 499945
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:49 pm

Yeah when Ska came out and formed its own bubble I became very afraid for the future of music. Glad it popped.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 10:05 pm

I enjoy U2 and bands that are of that ilk like The Call, The Alarm and Big Country. Big fan of The Boss, enjoy Billy Joel and think Mark Knopfler is a genius on guitar.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 10:29 pm

Not much into the ska genra particularly, but I really do like the O.C. Supertones, though I haven't listened to them in many years.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 10:30 pm

I'm also a fan of the Eagles. Seen them live, had all their albums at one time or another, and generally enjoy most things they did.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 10:32 pm

I loved the Two Tone 80's U.K ska thing. The 90's U.S ska not so much (well, maybe a bit of Less Than Jake and Rancid)
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 10:33 pm

I'm also a fan of the Eagles. Seen them live, had all their albums at one time or another, and generally enjoy most things they did.

So do I, but I like anything from the 70s (except stinkin' disco). I also like Don Henley's 80s material (though I can't stand his politics) and Glenn Frey's.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 10:52 pm

The Eagles always seem to get pushed out of rock and metal circles for discussion, and are frequently referred to as country, but what these guys did in marrying hard rock and country was astounding. Even before Joe Walsh joined up.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 10:55 pm

corplhicks wrote:
The Eagles always seem to get pushed out of rock and metal circles for discussion, and are frequently referred to as country, but what these guys did in marrying hard rock and country was astounding. Even before Joe Walsh joined up.

Agreed. Their "country rock" period was nearly as good as their "Hotel California" period. For example, Desperado is one of my favorite of their albums. And who doesn't like "Take it Easy?"
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 11:04 pm

Just today they had the Seinfield episode where Elaine dates a man obsessed with Desperado. Then at the end the EMT is distracted by Witchy Woman.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 11:08 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Just today they had the Seinfield episode where Elaine dates a man obsessed with Desperado. Then at the end the EMT is distracted by Witchy Woman.

I cannot hear either song without thinking of that episode.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 12:19 am

oh yeah, Eagles had some fantastic songs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 1:23 am

My Mother owned the Eagles Greatest Hits Vol. 1 in the 70s (hell, everyone did, one of the biggest selling albums of all-time) and she played it WAY TOO MANY TIMES! I still have a hard time hearing those songs to this day because I was burnt out on them by the time I turned 8 years old.

Of course I also drove her insane playing KISS Alive! over and over and over during the same era.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 2:27 am

corplhicks wrote:

I'm also fond of older TV sitcom theme songs, such as Growing Pains and Family Ties, 'cause, damn it, they don't make 'em like that anymore. My favorite theme will always be ALF by Alf Clausen, better known to people like Freddy and myself as the composer for the Simpsons.

There was a guy called Snuffy Walden who wrote just a whole bunch of TV sitcom themes, I forget just which, but a lot of them. The Wonder years was one I think. Earlier he had a hard rock band called Stray Dog, the album "WhileYou're Down There" is actually really good!
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 8:21 pm

These are two of my very favorite artists, although neither are remotely close to metal. I love them to death, though.

Steven Curtis Chapman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4vnQc59N-w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXqXIicm8uU

Rich Mullins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaNwTYJrYtA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgKDte0d_7M
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 2:58 pm

the Psychedelic Furs.... I have no idea why... I just do. Suspect
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 3:19 pm

80's New Wave
Outlaw Country especially Waylon Jennings and Hank Williams Jr.
Rory Gallagher (In my Opinion Better Than Hendrix)
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 6:34 pm

S.D. wrote:
My Mother owned the Eagles Greatest Hits Vol. 1 in the 70s (hell, everyone did, one of the biggest selling albums of all-time) and she played it WAY TOO MANY TIMES! I still have a hard time hearing those songs to this day because I was burnt out on them by the time I turned 8 years old.

Of course I also drove her insane playing KISS Alive! over and over and over during the same era.

My Mother played The Best Of The Dubliners and A Best Of Johnny Cash record all the way through my childhood, every time she would clean the house (which was a lot!) strangely, I still love both to this day. She also was wise enough to give me the bedroom that was furthest away from her ears. lol!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 8:12 am

S.D. wrote:

i cannot listen to the Eagles for this very reason.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 8:13 am

My Mom's go-to record when I was a kid was the "Grease" movie soundtrack. To this day, I can still remember every damn lyric to every damn song on that damn thing.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 9:29 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
My Mom's go-to record when I was a kid was the "Grease" movie soundtrack. To this day, I can still remember every damn lyric to every damn song on that damn thing.

So, planning to go to the next 'sign along with Grease' at your local theater?
just kidding
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your guilty pleasures.
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next