Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Journey - Eclipse

Go down 
+21
Wargod
SAHB Healer
nevermore
krokus
SpectreFate
A Handful of Wayne
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
Metal Misfit
Fat Freddy
James B.
DeathCult
Shawn Of Fire
manny
exact33
chewie
thejokeriv
speed101
Troublezone
Eyesore
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Journey - Eclipse - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 11:43 am

Well, can someone ask him why there are no defined paragraphs on his site? Haha.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 12:13 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
One guy owns the site, manages the content, moderates the message boards, and does all the reviews...Andrew McNeice.

Wow, that's a lot of work for one man!

Eyesore wrote:
Well, can someone ask him why there are no defined paragraphs on his site? Haha.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 1:21 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MelodicRock.com is a great site, but their reviews are generally terrible. And why the hell doesn't that site have paragraph breaks? Everything that is posted has no breaks and looks like crap.

Is it just one guy doing all the reviews? I'm mystified at some of the ratings on that site. Granted, it's all subject to opinion and I'm not huge fan of AOR.

I dont mind the reviews - I use them to listen to the bands I might not have otherwise found out about..

chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 1:55 pm

I use to visit that site quite often, before I discovered this place!

I have all but two of the MRCD collections. Turned me on to a lot of music that I either didn't know or didn't think still existed.

Grand Illusion
Wig Wam
The Poodles
Brother Firetribe

are just a few and he's been running that site for a loooooong time!
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 9:13 pm

Back to the record.....

Arnel sounds like himself, if that makes sense. He doesn't sound like he's trying to be Steve Perry. I still think they should have had Deen do the vocals after Augeri, but I digress. I was skeptical at first, but this album is pretty darn good. A good followup to Revelation. Best songs: Chain Of Love, City Of Hope, Human Feel
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 8:32 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Back to the record.....

Arnel sounds like himself, if that makes sense. He doesn't sound like he's trying to be Steve Perry. I still think they should have had Deen do the vocals after Augeri, but I digress. I was skeptical at first, but this album is pretty darn good. A good followup to Revelation. Best songs: Chain Of Love, City Of Hope, Human Feel

Agree with you on Arnel - it sounds like they let him be himself instead of holding a contract to his head saying "you need to sound like Steve"
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 8:52 am

They never should have ousted Steve Augeri...

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 9:07 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

You are correct.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 10:13 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

He couldn't tour and they have to tour to make money.

The classic rock machine must go on. Look at Foreigner, Yes, Styx, etc. Replace whoever is keeping you from going on these lucrative tours. New album? If we get around to it ....
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 10:14 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
these lucrative tours. New album? If we get around to it ....

Sounds like Temple of Blood the band. Smile just kidding
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 10:25 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I prefer Arnel, I like his voice better and IMO has better stage presence.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 10:28 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

He couldn't tour and they have to tour to make money.

The classic rock machine must go on. Look at Foreigner, Yes, Styx, etc. Replace whoever is keeping you from going on these lucrative tours. New album? If we get around to it ....

They toured his throat to shredded for 8 years...they could have taken 6 months off after Soto helped them finish the Def Leppard tour and let Augeri recover. But whatever, I know that this business is not the "buddy club" (like my guitarist likes to say), but still...Schon/Cain put the Journey legacy on Augeri's back and he carried it well for 7.5 years (the last half a year he was struggling hard)...they tossed him like he was garbage.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 11:26 am

manny wrote:

I think Arnel's voice is better too.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 11:35 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
these lucrative tours. New album? If we get around to it ....

Sounds like Temple of Blood the band. Smile just kidding

I was busy with a cover band for 2 years and we had some lineup changes. Now I have the best lineup we've ever had. It just took time. This, unlike the bands I listed, is not my full-time job and that makes all the difference in the world.

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 11:39 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
They toured his throat to shredded for 8 years...they could have taken 6 months off after Soto helped them finish the Def Leppard tour and let Augeri recover. But whatever, I know that this business is not the "buddy club" (like my guitarist likes to say), but still...Schon/Cain put the Journey legacy on Augeri's back and he carried it well for 7.5 years (the last half a year he was struggling hard)...they tossed him like he was garbage.

They'll do whatever to make money. When they shred Arnel's voice he'll be out too and they'll search YouTube for his replacement. The fans demand, right or wrong, that the vocalist for Journey sound like Perry in the 80s. He wasn't hired for his personality or songwriting, he was hired to sing at a high level and if he can't hack it they'll show him the door.

Singing is much more difficult to maintain/control than other instruments for these bands so it seems unfair but that is just the way it is. People are COMPLETELY FIXATED on vocals and that is what they will pay the big $$$ for.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 11:50 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

They'll do whatever to make money. When they shred Arnel's voice he'll be out too and they'll search YouTube for his replacement. The fans demand, right or wrong, that the vocalist for Journey sound like Perry in the 80s. He wasn't hired for his personality or songwriting, he was hired to sing at a high level and if he can't hack it they'll show him the door.

Singing is much more difficult to maintain/control than other instruments for these bands so it seems unfair but that is just the way it is. People are COMPLETELY FIXATED on vocals and that is what they will pay the big $$$ for.

I completely agree...it just sucks.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 12:18 pm

Shawn and ToB , you really think fans will accept, a third vocalist for Journey? I don't no matter how good he is, look at Van Halen, fans accepted two of out of their three vocalist, even the mighty Black Sabbath were unable to maintain the level of success they had after Ian Gillan bailed, as much as I liked Tony Martin, most Sabbath fans abandoned ship.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 12:19 pm

manny wrote:
Shawn and ToB , you really think fans will accept, a third vocalist for Journey? I don't no matter how good he is, look at Van Halen, fans accepted two of out of their three vocalist, even the mighty Black Sabbath were unable to maintain the level of success they had after Ian Gillan bailed, as much as I liked Tony Martin, most Sabbath fans abandoned ship.

Arnel is actually the 4th, 6th if you count the dude from Vinnie Vincent Invasion's first LP and JSS. Wink
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 12:24 pm

Manny - Revelation went Platinum....I think they already have.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 12:27 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Wow, already?!?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 12:28 pm

manny wrote:
Shawn and ToB , you really think fans will accept, a third vocalist for Journey?

Not only will they accept it, they'll demand it if the previous vocalist starts NOT sounding like Perry from the 80s.

They could use a different singer every single date of every tour as long as they are completely cloning Steve Perry.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 12:32 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
manny wrote:

I think Arnel's voice is better too.

me too. I think that while he is closer to Perry, he does put his own stamp on the music.

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 12:32 pm

These tours have to be grueling for this kind of singer, who is expected to sing ultra-clean and pitch-perfect just like someone did in the studio when they were 28 years old. I have a TON of sympathy for these guys, but the fans get what they demand and they are a big part of the problem in some ways.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 12:38 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
manny wrote:

Arnel is actually the 4th, 6th if you count the dude from Vinnie Vincent Invasion's first LP and JSS. Wink

I am only counting from Steve Perry onward, this first two Journey albums were more prog then AOR band, and Jeff Scott Soto barely lasted 6 minutes, I thought he was an interesting choice since he is so different then the two previous choices, but I guess I was the only that felt that way.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 12:41 pm

chewie wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Wow, already?!?!?!?!

Revelation went Platinum within a year of release.

720,000+ physical units x2 CDs in each unit = 1,400,000 sales. Thank you YouTube & Oprah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Journey - Eclipse
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next