Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TV series that I forgot about

Go down 
+17
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
jstate
Orion Crystal Ice
Thrasher73
Shiney
thejokeriv
mc666
Leatherface
Sutekh
Fat Freddy
exact33
manny
Joe
Schbopo
chewie
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

TV series that I forgot about Empty
PostSubject: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 5:16 pm

TV series that I forgot about Street_hawk
Street Hawk starring Rex Smith

TV series that I forgot about 4419011657_69c979989b
Small Wonder

TV series that I forgot about 517VXSFJ1NL._SL500_AA300_
Dude!!! Freakin' Sledge Hammer!!!!

TV series that I forgot about TalesOfTheGoldMonkey_UK
Tales of the Gold Monkey: Complete Series

I gotta find these on Netflix!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 5:36 pm

I watched an episode of Small Wonder once, because someone told me it was the worst sitcom ever.

This was pretty much true.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:25 pm

I remember the first three. I was in love with the chick in Sledgehammer.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39505

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:30 pm

Small Wonder was putrid. The rest weren't too bad. Street Hawk was part of the super machine craze that was on tv at the time (along with Airwolf,Blue Thunder,Knight Rider and the like)
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 9:25 pm

I should retitle this thread shows I am glad I forgot about!!!
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 9:36 pm

Schbopo wrote:
I watched an episode of Small Wonder once, because someone told me it was the worst sitcom ever.

This was pretty much true.

There's one worse..... All I know is that "Moonbeams home in a jar..." was the theme song. She was an alien girl and had to hide it.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 9:37 pm

manny wrote:
I should retitle this thread shows I am glad I forgot about!!!

TV series that I forgot about 201269 TV series that I forgot about 201269 TV series that I forgot about 201269
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 9:44 pm

chewie wrote:

There's one worse..... All I know is that "Moonbeams home in a jar..." was the theme song. She was an alien girl and had to hide it.

That would be "Out of This World," and you're right, it blows!
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 9:46 pm

Joe wrote:
chewie wrote:

That would be "Out of This World," and you're right, it blows!

TV series that I forgot about Lol Right as I looked it up and found it to edit my post....

Out Of This World TV series that I forgot about 288219
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:35 pm

street hawk!! I remember that one.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:55 pm

Good Lord... why would anybody go to the time and trouble to press "Small Wonder" onto DVDs?

Even more frightening, who would actually BUY "Small Wonder" on DVD?

That show was painful to the eyes!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:59 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Good Lord... why would anybody go to the time and trouble to press "Small Wonder" onto DVDs?

but it was one heck of theme song TV series that I forgot about Lol

Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 11:23 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Things that make you go..... mmmmmm TV series that I forgot about Icon_razz

There are some scary people out there!
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18909

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 12:33 am

I remember Tales of the Gold Monkey. That's the only one of those I watched.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 2:07 am

i remember Small Wonder & Sledge Hammer. i liked the latter.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:49 am

I can see them making a boxset of 'Sledge Hammer' that had a cult following but 'Small Wonder' and the rest, like Freddy said who would bother printing this? There cannot be a demand for this show? There are shows like 'NYPD Blue' and 'Superboy' ( that show was crap BTW) that actually had ratings that they only got to season 4 (Blue) and only one season of Superboy because they did not sell enough copies to bother issuing the rest of the seasons, let alone a show like 'Small Wonders' which was a complete flop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:00 am

Small Wonder is horrible, and here's proof.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/mpd/permalink/m2V5RJT7LN9C6Z
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:02 am

SpectreFate wrote:

[url=http://www.amazon.com/gp/mpd/permalink/m2V5RJT7LN9C6Z
http://www.amazon.com/gp/mpd/permalink/m2V5RJT7LN9C6Z[/quote[/url]]

I could not even make it thru the whole video, and it is barely over a minute.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:15 am

SpectreFate wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/mpd/permalink/m2V5RJT7LN9C6Z

I have no need to watch that - I believe you!!!!!!

Plus, I remember the show - it makes Full House seem like the greatest comedy ever!

I used to make lots of jokes with my brother that "small wonder" was about his, um, member - lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 10:29 am

"Sledge Hammer" was great stuff. Very "Airplane"/"Naked Gun" influenced. I would totally buy that DVD.

I only vaguely remember "Tales of the Gold Monkey" but if memory serves it was a 1930s period/action show that was obviously inspired by the success of "Raiders of the Lost Ark." There was another show on around the same time (different network) called "Bring'em Back Alive" that was also "Raiders" inspired, based on real-life 1930s explorer/big game hunter Frank Buck. I don't think either of those shows made it to a 2nd season.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 10:39 am

Sutekh wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Things that make you go..... mmmmmm TV series that I forgot about Icon_razz

I guess just about ANY old piece of crap TV show can gather a cult following if you give it enough time... sheesh.

Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 10:43 am

I'd like them to realease DARKROOM on dvd...it was a horror anthology hosted by James Coburn...only ran 1 season....good stuff!!

I also recall a show called CLIFFHANGERS....each episode had 4 15 minute stories that ended on a suspenseful note each week...it was crappy but one of the storylines involved a vampire I believe....

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 10:55 am

Sadly shiney I remember 'Cliffhangers' and that was also a steaming pile of turd, and I think that lasted a season.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 11:19 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Sledge Hammer" was great stuff. Very "Airplane"/"Naked Gun" influenced. I would totally buy that DVD.

I only vaguely remember "Tales of the Gold Monkey" but if memory serves it was a 1930s period/action show that was obviously inspired by the success of "Raiders of the Lost Ark." There was another show on around the same time (different network) called "Bring'em Back Alive" that was also "Raiders" inspired, based on real-life 1930s explorer/big game hunter Frank Buck. I don't think either of those shows made it to a 2nd season.

I always liked Gold Monkey and Sledge Hammer(that was some funny smurf poo). I'm going to have to look up that Frank Buck show because it sounds like I might have watched it. I am a Max Headroom fan. The original movie was much darker than the TV series was.

I looked up "Bring "em Back Alvie" and it had Bruce Boxleitner from "Scarecrow And Mrs. King" and "Tron".

What about "Tenspeed And Brownshoe" Starring Jeff Goldblum and Ben Vereen?

Others:
"Hardcastle And McCormick"
"Riptide" (I think this one was like Simon & Simon)
"Baa Baa Black Sheep"
"The Paper Chase" (The guy who would be the Smith Barney spokesman was in this is all that I remember)
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 11:52 am

I remember Riptide,it was a decent show.It was kinda like Simon & Simon meet Miami Vice.The 80's brought us some real cheesy goodness.Some others I remember:

The Fall Guy
Greatest American Hero
The Renegades
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TV series that I forgot about
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next