Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TV series that I forgot about

Go down 
+17
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
jstate
Orion Crystal Ice
Thrasher73
Shiney
thejokeriv
mc666
Leatherface
Sutekh
Fat Freddy
exact33
manny
Joe
Schbopo
chewie
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

TV series that I forgot about - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 12:14 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
I remember Riptide,it was a decent show.It was kinda like Simon & Simon meet Miami Vice.The 80's brought us some real cheesy goodness.Some others I remember:

The Fall Guy
Greatest American Hero

Sued to watch those all the time!!!!! Heather Thomas!!!!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 12:58 pm

This is a stroll down memory lane! I remember 'Now and Again' which was a cool concept but it never really made it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 1:27 pm

Shiney wrote:
I'd like them to realease DARKROOM on dvd...it was a horror anthology hosted by James Coburn...only ran 1 season....good stuff!!

I also recall a show called CLIFFHANGERS....each episode had 4 15 minute stories that ended on a suspenseful note each week...it was crappy but one of the storylines involved a vampire I believe....

Cliffhangers was a serialized show that had 3 tales that I can remember for sure. The one dealt with Dracula set in modern times (for the 70s,anyhow),another was a whodunit starring Susan Anton,I think and the last was based on an old serial called the Phantom Empire that was set in the Old West while there was a futuristic civilization underground-the above ground sequences were filmed in black and white while underground was in color. And I can't believe I can remember all that.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 2:05 pm

A show I used to love when I was a little kid was this show:

TV series that I forgot about - Page 2 Atlantis

I am sure it is horrid but at the time I thought it was very cool but then I was onlyb7 or 9 years old, not seen it since.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 2:27 pm

'Small Wonder'...

This seems like just such a variety of pedophilia collected in one concept..
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 2:44 pm

manny wrote:
A show I used to love when I was a little kid was this show:

TV series that I forgot about - Page 2 Atlantis

I am sure it is horrid but at the time I thought it was very cool but then I was onlyb7 or 9 years old, not seen it since.

Ha! I used to try and swim like him in the pool.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 5:28 pm

I don't think I ever saw "Man From Atlantis" but I did have an issue or two of the short lived Marvel Comics series based on the show in my old comic collection. They showed up regularly in comic book shop quarter boxes back then. Laughing

How'bout the equally short lived TV series based on the sci-fi film "Logan's Run?" I think it lasted about a dozen episodes, if that.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 5:54 pm

Misfits Of Science
Voyagers

Small Wonder used to come on before World Class wrestling. The few minutes I would watch at the end would feel like an eternity. Even knowing nothing about how shows were made I could tell that thing was done on the cheap. I hope everyone that buys that set goes on some kind of watch list.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:33 pm

jstate wrote:
Misfits Of Science
Voyagers

Small Wonder used to come on before World Class wrestling. The few minutes I would watch at the end would feel like an eternity. Even knowing nothing about how shows were made I could tell that thing was done on the cheap. I hope everyone that buys that set goes on some kind of watch list.

I remember and liked both of those shows. World Class wrestling, too!!!

Here's another one, I even remember the cheesy intro music:

Automan

[
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:51 pm

Automan was truly special
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 10:44 pm

I do not remember Automan at all.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 8:37 am

007 wrote:
I do not remember Automan at all.

You should get on your knees and thank sweet baby Jesus, it is truly horrid
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 9:48 am

I loved this series (not the HBO show).

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00005JNU5/ref=pe_70160_16529290_pe_epc_t7

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 9:55 am

tohostudios wrote:
I loved this series (not the HBO show).

[url=http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00005JNU5/ref=pe_70160_16529290_pe_epc_t7
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00005JNU5/ref=pe_70160_16529290_pe_epc_t7[/quote[/url]]

I used to love the original Max headroom series, I have not seen it in years but I remember the series very fondly.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 10:08 am

Max Headroom predicted stuff like hundreds of channels and reality TV. Finally more than 20 years later it's getting a DVD release.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 10:17 am

[quote="tohostudios"]Max Headroom predicted stuff like hundreds of channels and reality TV. Finally more than 20 years later it's getting a DVD release.[/quot

Remember the tag line? " 20 minutes into the future" or something like that
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 11:17 am

Max Headroom was a cool show!!!!! It was a scary prediction of the future that's here.

"20 minutes into the future" (The BBC movie)- A friend of mine has this on VHS and asked me to put it onto DVD...... now I have a copy, too.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:50 pm

Here's two for the price of one! An old network promo for two failed sitcoms... "Condo" with McLean Stevenson of "M*A*S*H*" fame, and "Amanda's" starring Bea Arthur - "Amanda's" was an Americanized version of the British sitcom "Fawlty Towers," with Bea in the John Cleese role as a snooty hotel manager.

According to Wikipedia, "Amanda's" lasted three months (February to May '83). "Condo" doesn't even have a listing on Wikipedia (am I the only one who remembers that show? Haha) but if memory serves it lasted about the same amount of time. "Condo" also starred a pre-"Family Ties" Marc "Skippy" Price.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:52 pm

exact33 wrote:

but it was one heck of theme song TV series that I forgot about - Page 2 Lol

GAAAAAAAH MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP!!!

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:55 pm

Here is the best TV show that was cancelled way too soon - only lasted 6 episodes. One of the funniest TV shows ever - I give you Police Squad!. It did lead to "The Naked Gun" movies,. which was cool. Series was created by those wacky folks you brought you Airplane!

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:56 pm

Police Squad was great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Used to love the intros where they would announce a guest star and then the gues star would get killed during the opening credits.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 3:01 pm

How'bout THIS one?

"Manimal" starred Simon Macorkindale (aka "The British a-hole from Jaws 3") as a guy who fought crime with his amazing powers of animal transformation. God help me, I used to watch this show religiously.

Or how'bout "M.A.N.T.I.S.?"

This show premiered with a lot of hype cuz it was the "first black superhero" on TV. I forget what the initials "M.A.N.T.I.S." actually stood for, but I do remember a TV critic remarking that it probably meant "Most Audience Not Tuning In Show," cuz it only lasted a few months Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 3:03 pm

Yeah Freddy I remember Manimal.Haha,good times!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 3:04 pm

I'm havin' way too much fun with this thread... here's another goody:

"The Flash" was actually one of the better TV superhero shows. The Tim Burton "Batman" movie had just made a ton of $$ so they were obviously going for that sort of feel (I think the Flash's theme song was even written by Danny Elfman, who'd done the score for "Batman"). I really liked this show but just like the Flash himself, it disappeared quickly.

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 3:09 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TV series that I forgot about   TV series that I forgot about - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TV series that I forgot about
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next