Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last seen movies

Go down 
+42
the sentinel
akeldama
ZetaReticuli
SideShowDisaSter
Mglaffas81
Wargod
Lewis
exact33
James B.
DallasBlack
T-Roy
Metal Misfit
Orion Crystal Ice
jstate
TheGooch
Thrasher73
MetalH
Addy
sheets
Fat Freddy
Stender
Dave the Boss
DeathCult
holydiver97595
nevermore
thejokeriv
snooloui
FlyingV
Required Fields
manny
iamrockerfun
kmorg
EvyMetal
Schbopo
Metallic Blaze
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
Shiney
Leatherface
tohostudios
Sutekh
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

Last seen movies - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:57 am

Leatherface wrote:
High Tension. I had been wanting to see this movie for awhile and finally broke down and gave it a rental. Not bad, but didn't live up to my expectations either. I respect with what they were trying to do with making an old school brutal slasher. Cool effects and graphic violence a plenty, but I've seen all that before and then some. There was some plot holes tied to the twist ending that was confusing. Worth a watch just to say you saw it, but still a little over hyped if you ask me.

I thought the decapitation by bookcase was absolutely hilarious in that movie. I'm not sure I was supposed to be laughing at that moment, but I was.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 1:07 pm

Addy wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Star Wars - Episode III

Thats a GOOD AWESOME Flick heh

about time too because the I andII were lousy..

snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 3:37 pm

Enemy of the State

Quite interesting and Will Smith is good, better movie than some of his recent ones.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 8:21 am

"The Invasion" - Nicole (sigh!) Kidman in yet another retread of the "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" formula. Not bad but the ending was a little too "pat" for me. Otherwise, a decent suspense flick.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 10:36 am

Quote :
Nicole (sigh!) Kidman

When I was a teen she was the "sigh" chick of my life. Now though, she's too skeletal. I've avoided this movie, maybe I need to check it out.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 10:45 am

Amistad

Holy crap what a good movie. It had been years and years since I've seen it, and I was reminded why. It's brutal. Yes, there are the obvious parts where you can feel good about humanity growing and changing. However, the slave-trade parts, especially the Middle Passage parts, are very, very hard to stomach.

When you think about ancient Egyptians or ancient Vikings or basically ancient _____ it seems so distant that the impact is less (for me) somehow, even if the mnid recognizes the horror. However, the Amistad incident was one example of things going on just decades before powered flight. It's so close to our time in the grand scheme of things that it boggles my mind humans were treating other humans like this. Post Renaissance, post - Enlightenment humans were still using other humans like beasts and simply discarding them, while alive, if that suited their needs.

I highly recommend this movie. GREAT acting, great true story, but it's hard to stomach at times (which is part of the point).
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 10:57 am

Toy Story

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:26 am

The Vampire Lovers. Remember the times when vampire movies featured a puritan bad ass pitted against an aristocratic figure or hot lesbian vampires? This is one of 'em. Awesome flick. One of my favorite Hammer Horror films.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 12:21 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
Nicole (sigh!) Kidman

When I was a teen she was the "sigh" chick of my life. Now though, she's too skeletal. I've avoided this movie, maybe I need to check it out.

Too much plastic surgery, too. Her face looks like a death mask.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 1:02 pm

sheets wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
Nicole (sigh!) Kidman

Too much plastic surgery, too. Her face looks like a death mask.

Harsh! Damn! I dunno, Nicole's just got this totally hot, high class ice queen/uber-b*tch vibe that I find intriguing in a sick sort of way, I guess. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 3:21 pm

Ice Age - The Meltdown

I liked this one better than the original.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 4:05 pm

Nicole Kidman..barf...past and present. I suppose all of our old crushes are doing something unhealthy to their appearance in some way. I have heard Jennifer Connelly is not looking that great lately, but I don't know.

(some older pics)

Last seen movies - Page 37 Jennifer-connelly-002u3edit

Last seen movies - Page 37 Conelly1

Last seen movies - Page 37 Connelly
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 7:06 pm

Jennifer Connelly top pic when she had some meat...thumbs up.

Big Fan

Good movie about a creepy, pathetic NY Giants fan.

Drag Me to Hell

Better than I thought it would be "gypsy curse" movie with funny gross-out moments.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 7:12 pm

Jennifer Connelly is gorgeous !

Last night we rented Daybreakers-vampires run the world with a few human stragglers left.Much better than I anticipated with a good cast (Willem Dafoe,Ethan Hawke and Sam Neill).I'd recommend it.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 9:21 pm

Ninja Assassin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 9:46 pm

Ghostbusters 2
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 1:39 pm

Ice Age - Dawn Of The Dinosaurs

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 7:25 pm

No movies but I have been enjoying some Red Dwarf DVDs. The show was so ridiculously corny and low budget but damn funny and quite addictive. I just need to get Season I, III, & VIII to have the complete collection.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 12:45 am

Aeon Flux.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 8:14 am

DallasBlack wrote:
No movies but I have been enjoying some Red Dwarf DVDs. The show was so ridiculously corny and low budget but damn funny and quite addictive. I just need to get Season I, III, & VIII to have the complete collection.

headbanger

I LOVE RD!! I need to get the special they released last year...

scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 1:15 pm

Edge of Darkness

Not as good as I expected, but still pretty good. Mel Gibson's personal life might be what it is, but he makes darn good movies no matter what side of the camera he's on.

Invictus

Enjoyable human interest story. Morgan Freeman has to be one of the top5-10 actors ever. Makes me want to learn more about SA.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 1:37 pm

Morgan Freeman is awesome.

Role Models - Thought it was pretty funny, especially the young kid and the guy who plays one of the role players, the same guy who plays a teacher in Pineapple Express and the guy who runs the kid down in Superbad. I like the way they use a lot of same actors, it's brilliant Last seen movies - Page 37 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 2:18 pm

The Empire Strikes Back. Billy Dee Williams as Lando is the most underrated thing in this movie. Too bad they neutered him, along with everyone else, in Return of the Jedi.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 7:28 pm

The Descent Part 2

Not bad but couldn't hold a candle to the original. It has it's moments but the producers obviously knew it wouldn't have the same feel as the first one so they tried to compensate by make it more "shocking" with more gore, more views of the mutants, etc.

And the "twist" ending was just stupid.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:29 am

"Hard Rock Zombies" (1985)
Picked this up on a cheapie compilation DVD at the supermarket the other night. Never seen it but it's one of those movies people have been telling me I "have to see" for years now. All I can say is... wow. This movie is one long series of "WTF?" moments. It's part horror, part comedy, all stupid. Last seen movies - Page 37 201269

Our heroes are a terrible mulleted rock band who come to a small town in the middle of nowhere to meet a record company scout (?). While there they pick up a hot chick hitchhiker who invites them to stay at her home, which is populated by a bunch of midgets, weirdos, and assorted psychos. Eventually we find out the head of the household is none other than Hitler himself (!!), who has been in hiding all these years but has picked that exact moment to start the Fourth Reich. The band members are killed by the Nazi family, but are eventually brought back to life by a groupie who plays one of their songs at their grave sites. They play an undead concert and eventually battle the rest of the townspeople who have been turned into zombies before heading peacefully back to their graves... or something like that. Seriously, this movie wasn't very linear at all. I spent most of the run time with my jaw in my lap, constantly saying "what the f***?" Last seen movies - Page 37 Affraid

While all that is going on you get a bunch of MTV-video style montages set to the band's crappy pop/rock music, some gore, some boobs, some zombie munchin', it's a totally nonsensical, sleazy good time. I never want to see it again, but it was still totally worth the $1.99 I paid for it. Last seen movies - Page 37 320592

By the way, trivia geeks, the lead singer of the band in this movie, "Jesse," is played by E.J. Curcio, who was vocalist of the hair metal band "Silent Rage," who released a few albums in the mid to late 80s. The music in the movie isn't by Silent Rage, though, it was by Canadian AOR guy Paul Sabu.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri May 21, 2010 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 37 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last seen movies
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next