Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Very cool new single from Eclipse

Go down 
+5
corplhicks
ResedaCountryClub
Shawn Of Fire
exact33
glassprison
9 posters
AuthorMessage
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

Very cool new single from Eclipse  Empty
PostSubject: Very cool new single from Eclipse    Very cool new single from Eclipse  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 6:24 pm

This sounds just as good as anything on Bleed and Scream to my ears!

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Very cool new single from Eclipse    Very cool new single from Eclipse  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 7:00 pm

that sounds excellent!

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Very cool new single from Eclipse    Very cool new single from Eclipse  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 2:45 pm

Great band

Metal novice
Metal novice
ResedaCountryClub

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: Very cool new single from Eclipse    Very cool new single from Eclipse  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 12:00 am

I'm looking forward to this one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.spreaker.com/show/hard_rocking_trivia_show
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Very cool new single from Eclipse    Very cool new single from Eclipse  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2019 5:04 pm

Can we talk about these guys? I was in a melodic rock mood one day and stumble on them, became an instant fan. That Bleed & Scream album is fucking mindblowing! Ain't Dead Yet is one of those songs that MUST be played loud haha.

However, I gotta say that the material that came after B&S, while maintaining a similar formula, sounds a bit more "commercial pop," I suppose, sometimes a bit boy band. I know, weird analogy. But they just don't seem to have the same energy B&S had (I've yet to hear prior albums). Thoughts?

Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Very cool new single from Eclipse    Very cool new single from Eclipse  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2019 6:26 pm

I guess I can see that, but I have to say Monumentum (the latest one, of 2017) might be my favorite album of theirs. Then again, I also listen to some pop music, so that wouldn't necessarily bother me. So many great hooks on "Never Look Back"; "The Downfall of Eden"; "Jaded" ...

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: Very cool new single from Eclipse    Very cool new single from Eclipse  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 10:34 am

glassprison wrote:
I guess I can see that, but I have to say Monumentum (the latest one, of 2017) might be my favorite album of theirs. Then again, I also listen to some pop music, so that wouldn't necessarily bother me. So many great hooks on "Never Look Back"; "The Downfall of Eden"; "Jaded" ...

I agree Momentum is a great album!!!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Very cool new single from Eclipse    Very cool new single from Eclipse  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 12:12 pm

Makes me think of Hysteria, the hooks, the glossy production. It's a fun listen.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Very cool new single from Eclipse    Very cool new single from Eclipse  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 6:09 pm

I think the big difference might be the aggression in B&S is thinned out some in Momentum. Also looks like there's different drummers between releases, may have something to do with the writing process.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Very cool new single from Eclipse    Very cool new single from Eclipse  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2019 6:44 pm

New song and as usual a great hook, keeping that 80's sound alive.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Very cool new single from Eclipse    Very cool new single from Eclipse  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2019 7:45 pm

Quote :
Momentum

Not sure if it's due to autocorrect or not, but this must be the most mis-titled album in online metal discussions! It's actually a neologism, "Monumentum."

To my ears, the new song picks up where they left off. They've said that they don't mess around too much with their formula, so nothing really new here. But that's all good in my book! I love what this band has done on the last few releases.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Very cool new single from Eclipse    Very cool new single from Eclipse  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2019 8:30 pm

Yeah, when Erik wants to sound different it's with Nordic Union.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Very cool new single from Eclipse    Very cool new single from Eclipse  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 8:45 pm

I love all the Eclipse albums so this one WILL be mine!

Dark Horseman wrote:
Yeah, when Erik wants to sound different it's with Nordic Union.

Another great project! Erik also contributes to W.E.T. (which is the 'E' in that band).

W: Work Of Art ( Robert Säll-never heard that band)
E: Eclipse (Erik Mårtensson)
T: Talisman (Jeff Scott Soto-only heard one Talisman album, though I'm VERY familiar with him)

But you probably know that.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Very cool new single from Eclipse    Very cool new single from Eclipse  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2019 2:08 am

I dunno, guys. I kinda stand by my above post. Bleed & Scream was great, they changed drummers, the sound becomes overly commercial and by-the-numbers. This latest single is no exemption.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Very cool new single from Eclipse    Very cool new single from Eclipse  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2019 10:26 am

I like a lot of "commercial" music so I'm good.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Very cool new single from Eclipse    Very cool new single from Eclipse  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2019 6:52 pm

Not sure what you mean by commercial, this isn't a popular style these days.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Very cool new single from Eclipse    Very cool new single from Eclipse  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2019 12:20 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Not sure what you mean by commercial, this isn't a popular style these days.

Not so much in a contemporary way, just in general. Sort of like how I would describe Bon Jovi, especially in their later years. In this case Eclipse's later albums are sounding more slick, polished, generic, formulaic, bland, etc. In fact, if arena rock was still a thing, we'd call the latest album "radio-ready."

I'm kind of stunned no one else notices the difference between albums. It's a pretty stark contrast. Compare "Ain't Dead Yet," a throat-puncher, to "Never Look Back," which sounds like a boy band went metal with all the woah-woahs and such. I dunno. Lots of lost power there. And I really do wonder if it's due to losing their drummer. His work on B&S deserves certain accolades.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Very cool new single from Eclipse    Very cool new single from Eclipse  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2019 2:02 pm

I get ya'. When it comes to Eclipse I rarely sit through a whole album at a time and when I do it's B&S so maybe I subliminally agree with you.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Very cool new single from Eclipse    Very cool new single from Eclipse  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2019 4:53 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I get ya'. When it comes to Eclipse I rarely sit through a whole album at a time and when I do it's B&S so maybe I subliminally agree with you.

Yeah B&S I can digest smoothly in its entirety. I nodded off with Armageddonize.

The album before B&S is pretty good too. I believe they have a couple of even earlier releases but I haven't heard them.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Very cool new single from Eclipse    Very cool new single from Eclipse  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2022 6:41 am

I recently picked up Wired.

Oh, man, is this good. I keep saying that to myself after each song. Might be their best yet.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Very cool new single from Eclipse    Very cool new single from Eclipse  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2022 12:13 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I recently picked up Wired.

Oh, man, is this good. I keep saying that to myself after each song. Might be their best yet.

They just get better and better.

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Very cool new single from Eclipse    Very cool new single from Eclipse  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Very cool new single from Eclipse
Page 1 of 1