Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official Band Bashing Thread

Go down 
+42
Lionheartâ„¢
Eyesore
spiritoradio
Required Fields
Lurideath
Grimmo
SlaytanicPOWER
JDC
Pantera
Fat Freddy
rattpoison
XYZ
Lari
Stender
mc666
7thSaviour
Sword Of The Heretic
Dave the Boss
exact33
Addy
Rex
Hamer12
Vexer6
akeldama
Metallic Blaze
FlyingV
Mglaffas81
Schbopo
Troublezone
Orion Crystal Ice
Glenn Rogers
MetalRob331
Getizzyback
Thrasher73
ultmetal
snooloui
Temple of Blood
T-Roy
thejokeriv
manny
tohostudios
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage

The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:05 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
S wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Thats just me and my guitar writing about love life. Its supposed to be slow and simple.

Then why do you diss other bands that play simple songs? How come only your simple songs are good?

Because the bands I mentioned dont do it well IMO. Its all about taste. These bands you are talking about have all the money in the world and work with world class musicians and songwriters yet they lack any sort of connection with the music.

In many cases, they WROTE the music...how much more connected could they be? The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 7 201269

Sad to say it but there are a handful of huge rock bands who have brought in an outside writer to write there songs for them.

I'm still mainly talking about The Beatles...who are you talking about? The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 7 Lol
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:05 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Am I the only one who differentiates between bands I think "suck" and bands I HATE?

I think a lot of bands suck but I don't necessarily hate them. The only bands I'm listing in this threads are bands who's music turns me into a homicidal maniac.

I dont really hate any band and I respect every musician on this planet. It takes a ton of talent to do what a lot of these people are doing. My whole point I guess is if you have 20 albums and I can only find 5 songs I enjoy then you pretty much SUCK..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:07 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
I think another point that has not been mentioned is you guys were around when these bands were at there peak.

I was born a year after The Beatles broke up.

Quote :
Maybe that has something to do with why you like them so much. I think the music nowadays has so much more to offer and the musicians are just so more talented.

I'm calling Mike Portnoy so he can come slap you in the face with a wet fish...

That said, I agree that there is some connection to when one grew up and what music they consider good/bad.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:07 pm

Quote :
Because the bands I mentioned dont do it well IMO. Its all about taste. These bands you are talking about have all the money in the world and work with world class musicians and songwriters yet they lack any sort of connection with the music.

Do you think you could have as many fans of your music as the fans of the bands you dislike? I know you're your own biggest fan and that's fine... but what use is that?

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:08 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Am I the only one who differentiates between bands I think "suck" and bands I HATE?

I think a lot of bands suck but I don't necessarily hate them. The only bands I'm listing in this threads are bands who's music turns me into a homicidal maniac.

I dont really hate any band and I respect every musician on this planet. It takes a ton of talent to do what a lot of these people are doing. My whole point I guess is if you have 20 albums and I can only find 5 songs I enjoy then you pretty much SUCK..

Because you are, after all, the Universal Measuring Stick For Musical Quality.

The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 7 26156
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:12 pm

Aerosmith
Eagles
Lee-nerd Skee-nerd
Any pop-country band.
Doors
GnR
Too many more to mention, those are the top of the crap pile.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:14 pm

S wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
S wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Thats just me and my guitar writing about love life. Its supposed to be slow and simple.

Then why do you diss other bands that play simple songs? How come only your simple songs are good?

In many cases, they WROTE the music...how much more connected could they be? The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 7 201269

Sad to say it but there are a handful of huge rock bands who have brought in an outside writer to write there songs for them.

I'm still mainly talking about The Beatles...who are you talking about? The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 7 Lol

Lets see who do we have here Aerosmith, Ozzy, Kiss, Alice Cooper, and Bon Jovi. All of which have made there mark on rock history...
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:16 pm

Almost forgot the single most overated pile of steaming poo ever, the Rolling Stones!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:16 pm

Quote :
Universal Measuring Stick For Musical Quality

....will now be referred to as U.M.S.F.M.Q.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:17 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
S wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
S wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

Lets see who do we have here Aerosmith, Ozzy, Kiss, Alice Cooper, and Bon Jovi. All of which have made there mark on rock history...

Oh, I know all about that...like I said, my one-track mind is stuck on The Beatles...I can totally understand why you don't like any of those other bands. The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 7 201269
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:17 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

Someone make that his custom title...
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:18 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

Do you think you could have as many fans of your music as the fans of the bands you dislike? I know you're your own biggest fan and that's fine... but what use is that?

Trouble, Trouble, Trouble, this has nothing to do with the fans. If they like the music they like it. I have nothing against them for that. I write music because I love doing it. One day I will know how many fans I have, and the only one I need right now is myself. If I didnt believe in myself I wouldnt waste my time..
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:21 pm

S wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

Yeah, that'll show him!!!

Good for you.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:21 pm

I can't think of any bands that I straight up "hate." That's a pretty strong word. There are bands that I think suck....but hate? It would take a lot more than writing a bunch of crappy songs to make me hate a band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:22 pm

Quote :
Trouble, Trouble, Trouble,

The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 7 Troubledogx-large
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:23 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
S wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

Yeah, that'll show him!!!

Good for you.

"I WILL CUT YOU!!"
The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 7 Samuel_L_Jackson
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:26 pm

Quote :
I think the music nowadays has so much more to offer and the musicians are just so more talented.

More talented like computerized, emotionless machines. The 70's defined emotion in guitar playing... shred is mostly a cold machine like medium (even though i like it)...

Do yourself a favor and go listen to some Uli Jon Roth.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:30 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
I think the music nowadays has so much more to offer and the musicians are just so more talented.

More talented like computerized, emotionless machines. The 70's defined emotion in guitar playing... shred is mostly a cold machine like medium (even though i like it)...

Emotionless? ARe you kidding yourself? The 70's defined it I will agree with because thats when we got some of the greatest guitar players.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:36 pm

Quote :
Trouble, Trouble, Trouble, this has nothing to do with the fans. If they like the music they like it. I have nothing against them for that. I write music because I love doing it. One day I will know how many fans I have, and the only one I need right now is myself. If I didnt believe in myself I wouldnt waste my time..

I'm jamming and writing songs too.

Can't wait to see how many fans i'll have...

See you on tour!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:39 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

Emotionless? ARe you kidding yourself? The 70's defined it I will agree with because thats when we got some of the greatest guitar players.

You are kidding yourself. Shred is not the best way to convey emotion. The blues has more emotion in one note than a hundred from a shred player.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:40 pm

The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 7 775710
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:40 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 7 Cotton
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:41 pm

Rex wrote:
I can't think of any bands that I straight up "hate." That's a pretty strong word. There are bands that I think suck....but hate? It would take a lot more than writing a bunch of crappy songs to make me hate a band.

Yeah, that's what I said on the last page. Although I think a lot of bands suck I only hate a few.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:43 pm

Troublezone wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

You are kidding yourself. Shred is not the best way to convey emotion. The blues has more emotion in one note than a hundred from a shred player.

The blues is also a form of music to display emotion. There is a big difference there. I dont want to hear a bluesy solo in an all out metal song, it would make no sense. I dont like shred as much as you think I do, it bores me often. My point is I want to see people play there instrument if they can and slow it down when needed. Everything doesnt have to be emotional.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:43 pm

Here are some things which are a large ball of suck, EVEN IF, one song is good, one member is good...whatever it is. Does one singular thing being pretty good about something merit continued worship and discussion when other bands might have x10 that song or that member but get ignored?

List..

Pantera
Pearl Jam
Nirvana
KISS
Norma Jean
Massive Attack
Nickelback
Madonna
RHCP
Lady Gaga
Nevermore
Iced Earth

Re: Pink Floyd. I barely hear someone say they dislike the band without hearing a misplaced drug reference. Pink Floyd has 14 studio albums spanning 4 decades and literally a library of live bootlegs to hear and/or witness. They shouldn't be written off because a guy on 2 of them got his brain fried or because they fit an idiom, prog rock or what have you, and the rule is we cannot like the idiom. Having that kind of rule completely bars someone's preferences and senses from taking things on a song-by-song basis. That's the same thing with re: Avantasia sounds like every band that fits in that genre. All I ever hear regarding THAT is, 'it's ga-hey', 'this sounds too "happy"', 'this is in A or B genre, can't take a chance on this'...etc, etc, etc. Again, there is nothing I see that is all about sitting down, and listening to a song on it's own terms, as if a band invited you to the rehearsal and you hung out, no hype, nothing. But that's what it really is with music a lot of the time, anyway. But I always hear people talking about something contains some kind of superficial aesthetic instead of how or why this or that aesthetic does or does not move them, which is backwards to me. I mean I give things a ton of chances before they revolt me, unless there is just no escaping it from the get-go. I'm not afraid to like a 'hair band' or even a 'radio rock' band, if the song isn't a big ball of ga-hey. Like the 'Uncle Tom's Cabin' thread. I don't hate Warrant, but I do hate much music that shares similar aspects to 'Cherry Pie'. But I like 'Uncle Tom's Cabin'. It has some substance, I won't diss the entire song because say the drums are too simple, or because someone's outfit is ga-hey looking, or they fit into this genre or..whatever it is.

Pink Floyd rules.

Last edited by Orion Crystal Ice on Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official Band Bashing Thread
Page 7 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next