Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official Band Bashing Thread

Go down 
+42
Lionheartâ„¢
Eyesore
spiritoradio
Required Fields
Lurideath
Grimmo
SlaytanicPOWER
JDC
Pantera
Fat Freddy
rattpoison
XYZ
Lari
Stender
mc666
7thSaviour
Sword Of The Heretic
Dave the Boss
exact33
Addy
Rex
Hamer12
Vexer6
akeldama
Metallic Blaze
FlyingV
Mglaffas81
Schbopo
Troublezone
Orion Crystal Ice
Glenn Rogers
MetalRob331
Getizzyback
Thrasher73
ultmetal
snooloui
Temple of Blood
T-Roy
thejokeriv
manny
tohostudios
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:35 pm

Nirvana
Sublime
Green Day
Limp Bisquick
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:42 pm

I must thoroughly bash Manowar's musical efforts of the past few years! I also most wholeheartedly bash them for turning their backs on their home nation of America and pandering almost exclusively to the European masses. TRAITOR SCUM! We don't need turncoats like you in America, anyway! Turn in your passports and stay out of the USA!
(Tirade over.)
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:45 pm

I must thoroughly bash Manowar period.

How The Dictators became this joke of a band is beyond me. Fur kilts? Puhleeze!!!

And I love post-Manowar Manitoba's Wild Kingdom.

But that shizzle between The Dictators and MWK is beyond awful IMO. Yet I still wouldn't say I "hate" them; I just think Manowar sucks.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:46 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
I must thoroughly bash Manowar's musical efforts of the past few years! I also most wholeheartedly bash them for turning their backs on their home nation of America and pandering almost exclusively to the European masses. TRAITOR SCUM! We don't need turncoats like you in America, anyway! Turn in your passports and stay out of the USA!
(Tirade over.)

I have to agree that the last couple of records were shite, but the reason why they won't play in the US is because the turnout was always extremely low. And you know Manowar. Joey's ego wouldn't allow him to play club shows anyway. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:46 pm

tohostudios wrote:

How The Dictators became this joke of a band is beyond me. Fur kilts? Puhleeze!!!

But that shizzle between The Dictators and MWK is beyond awful IMO. Yet I still wouldn't say I "hate" them; I just think Manowar sucks.

Really? I think the first four records are classics, and among the best American metal records ever.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:49 pm

Yeah I know I'm in the minority on this one but I absolutely cannot stand Manowar. They're one of the reasons metal has such a cheesy image to most people IMO.

And I find the music very "by the numbers"; just boring as hell.

As I said, I don't "hate" Manowar; I just think they suck.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:49 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
(Tirade over.)

I have to agree that the last couple of records were shite, but the reason why they won't play in the US is because the turnout was always extremely low. And you know Manowar. Joey's ego wouldn't allow him to play club shows anyway. Laughing
Funny thing is, I saw Manowar play a club show in Atlanta a few years back, AND GUESS WHAT?! They weren't all that. I can't stand Joey anymore, although I still love Eric Adams' vocals. Joey has ruined Manowar for me. They were one of my favorite bands in the 90s, but not anymore. I loathe the current state of Manowar.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:50 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Yeah I know I'm in the minority on this one but I absolutely cannot stand Manowar. They're one of the reasons metal has such a cheesy image to most people IMO.

And I find the music very "by the numbers"; just boring as hell.

As I said, I don't "hate" Manowar; I just think they suck.
I hate Joey Dimaio, but I still love the classic 80s Manowar platters.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:51 pm

Or maybe you've finally seen the light 7th. The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 9 Icon_wink

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:56 pm

i'm coming in late here, but damn how i hate Def Leppard.

Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:59 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Really? I think the first four records are classics, and among the best American metal records ever.

There's certainly SONGS that fit into that..won't deny that..but full albums..? I don't think the band has ever made a whole album of great songs, even half one in a row..
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:02 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Dave the Boss wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

There's certainly SONGS that fit into that..won't deny that..but full albums..? I don't think the band has ever made a whole album of great songs, even half one in a row..

I like Fighting the world and Kings of Metal a lot. The previous efforts were spotty but everything after KoM was just plain lousy.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:06 pm

mc666 wrote:
i'm coming in late here, but damn how i hate Def Leppard.

I agree with this regarding everything after Pyromania. But from Pyro back, I love this band.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:08 pm

I do also find it amazing how much this thread has grown in less than 24 hours.

Obviously, there is a lot of pent up musical aggression on this board (and I'm sure on every board).

Thanks to Spec for creating an outlet for it.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:14 pm

007 wrote:
I absolutely hate the Doors. They are terrible with the moaning "poet" on vocals with the calliope-like keyboards playing in the background. Ugh !

count me in on that one. If they never played another Doors song again it would be too soon. And while we are at it - the man is dead! Leave it be!

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:16 pm

I'm iffy with The Doors.

I like the hits but man, I hate their albums.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:18 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I'm iffy with The Doors.

I like the hits but man, I hate their albums.

I would have to be juiced to enjoy them...

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:20 pm

I have The Doors greatest hits collection and that's more than enough for me.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:22 pm

I don't mind some of their stuff, but it always leaves me feeling like...why didn't it go further with those ideas.... of course, I love classic prog rock, psych rock...so that's where I want to go when I hear the Doors, instead of listening to the Doors..

'The End' worked out ok in 'Apocalypse Now!'..
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:25 pm

Dragonforce
Pantera
Lamb of God
Trivium
Austrian death machine
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:27 pm

Dragon Force

Vengeance Rising

The Eagles
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:29 pm

"thebandthatshallneverbementionedagain" absolutely sux!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:31 pm

akeldama wrote:
"thebandthatshallneverbementionedagain" absolutely sux!

I am listening to K O R N as we speak, it is wonderful, blissful, heavenly, like a naked girl on hot summer night, like cold beer after a long day at work, like sex in the afternoon, it is all good.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:33 pm

OK, so 9 pages in I still don't know who thebandthatshallneverbementionedagain is.

Can someone please enlighten my enfeebled brain?

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:33 pm

now its time for power metal bands:

Aina
Almah
Altaria
Thunderstone
Axenstar
Beyond Twilight
Metaluim
Celesty
Kamelot
Circle II Circle
Conception
Dream Evil
Epica
Labyrinth (except return to heaven denied)
Evil Masquerade
Catharsis
Cauldron Born
Fairyland (the last one was sort of ok)

and the blandest power metal band of all-time:

Dionysus The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 9 447763

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official Band Bashing Thread
Page 9 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next