Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New HELLOWEEN in October

Go down 
+21
Red Kitty
WhenTheWildWindBlows
ZetaReticuli
Jesusandmetal23
powermacho
krokus
Eyesore
Gilbert
metallicleora
kmorg
Orion Crystal Ice
iamrockerfun
Smindas
DallasBlack
Lari
exact33
A Handful of Wayne
Wargod
mc666
Fat Freddy
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 6:26 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Musically I've enjoyed almost everything Helloween has done, but...unfortunately, I find that I like Deris on vocals less and less as time goes by..... I don't think he's bad, but for me I just really don't enjoy listening to him much..so I don't know if I will get this.

BTW..best Deris album...'Better Than Raw'. IMO..
Definitely the best, or at least my favorite. Can't really go wrong with anything Deris sang on. Well, maybe Unarmed. Haha. I prefer Deris on vocals and think the best Helloween era is the Deris era.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:02 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
They could write a song about Poop and I'd probably like it.

They already did that. There's an old B-Side called "Sh*t and Lobster."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:05 pm

lol and I do like that song

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:07 pm

...and of course, the entire CHAMELEON album may not exactly be about poop, but it certainly IS poop. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:12 pm

my favorite helloween b-side is when they are singing 'I wanna rock and roll all day' Smile

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 12:48 pm

LOL! Yea that interview is funny.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:37 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Musically I've enjoyed almost everything Helloween has done, but...unfortunately, I find that I like Deris on vocals less and less as time goes by..... I don't think he's bad, but for me I just really don't enjoy listening to him much..so I don't know if I will get this.

BTW..best Deris album...'Better Than Raw'. IMO..
Definitely the best, or at least my favorite.

Mine too, tied with The Time Of The Oath.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:49 am

Just ordered my copy of PINK...

I never wanted to own this album, but was told it's surprisingly entertaining.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:20 pm

Yea I like it. It was my first cd I ever got. its not as bad as everyone says it is. But I even like Chameleon so don't listen to me lol

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:26 pm

But I even like Chameleon so don't listen to me lol

Seriously, PRD -- if you ever meet the Helloween guys you need to tell them that. They'll probably go "Wow, so YOU'RE the guy who liked Chameleon? We thought you were just a legend!"

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:21 pm

LOL! I almost got my chance a few years ago. I met the drummer and I asked where the rest of the band was and he told me at Virgin Records. So I went there to track them down but they already left. I would have though and asked why can't they atleast just play Giants live!? You have to atleats like Giants Freddy.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:28 pm

You have to atleats like Giants Freddy.

I wouldn't know. I hated that album so much that I traded it off to my friendly neighborhood used-CD store many years ago now and haven't heard a note of it since.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:47 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Seriously, PRD -- if you ever meet the Helloween guys you need to tell them that. They'll probably go "Wow, so YOU'RE the guy who liked Chameleon? We thought you were just a legend!"
I like them both, too. Chameleon more. They're definitely oddball albums, with a number of stinkers between them, but there are some really good songs as well.

Anyone expecting metal, though, is going to be sorely disappointed.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:49 pm

Ok here listen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-SC4TjmnEg

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:53 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I like them both, too. Chameleon more. They're definitely oddball albums, with a number of stinkers between them, but there are some really good songs as well.

Exactly. Chameleon definetly isn't a metal album. And the only reason why Pink Bubbles doesn't sound so metal is because that piece of crap Chris Tsangeredies (or however you spell it) produced it. If there was one guy who everything he touches turns to crap its totally that guy. Yes I know he did Painkiller and tons of other stuff from Thin Lizzy, Black Sabbath etc., and I noticed he did something else too the other day that I didn't know of, he just sucks. He doesn't know what he is doing as far as it comes to recording metal albums. If they would have just stayed with Tommy Hansen for Pink Bubbles I bet that album would have done a lot better and sounded better too. I know Tommy did Chameleon but just look at the quality in the sound. Ok I'm done with my Chris Tsangeridies rant for today.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:18 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

this album gets all the hate but there are several songs I like on it.

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 11:57 pm

still waiting for Freddy to click that link I posted so he can hear that song again. impatient

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 9:18 am

still waiting for Freddy to click that link I posted so he can hear that song again. impatient

(Beaky Buzzard Voice) Noooope nope nope nope nope. Not gonna do it.

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 12:13 pm

lol! Oh come on. You affraid you might like it?

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 1:31 pm

new album cover

New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 2 Helloween7cover

It's a little tame compared to the other covers having a lot going on in them. Not crazy about it but who cares really.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 2:25 pm

I kind of dig it. It's really different from most of the covers. Hopefully all that metal isn't ironic. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39578

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 3:04 pm

Why is it when I first looked at that cover I thought of the Saw movies? It looks like it should be a poster for one of those.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 3:16 pm

Love the cover. Pure metal.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 10:39 pm

I like the cover of the new album. I hope we get a great album. I only had keepers 2, But I am starting to get some helloween. and that chameleon song that Wayne posted, I liked it. So I may hunt down a copy of that album
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 11:06 pm

Like the cover as well. The red is a nice opposite of the metal.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New HELLOWEEN in October
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next