Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Journey - Eclipse

Go down 
+21
Wargod
SAHB Healer
nevermore
krokus
SpectreFate
A Handful of Wayne
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
Metal Misfit
Fat Freddy
James B.
DeathCult
Shawn Of Fire
manny
exact33
chewie
thejokeriv
speed101
Troublezone
Eyesore
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Journey - Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 3:26 am

So they have a new album coming out in May. Supposedly a "very guitar-driven...heavier rock album." They played five new songs live recently, and whether or not they're "heavier," they sound excellent. Very catchy, classic hooks.

After the last one, which I still listen to, I'm really looking forward to this one. "Resonate" sounds fantastic.

Anyone else looking forward to it?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Journey - Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 4:45 am

Does the new singer contribute to the songwriting? I never got the last album but i might get this new one.
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

Journey - Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 9:43 am

Ive wondered what their recent releases sound like.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Journey - Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 10:00 am

Troublezone wrote:
Does the new singer contribute to the songwriting? I never got the last album but i might get this new one.

I read Neil and Jonathan write most of the music with "input" from the Arnel, which I guess means he comes up with some of the melodys for the lyrics and maybe a lyric or two
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Journey - Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 12:05 pm

The clips sound pretty good.
Back to top Go down

Journey - Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 12:59 pm

I liked Generations and the last one. They've had great singers that carry that Journey vocal sound.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Journey - Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 1:22 pm

I like the new clips. I will be getting this one - Revelation was good.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Journey - Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 2:06 pm

I will grabbing it also and those new songs sound great
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Journey - Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 2:24 pm

manny wrote:
I will grabbing it also and those new songs sound great

X2
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Journey - Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 4:16 pm

I'm still having a hard time...just not warming up to Arnel like so many others are...

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Journey - Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 4:40 pm

Honestly, I've tried to get into Journey several times, outside of a couple tracks from Frontiers and Escape nothings ever really struck me. I've tried all different eras of the band, suppose I'm just missing something?
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Journey - Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 4:56 pm

Frontiers and Escape are the absolute bible for what Melodic Rock should be, IMO.

Steve Perry will forever be THE voice of the genre...

I enjoyed the Steve Augeri era of the band and feel like he got a raw deal...

I think Arnel has a good voice...I just can't catch the vibe like I do w/ Perry & Augeri...

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Journey - Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 5:07 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Frontiers and Escape are the absolute bible for what Melodic Rock should be, IMO.

Steve Perry will forever be THE voice of the genre...

I enjoyed the Steve Augeri era of the band and feel like he got a raw deal...

I think Arnel has a good voice...I just can't catch the vibe like I do w/ Perry & Augeri...

I've seen them live twice, once with Perry when I was a kid, which was great, and again with Soto. Soto nailed the tracks too, I thoroughly enjoyed that show.

I've owned other pieces of their catalogue at points too, and there are other tracks I like scatterted around, but those are the only two I felt the need to keep. I agree on the bible statement. Frankly, I don't really like AOR for the most part, but those two records flat out slay.

Also, I only may be the only person that ever had this thought, but I think In The Eyes Of A Woman would make a killer theme for a James Bond movie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

Journey - Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 6:54 pm

All I gotta say is "walks like a lady" and "dixie highway"

My two favorite Journey tunes... wish them well.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Journey - Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 8:17 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I'm still having a hard time...just not warming up to Arnel like so many others are...

I still feel that way too... it's that "karaoke factor" i guess. But i'm liking Neil's return to the more guitar oriented harder rock on the new songs.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

Journey - Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 8:43 pm

Journey had always been one of my guilty pleasures (even seeing them live ovce) but never really gave them a second thought after Steve Perry had left (besides the odd song here and there). I gotta say though I am liking those clips and maybe I should be looking into getting some of their newer stuff.

Last edited by 007 on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

Journey - Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 8:46 pm

Blabbermouth sez that Journey will be going the Wal-Mart Exclusive route again in the U.S. for this new CD, just like last time out. I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Journey - Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 11:36 pm

Sounds good. Revelation was a good album but I'm not a big AOR fan so I didn't spin it very much. This sounds like it might get more plays from me.
Back to top Go down

Journey - Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 12:05 pm

How does Wal Mart do that? They carry like 10 albums total anymore but they keep getting these exclusives. I kind of hate it.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Journey - Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 8:13 am

TheNazgul wrote:
How does Wal Mart do that? They carry like 10 albums total anymore but they keep getting these exclusives. I kind of hate it.

the power of distribution. I would imagine if not for walmart, it would be a Frontiers release which really cuts down on the distribution.

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Journey - Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 9:46 am

exact33 wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

the power of distribution. I would imagine if not for walmart, it would be a Frontiers release which really cuts down on the distribution.

It'll be Frontiers in Europe. Walmart yielded them a platinum album, so it makes sense for them to keep that up in the US. The store-exclusive marketing is a great idea for established bands.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Journey - Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 10:42 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
exact33 wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

It'll be Frontiers in Europe. Walmart yielded them a platinum album, so it makes sense for them to keep that up in the US. The store-exclusive marketing is a great idea for established bands.

Walmart helped but it was the Oprah appearance that put "Generations" over the million mark (IMHO)

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Journey - Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 10:52 am

James B. wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
exact33 wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

Walmart helped but it was the Oprah appearance that put "Generations" over the million mark (IMHO)

Revelation...Generations tanked.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Journey - Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 11:17 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
James B. wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
exact33 wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

Revelation...Generations tanked.

Laughing very hard

Thanks Bro, guess that is what I get for hitchhiking a conversation.

The King
exact33

Journey - Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 12:54 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
exact33 wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

I guess what I meant was if it wasnt walmart in the US, it would be an import from Frontiers which would not have the distribution like Walmart does.

The store exclusive is a great idea plus it keeps the cost of the cd down.

Sponsored content

Journey - Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey - Eclipse   Journey - Eclipse Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Journey - Eclipse
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next