Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last seen movies

Go down 
+42
the sentinel
akeldama
ZetaReticuli
SideShowDisaSter
Mglaffas81
Wargod
Lewis
exact33
James B.
DallasBlack
T-Roy
Metal Misfit
Orion Crystal Ice
jstate
TheGooch
Thrasher73
MetalH
Addy
sheets
Fat Freddy
Stender
Dave the Boss
DeathCult
holydiver97595
nevermore
thejokeriv
snooloui
FlyingV
Required Fields
manny
iamrockerfun
kmorg
EvyMetal
Schbopo
Metallic Blaze
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
Shiney
Leatherface
tohostudios
Sutekh
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Last seen movies - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 9:50 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Superman II:The Richard Donner Cut

Was that any good? I thought about renting it a few times, but never have?

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:06 am

The Other Boleyn Girl

Not bad. I've been on a history kick, and so this one fell into that category.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:28 am

SM you might dig the Tudors then
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:31 am

Yeah, I've been thinking about renting from Blockbuster.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:35 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

It's excellent!!! Better than the original release, less "campy". They structured as close as possible to what Donner had initially envisioned for the Superman II. They had to use some test screen footage, but it turned out great overall. Donner had filmed most of Superman II at the same time as Superman - they where doing back to back shots. Donner and the producers had a falling out, they fired him and brought in Richard Lester to complete the movie. In order for Lester to get credit as director, more than 50% of the film had to be his shoots, so the re-filmed a number of scenes and the ones that hadn't been filmed yet. They even re-wrote a bunch of the scenes to make it more "campy". The Donner cut is mostly Donner footage, but they had to use some of Lester's footage to complete the movie, but that footage is was edited to take out the "campy" stuff. Notable differences are how General Zod and his cronies are freed from the prison (originally was going to be a cliffhanger scene at the end of Superman), how Superman changes things at the end (the original idea to end the film), how Lois Lane figures out Clark is Superman (much better than a "opps, I burned my hand), restores the Marlon Brando footage that was shot for Superman II (he demanded more money to allow his footage in SII, so the producers cut him out and added Sup's mom) and so on. If you liked Superman I & II, it is a great one to rent.

Also watched some of Superman Returns afterwards - I don't know why the film gets so much flack, it was a great movie. And that one really does play as a sequel to Superman I and II.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:41 am

Yea, a buddy of mine saw it and gave me the whole back-story with Donner, which piqued my interest. I'll have to check it out.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 2:26 pm

Finished Ice Age and now that Rusted Root song is stuck in my head.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 2:34 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

It's excellent!!! Better than the original release, less "campy". They structured as close as possible to what Donner had initially envisioned for the Superman II. They had to use some test screen footage, but it turned out great overall. Donner had filmed most of Superman II at the same time as Superman - they where doing back to back shots. Donner and the producers had a falling out, they fired him and brought in Richard Lester to complete the movie. In order for Lester to get credit as director, more than 50% of the film had to be his shoots, so the re-filmed a number of scenes and the ones that hadn't been filmed yet. They even re-wrote a bunch of the scenes to make it more "campy". The Donner cut is mostly Donner footage, but they had to use some of Lester's footage to complete the movie, but that footage is was edited to take out the "campy" stuff. Notable differences are how General Zod and his cronies are freed from the prison (originally was going to be a cliffhanger scene at the end of Superman), how Superman changes things at the end (the original idea to end the film), how Lois Lane figures out Clark is Superman (much better than a "opps, I burned my hand), restores the Marlon Brando footage that was shot for Superman II (he demanded more money to allow his footage in SII, so the producers cut him out and added Sup's mom) and so on. If you liked Superman I & II, it is a great one to rent.

Also watched some of Superman Returns afterwards - I don't know why the film gets so much flack, it was a great movie. And that one really does play as a sequel to Superman I and II.

This sounds really cool. Maybe I should buy the 3 good Superman movies Very Happy

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 2:40 pm

Here's some more of the backstory to the Donner-cut of Supes II. The rest of the article ain't bad either...

http://www.cracked.com/article_16258_5-awesome-movies-ruined-by-last-minute-changes.html

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 3:27 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Here's some more of the backstory to the Donner-cut of Supes II. The rest of the article ain't bad either...

http://www.cracked.com/article_16258_5-awesome-movies-ruined-by-last-minute-changes.html

LOL!!! Rent the movie, let me know what you think!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 6:53 pm

Dead and Gone

Stupid Indian burial ground/ghost/going crazy movie. Terrible.

Perkin's 14

So, so serial killer/zombie(ish) movie.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:29 pm

Valkyrie
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 11:30 am

manny wrote:
Valkyrie

Good film?
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 11:43 am

Last seen movies - Page 36 Nanking_1sheetmed

NANKING: A Pre-WWII documentary......... Definitely not for the faint of heart. I've read the book that it is based on as well.

Last edited by chewie on Tue May 11, 2010 12:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:05 pm

Pandemic

Lame virus movie. Avoid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Pandemic

Lame virus movie. Avoid.

You appear to be a glutton for punishment. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:34 pm

The Devil's Rejects. This might have actually been worse than House of 1000 Corpses. Rob Zombie just isn't a good director. He's like any number of music video directors who know how to make cool shots but don't know anything about telling a story. I have to give him special credit for his dialogue, though, which is hilariously awful. I think there were 3 or 4 instances in this movie in which an exchange went something like: "F--- you!" "F--- me?! F--- YOU, MOTHERF---ER!!!" Forsooth, the Great Bard himself could not have bested it.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 1:17 pm

Quote :
You appear to be a glutton for punishment. Last seen movies - Page 36 201269

Dude, I'm on a bad roll. Need to see something good, soon!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:27 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
You appear to be a glutton for punishment. Last seen movies - Page 36 201269

Dude, I'm on a bad roll. Need to see something good, soon!

Seen Midnight Meat Train yet?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 3:30 pm

snooloui wrote:
manny wrote:
Valkyrie

Good film?

Not a bad film and as accurate as a Hollywood film will get with a historical subject but worth at least one viewing.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 4:13 pm

Quote :
Seen Midnight Meat Train yet?

Yes! Loved it.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:55 am

High Tension. I had been wanting to see this movie for awhile and finally broke down and gave it a rental. Not bad, but didn't live up to my expectations either. I respect with what they were trying to do with making an old school brutal slasher. Cool effects and graphic violence a plenty, but I've seen all that before and then some. There was some plot holes tied to the twist ending that was confusing. Worth a watch just to say you saw it, but still a little over hyped if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:11 am

Star Wars - Episode III

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:14 am

Leatherface wrote:
High Tension. I had been wanting to see this movie for awhile and finally broke down and gave it a rental. Not bad, but didn't live up to my expectations either. I respect with what they were trying to do with making an old school brutal slasher. Cool effects and graphic violence a plenty, but I've seen all that before and then some. There was some plot holes tied to the twist ending that was confusing. Worth a watch just to say you saw it, but still a little over hyped if you ask me.

I loved this movie until the stupid "twist" that didn't make a lot of sense.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:24 am

exact33 wrote:
Star Wars - Episode III

Thats a GOOD AWESOME Flick heh
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 36 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last seen movies
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next