Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Movies You're Looking Forward To?

Go down 
+7
ultmetal
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
iamrockerfun
Fat Freddy
mc666
INVADERS
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Movies You're Looking Forward To? Empty
PostSubject: Movies You're Looking Forward To?   Movies You're Looking Forward To? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 2:48 am

My favorite kinds of movies are comedies and period pieces. I generally don't buy comedies, though, since I don't watch them too often. So my collection largely consists of movies like Gladiator, Braveheart, Pride & Prejudice, and such. Basically anything that isn't modern in any way. That's my thing. I also dig a good fantasy flick—the Lord Of The Rings trilogy or Pan's Labyrinth, for instance.

With that said, here are some upcoming movies I'm looking forward to buying (whenever they're released on DVD):

ELIZABETH: THE GOLDEN AGE (Trailer)

This one caught me by surprise, really. This is a sequel! Generally you don't get sequels with period dramas. The first one, Elizabeth, was very good, but lacked any sort of action; making it a more character-driven drama. That sort of thing can get a bit boring. This sequel, however, looks outstanding, very engaging! Definitely a pleasant surprise.

PERFUME: THE STORY OF A MURDERER (Trailer)

One thing about my obsession with period pieces is that it's not genre specific. I can dig movies—horror movies—like Ravenous and Brotherhood Of The Wolf because they take place in something of a different time period, though I'm generally not a big horror fan. Perfume: The Story Of A Murderer is pretty much the same deal: an 18th Century horror movie.

This one has an extremely odd concept: A boy is born with an extraordinary sense of smell; he becomes a perfumer, and in trying to recreate the scent of women, he ends up becoming a serial killer. Weird, I know, but the reviews on this have been awesome! It's out on DVD now.

DAY WATCH (Trailer)

This one looks a little crazy. It like a period drama meets a fantastical ninja movie. It looks like it could be really cool, but it could also be like the Matrix sequels: all visual splendor, no dramatic substance.

SEPTEMBER DAWN (Trailer)

A religious (mormon) drama set in 1857 about the murder of a group of 120 men, women and children. Looks really good.

STARDUST (Trailer)

Crazy-looking fantasy movie. I hope this one is good, because it looks great. I predict (kind of a no-brainer) fantasy movies are going to get better and better with the advance in technology.

MR. BEAN'S HOLIDAY (Trailer)

I don't know about this one. Mr. Bean is one of the greatest British sitcoms ever, but as a feature length movie I just can't see it working. He seems to work better in short clips, rather than a complete story. The trailer shows some funny bits, though, especially the end.

Upcoming DVD purchases: 300, Perfume: The Story of a Murderer, Pathfinder, Rome: Season II (DVD Box Set).
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Movies You're Looking Forward To?   Movies You're Looking Forward To? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 8:09 am

The Simpsons Movie
AVP 2 (hope its better than the first )
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Movies You're Looking Forward To?   Movies You're Looking Forward To? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 9:32 am

Rambo 4 Cool

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Movies You're Looking Forward To?   Movies You're Looking Forward To? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 9:43 am

I was looking forward to seeing The Simpsons movie in the theatre this coming weekend, but since my newborn son arrived yesterday, a little earlier than expected (he wasn't supposed to be here till the first week of August), I guess I'm waitin' for the DVD on that one... darn kid. Sad
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Movies You're Looking Forward To?   Movies You're Looking Forward To? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 12:27 pm

RAMBO 4 - seems to be very bloody-action
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/

PostSubject: Re: Movies You're Looking Forward To?   Movies You're Looking Forward To? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 4:01 pm

Yes, Rambo 4 is a definite for me. It looks brutal! Rush Hour 3, also, looks to be pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Movies You're Looking Forward To?   Movies You're Looking Forward To? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 4:07 pm

I want to see the Simpsons movie, but I'll probably end up waiting for the dvd release. I hope it's good, but I'm not getting my hopes up. The last few seasons of the tv show have been pretty lame.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movies You're Looking Forward To?   Movies You're Looking Forward To? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 1:26 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I want to see the Simpsons movie, but I'll probably end up waiting for the dvd release. I hope it's good, but I'm not getting my hopes up. The last few seasons of the tv show have been pretty lame.
You know, I've never watched a single episode of that show. I find that pretty crazy, actually.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Movies You're Looking Forward To?   Movies You're Looking Forward To? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 2:51 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
You know, I've never watched a single episode of that show. I find that pretty crazy, actually.

That is crazy!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Movies You're Looking Forward To?   Movies You're Looking Forward To? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 3:10 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Wow, I find that pretty hard to believe!! Do you live under a rock? (haha)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movies You're Looking Forward To?   Movies You're Looking Forward To? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 11:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Wow, I find that pretty hard to believe!! Do you live under a rock? (haha)
For some reason it never appealed to me. I don't know why, because people say I'm like Chandler from Friends meets every Seinfeld episode ever filmed, so with me clearly being retarded you'd think I'd enjoy a show like the Simpsons. Haha.

Anyway, I saw the latest Harry Potter tonight (good old Harry can act now!), and I saw some posters of cool-looking movies.

THE LAST LEGION (Trailer)

This is a sort of prequel to Excalibur. It tells what happened before the story of Excalibur. It looks really cool.

The other was Beowulf (no trailer yet). Directed by Robert Zimeckis; screenplay by Neil Gaiman; actors include Angelina Jolie, Anthony Hopkins, John Malkovich, Crispin Glover. Seems like a good cast, director and writer. Should be really good. A recent lower budget version of the tale was done last year or so called Beowulf & Grendel. Gerard Butler was in it and it was a good movie, but the story could use the big Hollywood treatment, you know?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Movies You're Looking Forward To?   Movies You're Looking Forward To? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 9:26 am

I watched The Simpsons Movie last night. My wife won free passes to an advance screening. I laughed...a lot!

PostSubject: Re: Movies You're Looking Forward To?   Movies You're Looking Forward To? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 12:19 pm

No flop making the jump to the big screen?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Movies You're Looking Forward To?   Movies You're Looking Forward To? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 12:23 pm

Eyesore wrote:

The entire audience was laughing out loud quite a bit. My kids really enjoyed it. I guess if you are a Simpsons fan, the movie won't disappoint.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: Movies You're Looking Forward To?   Movies You're Looking Forward To? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 1:01 pm

I am looking forward to it as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: Movies You're Looking Forward To?   Movies You're Looking Forward To? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 1:02 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Very crazy. You've never even watched half an episode?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Movies You're Looking Forward To?   Movies You're Looking Forward To? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 4:15 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

The entire audience was laughing out loud quite a bit. My kids really enjoyed it. I guess if you are a Simpsons fan, the movie won't disappoint.

Awww man, I am DYIN' to see the Simpsons movie... but my wife is still in the hospital with our newborn and won't be home till at least Sunday...Hmmm, how much trouble do you think I'd get into if I put my four year old to bed tonight, locked him in his room, and then went to the theatre down the road to see it?? (kidding, I'm KIDDING... I would never do such a thing... MAYBE.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movies You're Looking Forward To?   Movies You're Looking Forward To? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 9:06 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Sure, I've seen bits and such, but don't recall ever watching a full episode.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Movies You're Looking Forward To?   Movies You're Looking Forward To? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 9:10 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

it's not so crazy.. most adults have no need for cartoons i would think.

PostSubject: Re: Movies You're Looking Forward To?   Movies You're Looking Forward To? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 9:48 pm

mc666 wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

it's not so crazy.. most adults have no need for cartoons i would think.
Well, this thing has been on for 20 years, so I was just a kid when it came out. I used to actually draw the characters when I was younger.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Movies You're Looking Forward To?   Movies You're Looking Forward To? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 4:41 pm

TRANSFORMERS - right now in our cinemas
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Movies You're Looking Forward To?   Movies You're Looking Forward To? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 5:39 pm

"Superbad"...cause it looks, well, you all know where I'm going with this one!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movies You're Looking Forward To?   Movies You're Looking Forward To? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 2:35 am

BEOWULF (Trailer)

This one looks good! It looks like this one has more to do with what happens after Beowulf slays Grendel. He has to deal with Grendel's mother. It has that 300/Sin City thing going one, where it look part real, part comic book.

Last edited by on Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Movies You're Looking Forward To?   Movies You're Looking Forward To? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 4:01 pm

The Bourne Ultimatum

Resident Evil (the new one)

Rush Hour 3

Last Legion (the one about excalibur)

Saw recently:

Ratatouie - It was great!
Transformers- Didnt want to see it but it was Great
Harry Potter- Awesome movie but cut alot from the book
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: Movies You're Looking Forward To?   Movies You're Looking Forward To? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 4:04 pm

Yeah, the new Potter movie did cut a lot out. Pretty sweet battle scene at the end, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies You're Looking Forward To?   Movies You're Looking Forward To? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movies You're Looking Forward To?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next