Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Amorphis - Eclipse

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

Amorphis - Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Amorphis - Eclipse   Amorphis - Eclipse Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 3:34 pm

Anyone heard it? I would like to know, is it good or bad?
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Amorphis - Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amorphis - Eclipse   Amorphis - Eclipse Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 8:05 am

Its decent. Its better than the last couple of albums, but it doesn't touch "Elegy" or "1000 lakes" in my opinion. But its definately a step in the right direction.
Back to top Go down

Amorphis - Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amorphis - Eclipse   Amorphis - Eclipse Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 2:10 am

Rexorcist wrote:
Its decent. Its better than the last couple of albums, but it doesn't touch "Elegy" or "1000 lakes" in my opinion. But its definately a step in the right direction.
Bump! Missed this one. I personally think everything the band has done has been great. Tuonela, Am Universum, and Far From The Sun are very different albums, but I still think they're excellent.

Eclipse shocked me, to be honest. I never expected that shift in style. It's not like any album before Elegy, nor is it like any album album. But it is a damn solid mix of the old style and the post-Elegy style. And that's what Elegy basically was anyway. I think Eclipse only sounds different because of the new singer. If Pasi hadn't left the band, I think it would sound very much like a natural follow-up to Elegy. Eclipse is a killer album, I think.

Anyway, there are some samples posted from the up coming single, you can hear them here:

http://www.nuclearblast-musicshop.de/album...language=en

There's also a live clip of a new song, which sounds like crap, but they do the death metal vocals a bit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG5y0unJrPM
Back to top Go down

Amorphis - Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amorphis - Eclipse   Amorphis - Eclipse Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 12:37 am

Got the new promo in the mail today. Just got through listening to it, and it's excellent! It's stylistically the same as Eclipse: a perfect mix of early Amorphis and latter day stuff. This album has more death metal vocals than Eclipse had, though.

I'm really surprised that the band has sort of gone back to their roots. I guess Pasi had a lot of influence over the direction of albums.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Amorphis - Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amorphis - Eclipse   Amorphis - Eclipse Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amorphis - Eclipse
Page 1 of 1