Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New HELLOWEEN in October

Go down 
+21
Red Kitty
WhenTheWildWindBlows
ZetaReticuli
Jesusandmetal23
powermacho
krokus
Eyesore
Gilbert
metallicleora
kmorg
Orion Crystal Ice
iamrockerfun
Smindas
DallasBlack
Lari
exact33
A Handful of Wayne
Wargod
mc666
Fat Freddy
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 4:19 pm

Don't say that. The couple of samples i've heard are very good so i'll guess we'll see.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 4:20 pm

To me The songs sound dam good, I have only heard the Japan EP and the songs that are on youtube. From the albums that came this year in the power metal genre, this may be the best of the pack. Even better than 16.6 from Primal Fear
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 5:52 pm

Got my copy today. So far I've listened to the first seven songs only (twice), and it sounds damn good to me. I'll get to the other half once I digest what I've heard so far.

The sound isn't as good as on the last one, but the songs are still there. The thing that really annoys me is how small the booklet is and how there are no lyrics printed there. Now I have to go to the website and print them out. That's stupid - how am I supposed to keep A4 sheets inside a CD case? Or do I cut and fold them? They are still thin sheets of paper. I don't have no fancy printer. In fact, this workplace printer only does black and white. I need to wait till the weekend to print in color.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 10:51 pm

Whoa... no booklet? I'm glad I got the japanese version as well then. Its a digi and bigger booklet with a bonus track.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 12:44 am

I guess I am getting the version with no booklet then Sad . I ordered the bundle with t-shirt
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 1:18 am

Any interesting speedy tracks?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 5:47 am

It has a booklet. But the booklet only has a couple of pictures and credits.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 9:56 am

Sucks about the booklet, but I am still anxious to get my copy when it's released in the U.S. (I think in the middle of this month). As for the Deris era of Helloween, it has been around longer than any other era. The Kai era was only 2 years (as frontman) and the Kiske era was 7 years (most of which was during the band's low points). Meanwhile, the Deris era has lasted for 17 years now (that's almost twice as long as the other frontman years combined).

I wouldn't have Helloween with any other vocalist now. I'm also happy with Kiske where he is now (Avantasia, Place Vendome, Kiske/Sommerville) and Kai where he is (Gamma Ray).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 11:35 am

I've always said the Deris era has been the best. And Keepers III is the best of the trilogy. Don't hate me. Haha.

As for the lack of booklet, it sucks but this is what happens when thousands of people buy an album while millions steal it. =(
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 11:57 am

Lari has restored my faith. lol! I listened to more online samples and it sounds great to me, probably a top 5 this year.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 12:39 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I've always said the Deris era has been the best. And Keepers III is the best of the trilogy. Don't hate me. Haha.

As for the lack of booklet, it sucks but this is what happens when thousands of people buy an album while millions steal it. =(

Keepers 3 had it moments but it was waaaay too long. I think Master of the Rings is one his best with Helloween, with the Dark Ride in there too.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 1:10 pm

exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Keepers 3 had it moments but it was waaaay too long. I think Master of the Rings is one his best with Helloween, with the Dark Ride in there too.
Master of the Rings is another great one. My favorite Deris era disc is Better Than Raw, but I really don't think they've released a bad album with him on vocals. That's not including the 25th Anniversary disc, of course, though I don't think that's bad either.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 1:33 pm

i'm gonna see them live very soon and how the new stuff goes live.
EU Tour in Nov/Dec.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 1:58 pm

Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Master of the Rings is another great one. My favorite Deris era disc is Better Than Raw, but I really don't think they've released a bad album with him on vocals. That's not including the 25th Anniversary disc, of course, though I don't think that's bad either.

Better Than Raw is my favorite too, tied with Time Of The Oath. Both contain some of my favorite Helloween songs.

This applies to the Deris era.

Last edited by DallasBlack on Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To clarify my opinon)
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 3:52 pm

Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I would agree that they have not had a bad cd under Deris.

Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 6:57 pm

I don't know how you can rate any Deris-era albums higher than Walls of Jericho or Keepers II, but the band really did rejuvenate themselves when they got Andi and went into a more metal direction. Too bad Uli Kusch isn't with the band anymore. He is a phenomenal drummer.

My favourite Deris era albums:

1st-tied: Better than Raw, Rabbit Don't Come Easy, Gambling with the Devil
4th-tied: Time of the Oath, The Dark Ride
6th: Master of the Rings
7th: Seven Keys Legacy

That last ranked was the only one I didn't really like a lot, while Master of the Rings was still great.

7 Sinners probably ranks around Master of the Rings for me actually. Only after three full listens now, though. This one has a lot of potential, and I already think it's better than the last Gamma Ray. But the sound is actually a little bit similar to the Master of the Rings album. And there's even conceptual references to that one, check out "Who Is Mr. Madman?"
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 7:14 pm

Keepers II has "Rise and Fall," one of the worst Helloween songs ever, thus it ranks lower by default. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 7:46 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Keepers II has "Rise and Fall," one of the worst Helloween songs ever, thus it ranks lower by default. Haha.

Oy. Most annoying chorus ever recorded.

"Dr. Stein" is kinda irritating as well.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 9:09 pm

I acutally like Rise And Fall and Dr. Stein.

I actually rate Keepers II as my favorite overall but while Walls Of Jericho is a great album and was the first of it's kind, Kai's off key voice allows me to rate a Deris album over it (while not unbearable, it causes the songs not to be as memorable to my ears). If he sung on that album as well as he has with Gamma Ray, I could rate it higher.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 8:07 am

after my first time through I am happy with it. I dont care for the first song much but my favs on the cd are:

Who is Mr. Madman
Raise the Noise
If A Mountain Could Talk

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 11:55 am

Great songs you chose sir though I love the aggressiveness of the first song.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 12:31 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Great songs you chose sir though I love the aggressiveness of the first song.

I like the aggressiveness but it seems out of place with the rest of the songs being more melodic.

good cd altogether though!

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 12:45 pm

How the hell did you get your cd already?

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 12:56 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
How the hell did you get your cd already?

I got it from TheEnd on pre-order.

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 1:00 pm

I got it at the shop in town. They said, The End, always sends out stuff early and doesn't care much about release dates.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New HELLOWEEN in October   New HELLOWEEN in October - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New HELLOWEEN in October
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next