Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official Band Bashing Thread

Go down 
+42
Lionheartâ„¢
Eyesore
spiritoradio
Required Fields
Lurideath
Grimmo
SlaytanicPOWER
JDC
Pantera
Fat Freddy
rattpoison
XYZ
Lari
Stender
mc666
7thSaviour
Sword Of The Heretic
Dave the Boss
exact33
Addy
Rex
Hamer12
Vexer6
akeldama
Metallic Blaze
FlyingV
Mglaffas81
Schbopo
Troublezone
Orion Crystal Ice
Glenn Rogers
MetalRob331
Getizzyback
Thrasher73
ultmetal
snooloui
Temple of Blood
T-Roy
thejokeriv
manny
tohostudios
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 9:10 pm

exact33 wrote:
now its time for power metal bands:

Aina
Almah
Altaria
Thunderstone
Axenstar
Beyond Twilight
Metaluim
Celesty
Kamelot
Circle II Circle
Conception
Dream Evil
Epica
Labyrinth (except return to heaven denied)
Evil Masquerade
Catharsis
Cauldron Born
Fairyland (the last one was sort of ok)

and the blandest power metal band of all-time:

Dionysus The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 447763

Everything except Labyrinth (the self titled and 'No Limits' are both as good as RTHD, you should spend a bunch of time with those, and I also like 'Freeman' a lot), Kamelot, and Cauldron Born, is correct here.

You forgot some of the really horrid stuff like Skylark, Insania, Galloglass........and Edguy, post 'Mandrake'..
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 10:05 pm

I'm going for the jugular here, 80's Heavy Metal........

From your MTV Hair Band to your bullet belted Thrash band it is all just plain awful. This stuff was probably the soundtrack to you cracking open your first beer, unclasping some chicks bra, making your first bong etc etc etc. This is all fine and dandy and nostalgia ain't such a bad thing but in the cold sober reality of 20 odd years later this stuff plain sucks from the production, posing, image, sound etc. Things only started getting interesting in the late 80's with Rick Rubin's stable of retro bands and the weird metallic hybrids coming from Seattle, Houston, Los Angeles etc which would lead onto Hard Rock/Metal's most intense creative point (First half of the 90's).

Too me the 80's in terms of Hard Rock/Metal was the sh*tty era in between the 70's and early 90's.
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 10:55 pm

rattpoison wrote:

From your MTV Hair Band to your bullet belted Thrash band it is all just plain awful. This stuff was probably the soundtrack to you cracking open your first beer, unclasping some chicks bra, making your first bong etc etc etc. This is all fine and dandy and nostalgia ain't such a bad thing but in the cold sober reality of 20 odd years later this stuff plain sucks from the production, posing, image, sound etc. Things only started getting interesting in the late 80's with Rick Rubin's stable of retro bands and the weird metallic hybrids coming from Seattle, Houston, Los Angeles etc which would lead onto Hard Rock/Metal's most intense creative point (First half of the 90's).

Too me the 80's in terms of Hard Rock/Metal was the sh*tty era in between the 70's and early 90's.

The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 Dave_m11
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 10:56 pm

rattpoison wrote:

Hahahaha! All street cred you once had bro is gone for ever now. The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17152

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:07 pm

Quote :
the 80's in terms of Hard Rock/Metal was the sh*tty era in between the 70's and early 90's.

nonsense
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:14 pm

thrash dosnt stur up emotions of unhooking bras for me, more like getting together with my punk friends and beating the smurf poo out of skinheads at the bus stop in downtown portland.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17152

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:20 pm

Stender wrote:
thrash dosnt stur up emotions of unhooking bras for me, more like getting together with my punk friends and beating the smurf poo out of skinheads at the bus stop in downtown portland.

Thrash makes me want to beat the crap outta people that don't like thrash. The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 2:13 am

I'm a death metal fan. However, some of Six Feet Under's stuff sounds quite lacking of talent to me. The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 331161
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 5:06 am

rattpoison wrote:

You are on drugs - 80's metal RULES!!!!!!!!!!

70's and even the 60's has some good music. Even the 90's has some good stuff, but the 80's RULE and it's not just because I got my first blow job in 80's, the music is awesome and timeless. It was about having a good time. The 90's music? Some of it is 70's music re-hashed, but in flannel (see Pearl Jam, who I do like) - others are Poison without the fun (see Matchbox 20) or any Metal band without the fun (see Seattle scene). Nirvana, Green Day, etc, just turned Punk Rock into a radio friendly format.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 5:11 am

Quote :
KINGS X- THEY ARE SO NOTHING SPECIAL AT ALL GOD I CANT STAND THEM!!!!!!!!! Id rather be kicked in the sack than listen to them

I can arrange that... The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 564665

The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 Groin-kick
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 5:13 am

S wrote:
Quote :
KINGS X- THEY ARE SO NOTHING SPECIAL AT ALL GOD I CANT STAND THEM!!!!!!!!! Id rather be kicked in the sack than listen to them

lol!

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 5:14 am

I'm not a Kings X fan either. I do like Gretchen Goes To Nebraska though.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 5:15 am

S wrote:
Quote :

The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 201269
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 5:16 am

tohostudios wrote:
I never could get into Warrior Soul, for whatever reason.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 5:16 am

Grimmo wrote:
I'm a death metal fan. However, some of Six Feet Under's stuff sounds quite lacking of talent to me. The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 331161
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH! The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 778825
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 5:17 am

7thSaviour wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
I never could get into Warrior Soul, for whatever reason.

That's understandable. I shouldn't like WS either but I do. Go figure.

And you better hope Freddy doesn't see this.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 5:18 am

tohostudios wrote:
Or maybe you've finally seen the light 7th. The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 Icon_wink
Partially, at least. Joey is an arrogant sfincter.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 5:19 am

exact33 wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Dave the Boss wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
I must thoroughly bash Manowar period.

How The Dictators became this joke of a band is beyond me. Fur kilts? Puhleeze!!!

And I love post-Manowar Manitoba's Wild Kingdom.

But that shizzle between The Dictators and MWK is beyond awful IMO. Yet I still wouldn't say I "hate" them; I just think Manowar sucks.

Really? I think the first four records are classics, and among the best American metal records ever.

There's certainly SONGS that fit into that..won't deny that..but full albums..? I don't think the band has ever made a whole album of great songs, even half one in a row..

I like Fighting the world and Kings of Metal a lot. The previous efforts were spotty but everything after KoM was just plain lousy.
FTW and KOM are their real masterpieces. The 2 albums immediately following those 2 were also quite good, but after that it really tailed off!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 5:20 am

tohostudios wrote:
I have The Doors greatest hits collection and that's more than enough for me.
I LOVE The Doors! The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 604261
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 5:21 am

tohostudios wrote:
OK, so 9 pages in I still don't know who thebandthatshallneverbementionedagain is.

Can someone please enlighten my enfeebled brain?
The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 201269

I loathe Leviticus! The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 355277
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 5:22 am

Motorhead must retire!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 5:22 am

7thSaviour wrote:
Motorhead must retire!

Or at least Lemmy...

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Udo Dirkschneider blows donkey turds!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 5:23 am

tohostudios wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
Motorhead must retire!

Or at least Lemmy...
That's what I'm saying because essentially Lemmy IS Motorhead. Motorturd! The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 201269
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 5:23 am

7thSaviour wrote:
Udo Dirkschneider blows donkey turds!

Yet you like Grave Digger.

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official Band Bashing Thread
Page 12 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next