Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forgot how awesome CONCEPTION was...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Forgot how awesome CONCEPTION was... Empty
PostSubject: Forgot how awesome CONCEPTION was...   Forgot how awesome CONCEPTION was... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 1:24 pm

Was listening to Beyond Ear Candy radio (all Prog/Power/Melodic Metal ALL THE TIME) and they played "Some Wounds" by CONCEPTION (featuring Tore from ARK and Kahn from KAMELOT)...MAN what an awesome band! I was a huge fan of those guys before ARK & KAMELOT were a blip on the radar....such good songs....

Any fans?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forgot how awesome CONCEPTION was...   Forgot how awesome CONCEPTION was... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 1:56 pm

I'm a huge fan of them, saw the video for Roll the Fire back in the day and was hooked straight away. I also like Roy's material with Kamelot.

Parallel Minds is my Favourite.

Last edited by on Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Forgot how awesome CONCEPTION was...   Forgot how awesome CONCEPTION was... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 1:59 pm

Pulled out all 4 albums from a box last night. Looking forward to giving them some spins in the near future.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Forgot how awesome CONCEPTION was...   Forgot how awesome CONCEPTION was... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 8:45 pm

Yup great band was thinking about them the other day!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forgot how awesome CONCEPTION was...   Forgot how awesome CONCEPTION was... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 7:54 am

Woot! CONCEPTION rules!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forgot how awesome CONCEPTION was...   Forgot how awesome CONCEPTION was... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 8:48 pm

Pulled out Flow tonight...amazing.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Forgot how awesome CONCEPTION was...   Forgot how awesome CONCEPTION was... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 8:57 pm

Parallel Minds is the only one I have heard...ultra-awesome band!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forgot how awesome CONCEPTION was...   Forgot how awesome CONCEPTION was... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 7:11 am

Stender wrote:
Parallel Minds is the only one I have heard...ultra-awesome band!

Great stuff...

I prefer Kahn in Conception as opposed to Kamelot...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Forgot how awesome CONCEPTION was...   Forgot how awesome CONCEPTION was... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 8:17 am

I have one Conception CD. Haven't listened to it in a while. Will have to pull it out again.

ult

PostSubject: Re: Forgot how awesome CONCEPTION was...   Forgot how awesome CONCEPTION was... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 8:45 am

ultmetal wrote:
I have one Conception CD. Haven't listened to it in a while. Will have to pull it out again.

ult

Do you know which one it is?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Forgot how awesome CONCEPTION was...   Forgot how awesome CONCEPTION was... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 8:57 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

ult

Do you know which one it is?

The Last Sunset

http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/conception.htm

PostSubject: Re: Forgot how awesome CONCEPTION was...   Forgot how awesome CONCEPTION was... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 9:11 am

Oh, that's thier debut and IMO is easily thier weakest effort, but still not bad...they got progressively better with each release.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Forgot how awesome CONCEPTION was...   Forgot how awesome CONCEPTION was... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 4:31 pm

They just kept getting better and better, then they stopped at the top. I'm glad I was able to see them live on that 1 reunion tour they did a few years ago.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Forgot how awesome CONCEPTION was...   Forgot how awesome CONCEPTION was... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 11:03 pm

Just discovered these guys out of the blue. DAMN.

This is some driving, riffingly original stuff.

What impresses me most is their vocalist. Trained opera singer, but sticks to his lower register with great effect.

In Your Multitude really drew me in, but Parallel Minds is equally infectious. Great power/prog approach. The guitar tone is BEEFY.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forgot how awesome CONCEPTION was...   Forgot how awesome CONCEPTION was... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forgot how awesome CONCEPTION was...
Page 1 of 1