Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Journey - Eclipse

Go down 
+21
Wargod
SAHB Healer
nevermore
krokus
SpectreFate
A Handful of Wayne
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
Metal Misfit
Fat Freddy
James B.
DeathCult
Shawn Of Fire
manny
exact33
chewie
thejokeriv
speed101
Troublezone
Eyesore
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Journey - Eclipse - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 1:44 pm

This thread made me go back and spin 'Revelation' an excellent album in its own right.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 2:27 pm

manny wrote:
This thread made me go back and spin 'Revelation' an excellent album in its own right.

it really is. I think the band had a renewed sense of energy on Revelation.

krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 3:25 pm

exact33 wrote:
krokus wrote:
Good price you payed EYESORE, i payed 14.95 euros for it (21 $). Thats the normal price we pay in Spain and Europe many times for a new release. Why???? I have the FRONTIERS release, done in Italy but also digipack.

well if the frontiers is a digi i guess i will go ahead and get the wally world version...

Yes, its a digibook type of packing, not very good made really.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 5:45 pm

krokus wrote:
exact33 wrote:
krokus wrote:
Good price you payed EYESORE, i payed 14.95 euros for it (21 $). Thats the normal price we pay in Spain and Europe many times for a new release. Why???? I have the FRONTIERS release, done in Italy but also digipack.

well if the frontiers is a digi i guess i will go ahead and get the wally world version...

Yes, its a digibook type of packing, not very good made really.

that seals the deal then for me.. I hate lousy packaging...

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 6:14 pm

I've noticed too that Arnel sounds like he's found more of his "real" voice on this album.

As for Augeri, I liked him a lot. He definitely got screwed over. Arrival was decent, never got around to Generations. Wiki says that in 2010 he was working on a solo album, I'd love to hear it whenever it comes out.

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
manny wrote:
BTW Shawn and ToB who is this tribute singer you guys keep mentioning?

Jeremy Hunsicker...he sings for a tribute band called Frontiers...they tour all over the country.

Funny, they're doing a run of shows this week at a beach club in town. Makes me wish I went to see them if he was up for the running as lead singer.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 6:17 pm

"Resonate" has got to be one of the best songs these guys have ever done. Stands up to the classics if you ask me. Outstanding song, and a damn good album overall.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 5:07 pm

Sounds pretty good so far...... That packaging IS lame, though. Basically, a wrap around piece of cardboard????? I guess that they were going for the gatefold LP look?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 5:58 pm

chewie wrote:
Sounds pretty good so far...... That packaging IS lame, though. Basically, a wrap around piece of cardboard????? I guess that they were going for the gatefold LP look?
It's nothing new. Sucks no more or less than most digipacks.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 6:06 pm

Eyesore wrote:
chewie wrote:
It's nothing new. Sucks no more or less than most digipacks.

At least with those your disc wouldn't get scratched up. There's a tray to hold it.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 1:11 pm

I'll pick this up soon. Been meaning to but haven't got around to it yet.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 2:09 am

Whoa...I listened to Eclipse and Revelation both for the first time back to back. Revelation, it's ok I guess, meh, I'm not really a Journey fan. But Eclipse, I'll say as a fan of melodic euro hard rock. Damn, that's a good album! I won't go so far as to call it melodic metal (although at my age I might be able to get away with it maybe?) but I will say it's kinda brooding, introspective, and euro sounding compared to what I expected, a bit of a 'Kashmir' vibe to it. My inner Magnum fan is very impressed!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 10:33 pm

Debuted at #13 on Billboard. 21K copies.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 10:36 pm

I have been through the new one a couple times now and I dont see all the hoopla - Revelation is better.

Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 11:53 am

Eyesore wrote:
"Resonate" has got to be one of the best songs these guys have ever done. Stands up to the classics if you ask me. Outstanding song, and a damn good album overall.

Here here someone else agrees.

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 8:03 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Here here someone else agrees.

Wargod52

resonate is a good song.

Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 9:44 pm

I was gonna check out the youtube videos on page 1, but they were taken down.

Not a huge Journey fan, just wanted to hear what I was missing.

I'll check them out on youtube sometime.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 9:22 am

Bizzare story of the day:

TMZ reports that infamous White House party crasher, Michaele Salahi, who was reported as being kidnapped, has actually run off with Journey guitarist Neal Schon.

Tareq Salahi, Michaele's husband, reportedly called the authorities several times last night and today (September 14th), claiming his wife had been abducted, because she left without taking her belongings. However, Michaele, who has allegedly been dating the rock icon, was at Schon's show last night in Nashville. She is currently with him in Memphis, where Journey is scheduled to perform with Foreigner.

Scoop Marketing, who represent the band, confirmed to TMZ that "Nobody kidnapped her and they are in Memphis together."

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 6:28 pm

manny wrote:
Bizzare story of the day:

TMZ reports that infamous White House party crasher, Michaele Salahi, who was reported as being kidnapped, has actually run off with Journey guitarist Neal Schon.

Tareq Salahi, Michaele's husband, reportedly called the authorities several times last night and today (September 14th), claiming his wife had been abducted, because she left without taking her belongings. However, Michaele, who has allegedly been dating the rock icon, was at Schon's show last night in Nashville. She is currently with him in Memphis, where Journey is scheduled to perform with Foreigner.

Scoop Marketing, who represent the band, confirmed to TMZ that "Nobody kidnapped her and they are in Memphis together."

LOL!! Free publicity!

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 6:34 pm

Just saw that story on the news. Cracks me up.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 6:36 pm

Isnt it a crime to fake an abduction?

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 6:44 pm

Her husband just reported that he "suspected" an abduction.

I find this whole scenario hilarious especially because it's Journey. Yeah, they're sure known for chasing tail...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 10:37 am

Sheer primal animal magnetism...

Journey - Eclipse - Page 6 Neal%20Schon

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 7:14 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Sheer primal animal magnetism...

Journey - Eclipse - Page 6 Neal%20Schon

that hair is illegal in 25 states...

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 10:56 pm

I saw that guy on TMZ yesterday. He seemed really distraught. If he faked that, he's a tremendous actor. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 1:46 am

Is Neal Schon a total douche? The way he's acted during this affair with a married woman has made him seem like one, but then he goes and does this:

Is there any doubt now? That's cold, man. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Journey - Eclipse
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next