Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TV series that I forgot about

Go down 
+17
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
jstate
Orion Crystal Ice
Thrasher73
Shiney
thejokeriv
mc666
Leatherface
Sutekh
Fat Freddy
exact33
manny
Joe
Schbopo
chewie
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

TV series that I forgot about - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 1:47 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
chewie wrote:
December..... Tron Legacy and Yamato come out that month....TV series that I forgot about - Page 6 911681 !!!!!!! I wonder how long we'll have to wait for Yamato to hit the legal dvd market.

What's next????? A Robotech live-action movie..... one could only hope. It'll probably be the original Japanese version, Macross anyway.... TV series that I forgot about - Page 6 213740

Ummm.... yeah - they are developing one. No idea if it will ever go into production, but that kid that played Spiderman bought the rights and is working on it

Stop teasing me!!!!!! TV series that I forgot about - Page 6 Lol
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 1:56 pm

exact33 wrote:
Ok - now i am scared. I remember all of those!!

Wow!!! I didn't think that you were THAT OLD! TV series that I forgot about - Page 6 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 3:10 pm

chewie wrote:
TV series that I forgot about - Page 6 Land-of-the-lost
The original Land Of The Lost

This was one of my favorites as a kid! Reruns came on TV a couple of years ago and my boys and I watched a few episodes. They enjoyed laughing at the cheesy effects. I tried to defend it for a few minutes then realized, yeah, they were pretty bad! lol

I'm glad someone mentioned Airwolf, too. That was a better version of the helicopter hero than the short-lived Blue Thunder series.

Can't believe no one has mentioned "Thundarr the Barbarian!" TV series that I forgot about - Page 6 778825
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 3:16 pm

chewie wrote:
More kid shows:

TV series that I forgot about - Page 6 Eletra

I was gonna post Electra Woman and Dyna Girl but you beat me to it!! I used to love the "Krofft Supershow" on Saturday mornings. In addition to EW & DG and Wonderbug, you also had "Magic Mongo" the beach going genie, "Sigmund the Sea Monster," and "Bigfoot & Wild Boy" segments...

and of course the whole shebang was hosted by the created-for-TV rock band, "Kaptain Kool and The Kongs!!!" TV series that I forgot about - Page 6 11840

As for the Markie Post version of "Electra Woman" -- that was a pilot shot for the WB network about ten years ago, but despite considerable "buzz" the network never picked up the show so the pilot never aired. Supposedly it featured a bit more, shall we say, "adult" humor than the 70s version.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 3:48 pm

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 5:01 pm

tohostudios wrote:

thanks for the memories! I loved this show!!!

Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 7:28 pm

Ultraman was the shite!! Sorry for leaving you guys hanging yesterday about Yamato. I can't wait until that gets released. Here's another kids show for you. No news is good gnews, without Gary Gnu. What about speed reader?

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 8:13 pm

exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

thanks for the memories! I loved this show!!!

I have the two seasons that were released in the US on DVD as well as 3 volumes of the subsequent series that were never released here. Ultraman actually went through various incarnations for decades; hell, for all I know there are still Ultraman episodes being produced.

Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 10:29 pm

I think I actually dressed up as Ultraman one Halloween.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 10:51 pm

Here's one I saw today on Boomerang (i.e. "the channel where Hanna-Barbera cartoons go to die") that actually stumped me. I'm usually at least somewhat familiar with most of the stuff on that channel (my kids watch it a lot cuz Scooby Doo is on approximately 17 hours a day) but I can honestly say I've never seen this before. Anyone recall a 'toon about a genie named "Shazzan?" (not to be confused with the super hero "Shazam," note the extra "z" and the "n" at the end) ... it was some nonsense about twin kids who are trapped in ancient Arabia, and can't go home again till they return the two halves of their magic ring (they each wear one half) to its proper owner. When they get into trouble, they put the two halves of the ring together to summon "Shazzan" the genie to help them out.

Either way, it was freakin godawful. After only a few minutes my son was asking me to switch back to Nickelodeon to see if Spongebob was on. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 10:53 pm

yeah, I've seen that. Not one of the greatest cartoons out there.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 2:51 pm

BTW, this thread made me dig out my Ultraman DVDs. I'm watching them in Japanese this time. The theme music is the same but the English translation of the lyrics is much different and the song is sung by little kids.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:44 pm

Ultra Man was awesome. I used to rush home from school every day to catch it and Speed Racer.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 7:19 pm

007 wrote:
Ultra Man was awesome. I used to rush home from school every day to catch it and Speed Racer.

Same here.

Then after supper, it was time for the original Star Trek. Only ever caught those in syndication.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 4:47 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
How'bout THIS one?

"Manimal" starred Simon MacCorkindale (aka "The British a-hole from Jaws 3") as a guy who fought crime with his amazing powers of animal transformation. God help me, I used to watch this show religiously.

Just read over at the IMDb that Simon "Manimal" MacCorkindale passed away yesterday at the age of 58. Hadn't seen him in anything in a long time, but he'd apparently remained active in British television and films after his brief '80s Hollywood heyday. R.I.P.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 4:57 pm

tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:

Same here.

Then after supper, it was time for the original Star Trek. Only ever caught those in syndication.

That is funny I used to do the same thing I would watch Ultraman re-reruns on our local station then after dinner it was time for Star Trek
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 8:45 pm

I wasn't much of a "Trekky" (sp?), but I loved Ultraman. I think it was one of the first video games I got for my Super Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:57 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Here's one I saw today on Boomerang (i.e. "the channel where Hanna-Barbera cartoons go to die") that actually stumped me. I'm usually at least somewhat familiar with most of the stuff on that channel (my kids watch it a lot cuz Scooby Doo is on approximately 17 hours a day) but I can honestly say I've never seen this before. Anyone recall a 'toon about a genie named "Shazzan?" (not to be confused with the super hero "Shazam," note the extra "z" and the "n" at the end) ... it was some nonsense about twin kids who are trapped in ancient Arabia, and can't go home again till they return the two halves of their magic ring (they each wear one half) to its proper owner. When they get into trouble, they put the two halves of the ring together to summon "Shazzan" the genie to help them out.

Either way, it was freakin godawful. After only a few minutes my son was asking me to switch back to Nickelodeon to see if Spongebob was on. Laughing very hard

Shazzan! I'd forgotten about this, but it was repeated quite a bit on Saturday monring cartoon TV in Australia (in the days where cartoons were only shown on Saturday mornings, and didn't have entire channels devoted to them!). I remember a camel -Kaboobie? -which helped them out in the cartoon too. on reflection, not the best of ideas or shows!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 3:25 pm

I used to catch Shazzan in rotation on the show Hanna Barbera's Super Adventures. The show ran daily and would alternate different cartoons each day,including Shazzan,the Herculoids,Space Ghost,Mightor,Bird Man,Moby Dick (?),the Galaxy Trio,and I'm sure others I'm forgetting.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 3:58 pm

Wow! I'm surprised that others can recall "Shazzan." Here I thought I was pretty well versed in old cartoons but when that damn thing showed up on Boomerang, I was scratching my head like "What the hell...?"

It did occur to me while watching that the two kids' ability to summon "Shazzan" by touching the two halves of their rings together was similar to how the "Wonder Twins" activated their powers on the Super Friends when they touched hands. If memory serves, the same sound effect was used in both shows, which would be Hanna-Barbera in a nutshell. Make'em fast, make'em cheap, and recycle whenever you can. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 1:54 pm

7 Most Offensive* Adaptions of Classic Comics

http://www.cracked.com/article_18797_the-7-most-offensive-adaptations-classic-comic-books.html

The only one I vaugely remember is the Spider Man live action show. The rest are hilariously bad. "Ghetto Man"? The Superman Musical actually had some big name 70's stars (Loretta Switt, Leslie Ann Warren).

*offensive here means terrible, not offensive in a NSFW-kinda way

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 1:58 pm

I stumbled across a couple of clips from that "Superman Musical" on YouTube not long ago. Till then, I had never even heard of such a thing existing. It looked and sounded painful.

Back to top Go down
TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 11:42 pm

Wow, some shows really are better off forgotten.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 8:42 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I stumbled across a couple of clips from that "Superman Musical" on YouTube not long ago. Till then, I had never even heard of such a thing existing. It looked and sounded painful.

It is horrible and I saw clips of it on a Superman documentary
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TV series that I forgot about
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6