Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TV series that I forgot about

Go down 
+17
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
jstate
Orion Crystal Ice
Thrasher73
Shiney
thejokeriv
mc666
Leatherface
Sutekh
Fat Freddy
exact33
manny
Joe
Schbopo
chewie
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

TV series that I forgot about - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 3:13 pm

I loved the Flash TV show but it only lasted one season.

TV series that I forgot about - Page 3 Image

Does anyone remember 'Buck Rodgers' I never liked the show but I had the impression that show was on for years and it turned out it was only on one season.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 3:19 pm

That's because everybody always says 'Does anybody remember Buck Rogers?' .TV series that I forgot about - Page 3 Lol
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 3:20 pm

manny wrote:

Does anyone remember 'Buck Rodgers' I never liked the show but I had the impression that show was on for years and it turned out it was only on one season.

I loved, loved LOVED Buck Rogers!! I was about 10 or 11 when that was on and since I was totally sci-fi crazed at the time I thought it was the coolest thing since sliced bread. Although I saw it a again couple of years ago on Sci-Fi Channel and it had aged HORRIBLY.

You can't argue with Erin Gray as Col. Wilma Deering though.

TV series that I forgot about - Page 3 46749535

Humma-humma-humma!

My Dad hated science fiction but he used to watch "Buck" with my brother and I strictly because of her.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 3:26 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:

I loved, loved LOVED Buck Rogers!! I was about 10 or 11 when that was on and since I was totally sci-fi crazed at the time I thought it was the coolest thing since sliced bread. Although I saw it a again couple of years ago on Sci-Fi Channel and it had aged HORRIBLY.

You can't argue with Erin Gray as Col. Wilma Deering though.

TV series that I forgot about - Page 3 46749535

Humma-humma-humma!

My Dad hated science fiction but he used to watch "Buck" with my brother and I strictly because of her.

I dug that show and erin gray YOWZA!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 3:28 pm

chewie wrote:

To this day, I have a weakness for women in purple spandex due to Erin Gray. Laughing

By the way, Manny -- Wiki sez "Buck" actually ran for two seasons, between 1979-1981. The two hour pilot film for the series was also released theatrically outside of the US.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 3:34 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
chewie wrote:

To this day, I have a weakness for women in purple spandex due to Erin Gray. TV series that I forgot about - Page 3 Icon_lol

By the way, Manny -- Wiki sez "Buck" actually ran for two seasons, between 1979-1981. The two hour pilot film for the series was also released theatrically outside of the US.

I saw they released the boxset of the series and I was surprised when the box read 'The Complete Series' I thought that would be only one season, two is not bad but I had the impression that show was on for years.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 3:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
chewie wrote:

To this day, I have a weakness for women in purple spandex due to Erin Gray. Laughing

Yeah man!!!! Here's an Erin Gray connection TV show - she ended up on Silver Spoons, which also starred Ricky Scrotum and also starred Jason Bateman in the early years. Jason went on to start in the short lived TV show "It's Your Move" - here is part 1 of the classic episode "The Dreges Of Humanity"

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 3:43 pm

Speaking of super hero shows that lasted 5 seconds, Spider-Man from the 1970's, used to love at as a kid since I was a huge Spider-Man geek, but looking back this show was a turd that only 7 year old could appreciate it.

TV series that I forgot about - Page 3 The_amazing_spider-man-show
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 3:46 pm

Hahaha, that Spider-Man show was awesomely terrible. I wonder if it's out on DVD? I'd pick it up for my kids, they'd probably get a kick out of it too.

I remember "It's Your Move" too. Damn, if nothing else this thread is proving that I spent way too much friggin' time in front of the TV as a kid. Laughing

Here's another "2 for 1" promo -- anyone remember "Enos?" He was a deputy on "Dukes of Hazzard" who for some reason got spun off into his own show. I think he transferred to Atlanta and became a big city cop.

The "Circus of the Stars" specials were always a hoot. You'd see all the cast members of your favorite sitcoms taming lions, walking on high wires, etc. Of course, if someone was on from a show you didn't like, you'd root for them to fall into the tank of alligators or tumble from their trapeze. Haha.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 3:48 pm

'Enos' oh God I forgot that show, here is another spin off show that could kiss my grits:

TV series that I forgot about - Page 3 Flo
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 3:50 pm

Similar to "Circus of the Stars" was the series of "Battle of the Network Stars" specials, where actors from various TV shows would compete against each other in a bunch of different athletic competitions. This show was usually good for catching a favorite TV hottie (Catherine Bach, Cheryl Ladd, etc.) in a swimsuit. Laughing

These specials ran for years in the 70s and 80s but I wonder if it would fly now. I bet today's "stars" are too spoiled to subject themselves to this kind of silliness.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 3:53 pm

"Hello Larry" was supposed to be McLean Stevenson's big star turn after he left "M*A*S*H*" but it turned out to be one of the Great TV Failures. I was 9 or 10 when this premiered (Larry and his family first appeared in an episode of "Diff'rent Strokes" before they spun off into their own show -- Larry was supposedly one of Mr. Drummond's old Army buddies), and yes, I watched it, mainly because I had a crush on Kim Richards (of the "Witch Mountain" movies), who was about the same age as me and played Larry's daughter. Must've been something about those pig tails. TV series that I forgot about - Page 3 Icon_lol

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 3:56 pm

Freddy, the only thing this thread tells me is my parents should have handed me a book, I must have watched alot more TV then I thought I did.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 3:58 pm

manny wrote:
Freddy, the only thing this thread tells me is my parents should have handed me a book, I must have watched alot more TV then I thought I did.

Ditto! Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:

X3!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:11 pm

Another thing I've learned is that my parents must've had terrible taste in TV. I didn't have my own set in my bedroom till I was 13 or 14, so for much of my early life (i.e. when most of the shows I've posted about in this thread originally aired) I watched whatever they watched, unless something came on that I really REALLY REALLY wanted to see and had to beg them to please skip, say, "Alice" or "Mama's Family" that night so I could watch my show... Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:14 pm

I loved Buck Rogers as well. I remember the little robot thing making some ridiculous noise, and even as a kid I knew Erin Gray was hot. She introduced me to hot.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:16 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I loved Buck Rogers as well. I remember the little robot thing making some ridiculous noise

TWIKI! (Voiced by Mel "Looney Tunes" Blanc, by the way)

"Buh-dee-buh-dee-buh-dee-buh-dee-buh-deep... hey, Buck!"

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:21 pm

If you pause that 'Battle of the Network Stars' clip at the :20 sec mark, you can see Catherine Bach's aerolas thru her wet bathing suit. Just sayin'.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:21 pm

How about this one?

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:

X3!!!!

X4!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:23 pm

Shiney wrote:

Damn, yes, I do remember that!! 1981?? Geez, that was probably the last gasp of the Western on TV.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:31 pm

Even as a kid I knew this show sucked 'The New Odd Couple' starring Barney Miller cop and the son from Sanford and Son.

TV series that I forgot about - Page 3 Newcouple3
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:34 pm

manny wrote:
Even as a kid I knew this show sucked 'The New Odd Couple' starring Barney Miller cop and the son from Sanford and Son.

TV series that I forgot about - Page 3 Newcouple3

TV series that I forgot about - Page 3 201269 Now there's one I never saw!!

I haven't been able to find a YouTube clip but I wonder if anyone remembers an early 80s sitcom called "We Got It Made" (or perhaps "Maid")... it was basically a "Three's Company" wanna be with a gender reversal. Two dudes put an ad in the paper for a maid to clean their apartment and end up hiring this totally hot blonde chick who of course eventually moves in with them, causing endless romantic misunderstandings. The maid was played by a mega-babe named Teri Copley, who was well on her way to becoming one of the major pin-up gals of the 80s. She was the "it girl" for about five minutes and posed for Playboy magazine but then the show got cancelled, she became a born-again Christian and dropped out of Hollywood. At the time I thought "Damn, what a waste" because she was fiiiiiiiiiine!!!

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I haven't been able to find a YouTube clip but I wonder if anyone remembers an early 80s sitcom called "We Got It Made" (or perhaps "Maid")... it was basically a "Three's Company" wanna be with a gender reversal. Two dudes put an ad in the paper for a maid to clean their apartment and end up hiring this totally hot blonde chick who of course eventually moves in with them, causing endless romantic misunderstandings. The maid was played by a mega-babe named Teri Copley, who was well on her way to becoming one of the major pin-up gals of the 80s. She even posed for Playboy magazine but then the show got cancelled, she became a born-again Christian and dropped out of Hollywood. At the time I thought "Damn, what a waste" because she was fiiiiiiiiiine!!!

Don't remember that one...... Speaking of Three's Company, do you remember the short lived "spin off", Three's A Crowd? The had fired Janet and whoever the other roommate was, had Jack move in with a girl and her father tried to ruin the relationship?

Here's another one - anyone remember Matt Houston?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TV series that I forgot about
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next