Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TV series that I forgot about

Go down 
+17
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
jstate
Orion Crystal Ice
Thrasher73
Shiney
thejokeriv
mc666
Leatherface
Sutekh
Fat Freddy
exact33
manny
Joe
Schbopo
chewie
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 2:52 pm

When I was a kid I was huge comic book nerd and used to love Shazam from the 70's, the show is lame now that I look back on it but I used to love it when I was 7 or 8 years old.

TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 Shazam-2-09
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 2:53 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Galactica 1980 was crap. I think I saw ever episode at one point or another. I remember the first three episode where combined together to make a made for TV movie that used air on Showtime back in the early 80's.

I bought a bargain-bin VHS tape years ago that had the final episode "Whatever Happened To Starbuck?" on it. I have always wondered why they bothered to put just that one episode on a tape. TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 Icon_scratch

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 2:54 pm

Manny - I remember that Shazam! show... somewhere along the way they combined it with the "Isis" show and it became the "Shazam!/Isis Power Hour"

I swear, the chick who played Isis looks like Catherine Zeta-Jones' kid sister.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 3:24 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Manny - I remember that Shazam! show... somewhere along the way they combined it with the "Isis" show and it became the "Shazam!/Isis Power Hour"

I swear, the chick who played Isis looks like Catherine Zeta-Jones' kid sister.

I dressed as Shazam one year for Halloween as a kid. Homemade costum and all.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 3:28 pm

'IsIS' I forgot about that show, the ISIS chick is hot!!! I used to watch that show and of course the great super hero show of the 70's that my father would volunteer to watch with me:

TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 Wonder%20Woman%20-%20Color%20-%20001
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 3:48 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Galactica 1980 was crap. I think I saw ever episode at one point or another. I remember the first three episode where combined together to make a made for TV movie that used air on Showtime back in the early 80's.

I bought a bargain-bin VHS tape years ago that had the final episode "Whatever Happened To Starbuck?" on it. I have always wondered why they bothered to put just that one episode on a tape. TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 Icon_scratch

Probably because it was the best show of the series. It's the only one I can remember from that abomination.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 3:51 pm

manny wrote:
'IsIS' I forgot about that show, the ISIS chick is hot!!! I used to watch that show and of course the great super hero show of the 70's that my father would volunteer to watch with me:

O yeah!!!!!! Lynda Carter!!!!!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 3:53 pm

Schoppy must reading this thread and thinking what a bunch of old geezers we are. TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 251456
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 4:21 pm

manny wrote:

Ohhhhhh yeah, Lynda baby. Tie me up with your Golden Lasso of Truth, I'll tell you anything you want.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 5:30 pm

Any one remember Run Joe Run which ran on Saturday mornings for a year or 2? It was about a german shepherd named Joe on the run from the authorities who want to put Joe to sleep for some crime he didn't commit.Sort of like a canine Fugitive.

Each week he'd come across some person or another who needed his help.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 8:25 pm

OK - since we are into shows we watched as kids - I give you Star Blazers:

Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 8:31 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Dude!!!! I used to rush home from school to watch this. My friends and I were totally into it. Great Show!!! I got my kids into it now.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 8:34 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Here's one that I would like to forget: GALACTICA 1980, the thankfully short lived spin off from the original '78 sci-fi series, in which the crew of the Galactica finally reaches Earth, followed of course by the Cylons. Hijinks ensued when the Galactica crew, trying to keep a low profile, mixed with Earthlings with predictably disastrous results.

There was so much wrong with this show that it wasn't even funny. The only characters that returned from the original series were Lorne Greene as Cmdr. Adama and Lieutenant Boomer (Herbert Jefferson), who has been promoted to Colonel. (Dirk Benedict did make one appearance as Starbuck in a flashback episode, which ended up being the final episode of the series). Captain Apollo is nowhere to be seen though his adopted son "Boxey" is now grown up and goes by the name "Troy," and he and his fellow Galacticans now have to protect Earth from the Cylons, who've followed them thru space (of course). There was also some kind of psychic kid named "Dr. Zee" whose purpose I don't remember (he was an advisor of some kind to Adama), but I do recall that I found him extremely annoying.

Thankfully I only have vague memories of this show; the only episode I recall clearly involved Troy and his fellow warriors visiting a Halloween party which was crashed by Cylons. The Cylon threat was thwarted when someone turned on a microwave oven which short circuited them. No, I'm not kidding.

The special effects (the ones that weren't recycled from the old show, anyway) were cheap, the stories were crap, and even though in retrospect the original "BSG" may not have exactly been great shakes, it looks 1000 times better than this crappy re-hash.

I loved the original "Galactica" as a kid and when "1980" came along I was excited at first... till I saw it. Afterwards I was mad enough to spit at what they'd done to my favorite show.

It was truly terrible. The flying motorcycles were just awful. If I was Lorne Greene I would have grown a beard to hide behind as well...

exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 8:35 pm

chewie wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Dude!!!! I used to rush home from school to watch this. My friends and I were totally into it. Great Show!!! I got my kids into it now.

i have star blazers on vcd Smile Remember Battle of the Planets?

Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 8:57 pm

exact33 wrote:
chewie wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Starblazers was awesome!!!! I loved that cartoon. BTW, did you guys know about this?

[
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:25 pm

Never heard of that show but I did love Planet of the Battles
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 10:03 pm

exact33 wrote:

Oh Yeah!!! Battle Of The Planets!

.....And Live action Yamato, YES!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 10:07 pm

chewie wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Never saw the live action yamoto!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 10:31 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
chewie wrote:
exact33 wrote:

That Trailer is cool, but, I don't think that it's out yet. If its on dvd, I GOTTA SEE IT!!!!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 11:03 pm

chewie wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
chewie wrote:
exact33 wrote:

That Trailer is cool, but, I don't think that it's out yet. If its on dvd, I GOTTA SEE IT!!!!

It hasn;t been released yet - had to look it up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Battleship_Yamato_(2010_film)
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 1:00 am

December..... Tron Legacy and Yamato come out that month....TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 911681 !!!!!!! I wonder how long we'll have to wait for Yamato to hit the legal dvd market.

What's next????? A Robotech live-action movie..... one could only hope. It'll probably be the original Japanese version, Macross anyway.... TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 213740
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 1:10 am

More kid shows:

TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 Eletra

Electra Woman and Dyna GirlTV series that I forgot about - Page 5 2001_00

I guess they redid it recently with Markie Post........ yummy!

TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 Wonderbug1
Wonderbug
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 1:14 am

TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 Land-of-the-lost
The original Land Of The Lost
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 8:11 am

Ok - now i am scared. I remember all of those!!

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 10:21 am

chewie wrote:
December..... Tron Legacy and Yamato come out that month....TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 911681 !!!!!!! I wonder how long we'll have to wait for Yamato to hit the legal dvd market.

What's next????? A Robotech live-action movie..... one could only hope. It'll probably be the original Japanese version, Macross anyway.... TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 213740

Ummm.... yeah - they are developing one. No idea if it will ever go into production, but that kid that played Spiderman bought the rights and is working on it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TV series that I forgot about
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next