Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Journey - Eclipse

Go down 
+21
Wargod
SAHB Healer
nevermore
krokus
SpectreFate
A Handful of Wayne
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
Metal Misfit
Fat Freddy
James B.
DeathCult
Shawn Of Fire
manny
exact33
chewie
thejokeriv
speed101
Troublezone
Eyesore
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Journey - Eclipse - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:03 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
How long ago was the Stones' "Steel Wheels" tour? It was quite a ways back but even then I remember seeing parody t-shirts calling it the "Steel Wheelchairs" tour. Very Happy

1989, saw that tour and the band is still going!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:08 am

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
How long ago was the Stones' "Steel Wheels" tour? It was quite a ways back but even then I remember seeing parody t-shirts calling it the "Steel Wheelchairs" tour. Very Happy

Geez, was it really that long ago? I remember my bro and I briefly talked about going to see that show at Giants Stadium (I think), cuz we figured at that time it might be the last chance we'd get to see the Stones. Who knew?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:25 am

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Same here. That was the first time I saw the Stones live (seen them twice since).

And to get back on target, wasn't there some issue with the new guy not that long ago where he was saying that he was homesick or something? I seem to remember hearing someing in the press where he was tired of touring and wanted to go back home to the Phillipines. I guess his agent slapped some sense into him.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:37 am

He was homesick after the first long tour...he went home for several months...everything is cool now.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 6:07 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
manny wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
manny wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I would not have lasted 2 weeks on a Journey tour! Ha!!

I so wish they would have taken a few months off after Soto helped them finish the tour and given Augeri time to get back on his game (which he now has)...I always hoped they'd find commercial success again with Augeri, but alas aside from touring they did not. It would have been awesome if Arrival had got the Platinum stamp that Revelation did...

And I agree...if Arnel can't cut it in the long run they'll cut him. But by that time Cain & Valory will be well over 60 and probably ready to stop anyway. I have heard rumors that this is Cain's last go-round...he's going to retire from the road and push his oldest daughter's Nashville career...but that's just a rumor.

If the Rolling Stones who are planning a tour for next year when both Jagger and Richards will be 69, and Charlie Watts will be 71, then I am sure Journey can continue for a bit longer, I am sure their lifestyle was and is healthier then Jagger and Richards!

I hate the Rolling Stones now...for no other reason than they have set a precedent that rock bands can keep touring into their 70s...damn them.

lol!

I remember I saw them in 1989, Jagger at that point was a young lad of 47-48, and thinking I am glad to be seeing this, since they will be calling it a day anyday now and here they are still going!

They're the "go to" example for older rock bands now..."if the Stones can still do it...". I hate when bands say that...

Just like Lemmy is for metal.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 7:50 pm

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

and getting better! The Stones headbanger

exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 5:50 pm

cover and clips for those who havent heard:

http://www.melodicrock.com/

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 1:23 am

Sounds great!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 9:13 am

went to wally world to get this and the packaging sucks!! It makes the eco fiendly packaging look great. Ill find this in a jewelcase version someplace else...

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 1:29 pm

exact33 wrote:
went to wally world to get this and the packaging sucks!! It makes the eco fiendly packaging look great. Ill find this in a jewelcase version someplace else...
Was it cheap, at least? I went to get it yesterday, but I forgot it was Sunday and everything closes early.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 2:25 pm

exact33 wrote:

I took a look at it today, I will grab it eventually but the packaging sucks and no extra goodies like their last release, IMO I think this will hurt sales of their newest CD without all the bells and whistles.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 2:59 pm

Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Was it cheap, at least? I went to get it yesterday, but I forgot it was Sunday and everything closes early.

Yep - 10 bucks!!!! My feeling when I picked it up was "this is it?" on the packaging
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 11:19 pm

What else would you guys like to see from the packaging? The lyrics are there so as far as the booklet goes, I'm happy. I've never liked these sleeves though. The new Sixx AM is the same way. Doesn't lay flat either. It's kind of annoying. Razz

Journey - Eclipse - Page 3 20zeccm

BTW, I think the MelodicRock.com review REALLY oversells this album. I'm not some Journey fanboy that automatically hates anything they've done since Perry -- the album is good but when he's talking about a darker sound and it being a "guitar album", I don't really see it as such. Yes, the guitar is more prominent but it's not like it's any heavier or more guitar-centric than most modern AOR bands. It's good, probably better than Revelation, but I wouldn't even say it's great. Maybe a few more spins will change my mind.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 11:33 pm

MelodicRock.com is a great site, but their reviews are generally terrible. And why the hell doesn't that site have paragraph breaks? Everything that is posted has no breaks and looks like crap.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 12:35 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Yep - 10 bucks!!!! My feeling when I picked it up was "this is it?" on the packaging

I think this version is the 'unspecial edition'

If this is what cds will look like in the future - I want no part of them..

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 1:25 pm

exact33 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:

I think this version is the 'unspecial edition'

If this is what cds will look like in the future - I want no part of them..

No joke!!!!! Might as well just buy lossless downloads!!!!!! Part of the thing about collecting CD's is the packaging! I could see the coke-sniffing record execs sitting around a table and saying "Hey, let's make it so everyone only will buy music via the internet for download. We can get rid of our manufacturing plants, lay off tons of employees, keep the prices the same and increase out profits and bonus checks!!!!"
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 10:07 pm

I don't think the packaging is that bad really. I would rather a jewel case but whatever. They could have made the price cheaper though because I saw the new Eddie Vedder cd that had a really nice hardcase book type thing and it was only $11.

I don't mind digis. I just hate that sometimes they can get beat up real easy. The Savatage remasters are all digis but I have been putting them in plastic sleeves. One thing I do like about them is they have more give to them as apposed to jewel cases.

Would anyone want to trade their journey digipacks for jewel case ones? I have a few of the remasters in jewel cases and some as digis. for space reasons I think I would like to just have all digis. If anyones interested in doing so let me know and I'll let you know which ones I have.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 10:57 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I don't think the packaging is that bad really. I would rather a jewel case but whatever. They could have made the price cheaper though because I saw the new Eddie Vedder cd that had a really nice hardcase book type thing and it was only $11.

I don't mind digis. I just hate that sometimes they can get beat up real easy. The Savatage remasters are all digis but I have been putting them in plastic sleeves. One thing I do like about them is they have more give to them as apposed to jewel cases.

Would anyone want to trade their journey digipacks for jewel case ones? I have a few of the remasters in jewel cases and some as digis. for space reasons I think I would like to just have all digis. If anyones interested in doing so let me know and I'll let you know which ones I have.

let me look - i think i have some remaster digis.

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 11:03 pm

exact33 wrote:

Something told me I knew you would Laughing

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 11:04 pm

exact33 wrote:

Something told me I knew you would Laughing

you are most perceptive sir!

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 11:07 pm

I sent you a PM I'm off to bed so I'll check back tomorrow

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 11:40 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MelodicRock.com is a great site, but their reviews are generally terrible. And why the hell doesn't that site have paragraph breaks? Everything that is posted has no breaks and looks like crap.

Is it just one guy doing all the reviews? I'm mystified at some of the ratings on that site. Granted, it's all subject to opinion and I'm not huge fan of AOR.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 12:21 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Is it just one guy doing all the reviews? I'm mystified at some of the ratings on that site. Granted, it's all subject to opinion and I'm not huge fan of AOR.
Not sure if it's one person or not. I'd like to punch the owner of the site, though.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 11:12 am

One guy owns the site, manages the content, moderates the message boards, and does all the reviews...Andrew McNeice.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 11:24 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
One guy owns the site, manages the content, moderates the message boards, and does all the reviews...Andrew McNeice.

He is one of my FB friends very nice guy he's had a few health set backs the last month or so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Journey - Eclipse
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next