Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your guilty pleasures.

Go down 
+44
brokentulsa
bgsully
Dark Horseman
Orion Crystal Ice
onrypt
Wurthless
corplhicks
MetallicSeminarian
Boris2008
akeldama
troublemagnet
jstate
stepcousin
SlaytanicPOWER
kmorg
chewie
SAHB Healer
thejokeriv
metalinmyveins
manny
krokus
A Handful of Wayne
Shawn Of Fire
bassman
DallasBlack
tohostudios
Joe
MetalGuy71
James B.
ultmetal
Hamer12
Thrasher73
Gilbert
adrian
mc666
stormspell
GrandNational
Nico
Fat Freddy
exact33
Stender
Sutekh
Schbopo
metalhead777
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Your guilty pleasures. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 6:33 pm

adrian wrote:
Oh yeah, one more for me; Static-X. I know some might try labeling them as nu-metal but I think they're more just industrial and I like them

I agree. They're not a favorite but when I'm in an industrial mode I can dig some Static X. I lump them in with Ministry, Stabbing Westward, Gravity Kills and about a dozen other bands of similar musical style.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 6:38 pm

tohostudios wrote:
SAHB Healer wrote:
Tears for Fears
Spandau Ballet
Depeche Mode
Soft Cell
OMD

and all that sort of thing

Psychadelic Furs? Julian Cope?

well yeah. The Teardrop Explodes with Julian Cope. I liked Sniffin' The Tears too. I like bands that cry a lot I guess:( LOL
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 6:39 pm

Forgot my new favorite from the current disco scene: GUNTHER and the Sunshine Girls

Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 6:41 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
SAHB Healer wrote:
Tears for Fears
Spandau Ballet
Depeche Mode
Soft Cell
OMD

and all that sort of thing

Psychadelic Furs? Julian Cope?

well yeah. The Teardrop Explodes with Julian Cope. I liked Sniffin' The Tears too. I like bands that cry a lot I guess:( LOL

Sniff N The Tears! Love this song:

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 6:43 pm

How about this one?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 6:49 pm

stormspell wrote:
Forgot my new favorite from the current disco scene: GUNTHER and the Sunshine Girls

I could care less about the song, the video was great! With the lone exception that the only butt dance I saw was some dudes.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 10:47 pm

tohostudios wrote:
adrian wrote:
Oh yeah, one more for me; Static-X. I know some might try labeling them as nu-metal but I think they're more just industrial and I like them

I agree. They're not a favorite but when I'm in an industrial mode I can dig some Static X. I lump them in with Ministry, Stabbing Westward, Gravity Kills and about a dozen other bands of similar musical style.

I was once at a club where my friends band was playing and decided to stick around because a band managed by one of the members of SOAD was gonna play after them (sometime in 2004 if memory serves me right). I think they were called Aplomb or something like that, didn't care for them, they probably don't exist anymore. Anyway, I ended up on the second floor of the venue with a seat next to Wayne Static and his girlfriend. I just stared at his gravity defying hair during most of the set.

Never personally dug their music myself, but never really hated it either, kind of indifferent to them.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 8:26 am

I dig 80s pop and rock in general.

metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 10:48 am

tohostudios wrote:
adrian wrote:

Same here.

also,forgot about this!

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 10:59 am

All you guys are Your guilty pleasures. - Page 3 811939 Your guilty pleasures. - Page 3 576953 dancingthing :cheese:

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 11:47 am

I like the jazz pop of:
Level 42
Gino Vanelli

and I do like a lot of late 70s and 80s pop like:
The Vapors
The Cars
The Producers
Split Enz
The Knack
and other weird stuff
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 12:04 pm

When it was new, I used to listen to The Kelly Family's "Almost Heaven" album all the time. Hey, at least the boys had long hair?

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 12:43 pm

ultmetal wrote:
All you guys are Your guilty pleasures. - Page 3 811939 Your guilty pleasures. - Page 3 576953 dancingthing :cheese:

welcome to the club! There is room for one more Smile

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 2:27 pm

kmorg wrote:
When it was new, I used to listen to The Kelly Family's "Almost Heaven" album all the time. Hey, at least the boys had long hair?

of course they did, they are Irish Travellers / Gypsies
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 6:01 pm

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 6:36 pm

exact33 wrote:

I'm with you. 80s-early 90s pop actually had real artists unlike the glorified models, who's only real talent is to sing in key and dance the moves their choreographers come up for them, that dominated pop in the late 90s and beyond.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 6:43 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
exact33 wrote:

I'm with you. 80s-early 90s pop actually had real artists unlike the glorified models, who's only real talent is to sing in key and dance the moves their choreographers come up for them, that dominated pop in the late 90s and beyond.

absolutely. The 80s and early 90s knew how to make a catchy song - an art long since forgotten...

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 6:47 pm

exact33 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
exact33 wrote:

absolutely. The 80s and early 90s knew how to make a catchy song - an art long since forgotten...

Agree - aside from Mili Vanili, who if they where around today would just be auto-tuned so they sound good instead of using other singers and lip-syncing
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 7:07 pm

cheesy 60's one hit wonders like "Monday Monday" and "Louie Louie" and "Sugar Sugar". Must have two of the same words in title of song to be a hit!.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 12:14 pm

A lot of stuff in this thread I feel not one once of guilt loving.

Back in the day when I was concerned about what people would think of my music, I used to dub my cassettes onto blank tapes and label them cryptically. The big one I did this for was that first Roxette album. I so loved that record (and never really thought the hits were the best tunes on there) but did I ever go to great lengths to hide it. Funny thing is I know there was much more embarrassing stuff I was completely open about.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 12:33 pm

Locky wrote:
kmorg wrote:

of course they did, they are Irish Travellers / Gypsies

Irish? I thought they had German ancestry?

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 6:34 pm

A guilty pleasure of mine is putting my hair in pig tails wearing nothing but lederhosen, stadning on the roof singing "All Things Bright And Beatiful" on a full moon in August.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 6:47 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
A guilty pleasure of mine is putting my hair in pig tails wearing nothing but lederhosen, stadning on the roof singing "All Things Bright And Beatiful" on a full moon in August.

Shocked Got...to...get...that ..image...out...of...my...mind.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 8:27 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

its a good thing its not your spelling prowess!!!

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 10:06 pm

jstate wrote:
A lot of stuff in this thread I feel not one once of guilt loving.

You eat cheeseburgers in the nude, too?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your guilty pleasures.   Your guilty pleasures. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your guilty pleasures.
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next