Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guilty Pleasure Songs

Go down 
+16
mikeinfla
ShadowAngel
Addy
Eyesore
Hadley
MetalGuy71
James B.
Wrecked Neck
akeldama
exact33
Boris2008
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
Lari
Wurthless
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

Guilty Pleasure Songs Empty
PostSubject: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 12:16 pm

I'm almost certain this topic has been done before, but I was listening to this:

and realized I should totally hate it... but I can't, haha. I know "guilty pleasure" might not be the best term for it, because there is no shame in liking something, but this song has all the ingredients of the things most prog-fans hate Phil Collins' solo stuff for, but I simply can't help but love it.

Are there any tracks like that for you guys? I'd be interested to hear them.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 12:17 pm

oh and they could totally be metal/hard rock songs, i only put the topic here because it was a Phil Collins/Philip Bailey track.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 12:29 pm

I'm probably getting too old to really feel guilty about things I enjoy.

Or maybe other stuff, but not music.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 12:53 pm

I have an "Easy Listening" playlist on Spotify filled with 70's and 80's soft rock/R&B love songs, the kind that were radio staples in the day. I still play the shit out of it, especially on Sat mornings LOL.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 1:07 pm

this one's gotta be a part of that playlist, lol.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 1:16 pm

Wurthless wrote:
this one's gotta be a part of that playlist, lol.

Almost! Not quite "lush" enough. We're talking Christopher Cross, Peaches & Herb, Peabo Bryson etc.

Although this one is one my New Wave playlist. Killler grooves lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 4:00 pm

Wurthless wrote:

Thanks a lot. Now this is gonna be stuck in my head allllll friggin day. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 4:52 pm

Nothing guilty about this. I will always take the opportunity to turn people on to this cool album, though.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 7:44 pm

I'm with those who can't be bothered to feel guilty but.............

What can I say, I love disco and I always will  Very Happy (btw the Chaka Khan tune is a classic!)
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 7:53 pm

Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 10:13 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Wurthless wrote:

Thanks a lot. Now this is gonna be stuck in my head allllll friggin day. Laughing very hard

Anytime I hear Easy Lover I walk around all damn day humming it, lol.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 10:18 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
I'm with those who can't be bothered to feel guilty but.............

What can I say, I love disco and I always will  Very Happy (btw the Chaka Khan tune is a classic!)

Yeah I really dig the Chaka Khan song. I sang the chorus with a waitress in a Waffle House once, haha. She was surprised as hell that I knew it.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 10:20 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Nothing guilty about this.  I will always take the opportunity to turn people on to this cool album, though.

this is hella interesting. thanks for sharing, Sax.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 1:33 pm

Wurthless wrote:
I'm almost certain this topic has been done before, but I was listening to this:

and realized I should totally hate it... but I can't, haha. I know "guilty pleasure" might not be the best term for it, because there is no shame in liking something, but this song has all the ingredients of the things most prog-fans hate Phil Collins' solo stuff for, but I simply can't help but love it.

Are there any tracks like that for you guys? I'd be interested to hear them.

Greatest song and video of the 80s!!!!

Plus it is Toho approved Razz

exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 2:01 pm

oh yeah - my guilty pleasure:

akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 3:36 pm

GREAT... call on 'Easy Lover'. I have so many but I'll post 'em when I'm not at work. Like Boris I really dig Disco so let's see if I post some.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 4:53 pm

exact33 wrote:
oh yeah - my guilty pleasure:

To listen to AND watch LOL.

Man they were hot.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 6:51 pm

I'm a sucker for the longer versions usually featured on 12" singles.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 6:59 pm

I've told this story before but I have always liked this song a lot and never understood why but I knew there was this... connection. I later found out it was the #1 song on the Billboard charts the day I was born.

Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 8:07 pm

akeldama wrote:
I've told this story before but I have always liked this song a lot and never understood why but I knew there was this... connection. I later found out it was the #1 song on the Billboard charts the day I was born.

MINNEAPOLIS DISCO!  Just a bit of trivia:  The singer of this song was a cop that eventually sang back up on some Prince tracks.  Minneapolis is still known as FunkyTown.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 8:14 pm

Wurthless wrote:
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Nothing guilty about this.  I will always take the opportunity to turn people on to this cool album, though.

this is hella interesting. thanks for sharing, Sax.

The whole album is amazing, tbh W. Send me two dollars and it can be yours. haha. [always the salesman....]. Or, just youtube the whole thing. Really, REALLY stellar stuff. I think I will post one more that might blow your mind [see below VVV].
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 8:14 pm

Get up and Dance!!!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 9:22 pm

You all know that I'm not in the slightest bit guilty about any of this right? dancingthing
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 9:41 pm

I didn't know she sang on Prince songs and I'm a Prince freak.

Last edited by akeldama on Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 9:59 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guilty Pleasure Songs
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next