Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stryper - The Covering

Go down 
+48
metalheaded
stepcousin
Vaalwrath
mc666
Shawn Of Fire
Metalgiant
Lionheartâ„¢
Garyah
nevermore
exact33
MetalFRO
snooloui
Lurideath
wolfie
T-Roy
manny
metalhead777
Glenn Rogers
bigjtink
Olafsto
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
jerseyultifan+
ultmetal
FlyingV
DallasBlack
MetalH
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
Sutekh
Metallic Blaze
Orion Crystal Ice
Dave the Boss
powermacho
Troublezone
Lari
7thSaviour
krokus
Schbopo
akeldama
Wargod
Gilbert
Jesusandmetal23
James B.
Addy
thejokeriv
kmorg
Metal Misfit
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

Stryper - The Covering - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:04 pm

Not to mention Tim Gaines back in the picture, in more ways than one.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:14 pm

Well I just hope they can do these covers justice. When they played "Breaking the Law" here in Vegas, it wasn't very good. Glad they have the original line-up in tact though.

I could care less on what they sing about, I just care if it's good!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 5:31 pm

I havent been this excited about Stryper since like 2003 as I am about this Covers album
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 3:54 am

It's funny how all the early metal bands formed around (80-84) had the same influences but went in such different directions. Metallica, Slayer and Stryper all site Ozzy, Scorpions, Priest as some of their early influences...
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:05 pm

James B. wrote:
Not to mention Tim Gaines back in the picture, in more ways than one.
Stryper - The Covering - Page 6 11840 1,000/10
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:12 pm

Troublezone wrote:
It's funny how all the early metal bands formed around (80-84) had the same influences but went in such different directions. Metallica, Slayer and Stryper all site Ozzy, Scorpions, Priest as some of their early influences...

I doubt STRYPER were listening to VENOM, MERCYFUL FATE, MOTORHEAD, or DIAMOND HEAD ... which were METALLICA's main influences.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:24 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I doubt STRYPER were listening to VENOM, MERCYFUL FATE, MOTORHEAD, or DIAMOND HEAD ... which were METALLICA's main influences.

I didn't name all of their influences of coarse. I just named some of the obvious that influenced more of the lead guitar. Randy Rhoads, Michael Schenker and Tipton and Downing. Kerry King even said that his first guitar heros were Van Halen and Rhoads.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:27 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Why do you think the Stryper guys did not listen to those bands?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:49 pm

S wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Oz Fox got his nickname in high school when other kids said he did a great impression of Ozzy while performing Sabbath songs with his band. Sabbath weren't exactly Christian friendly lyrics yet they were still an influence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:57 pm

Troublezone wrote:
S wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Oz Fox got his nickname in high school when other kids said he did a great impression of Ozzy while performing Sabbath songs with his band. Sabbath weren't exactly Christian friendly lyrics yet they were still an influence.

Right. The Stryper guys were a band with songs before they became Christians and changed all thier lyrics...they weren't Christians from birth with mainly Christian influences...I'm sure they were normal Metalheads/musicians for thier time/surroundings...I see no reason to think they didn't listen to bands like Diamond Head and Mercyful Fate...I don't know that they did or did not...I just don't see how it can be assumed that they didn't.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 2:18 pm

S wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
S wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Right. The Stryper guys were a band with songs before they became Christians and changed all thier lyrics...they weren't Christians from birth with mainly Christian influences...I'm sure they were normal Metalheads/musicians for thier time/surroundings...I see no reason to think they didn't listen to bands like Diamond Head and Mercyful Fate...I don't know that they did or did not...I just don't see how it can be assumed that they didn't.

I'm sure it's probable that they did listen to Diamond Head or Mercyful Fate but i think Venom was a little too crude fore their style. It's not like they're going to go around telling everyone what evil bands they used to like before they were Christians.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 2:23 pm

Troublezone wrote:
S wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
S wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I'm sure it's probable that they did listen to Diamond Head or Mercyful Fate but i think Venom was a little too crude fore their style. It's not like they're going to go around telling everyone what evil bands they used to like before they were Christians.

Right...but with the new covers album, they kinda are... Stryper - The Covering - Page 6 Lol
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 2:32 pm

S wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
S wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
S wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Right...but with the new covers album, they kinda are... Stryper - The Covering - Page 6 Lol

I don't think the particular songs they are choosing are bad per se. No one really thinks about the real meaning behind songs like Blackout or whatever... They're just a bunch of fun songs that people know from the heyday of 80's metal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 4:12 pm

Troublezone wrote:
S wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
S wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
S wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I don't think the particular songs they are choosing are bad per se. No one really thinks about the real meaning behind songs like Blackout or whatever... They're just a bunch of fun songs that people know from the heyday of 80's metal.

Oh I know that...I was just attempting to be funny...FAIL! Ha!
Back to top Go down
jerseyultifan+
Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 5:06 pm

as a promotional manager to Ultimatum,michael,i know exactly where you are comming from! we heard the samething bout our latest release "Lex Metalis"! the songs that were chosen were ones the band grew up listening to.we hadnt changed our faith or turned our back on it..just a fun cd..lettin the hair down and headbanging to some old but,goodies! you have my support and that of Ultimatum.many blessings and gods best with the new cd! god knows your hearts and motivation and i know you will honor him and he can use this music too.you have our prayers and encouragement.all his best always,sherri ross promotional manager to UltimatumStryper - The Covering - Page 6 Happy

my post on michael's blog...below is scott's comment

Ultimatum just released an album of covers similar to this last year called Lex Metalis. We've taken some heat over it too, but frankly, I don't care. We are not out to please every Tom, Dick and Harry with an opinion. We have not turned our back on our faith. It's about pleasing our Heavenly Father. I am a dad. I have a teenage son who plays in bands. I know when I see my son behind his drum kit playing his heart out, I beam with pride. The style of music my son plays is not exactly my thing, but it matters not. I still watch him perform and smile from ear to ear. I'd like to think that my Heavenly Father beams with pride at our endeavors as well. There is nothing wrong with playing some music that you enjoy. Don't let the naysayers get you down.

great minds..think alike!! Stryper - The Covering - Page 6 Lol Stryper - The Covering - Page 6 911681 Stryper - The Covering - Page 6 795291
Back to top Go down
http://www.roweproductions.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:23 pm

Apparently Michael Sweet has been revealing the name of one new song per day via his Twitter account ...this is the most recent update (stolen from their Facebook page)

Breaking the Law - Judas Priest
Over the Mountain - Ozzy Osbourne
The Trooper - Iron Maiden
Blackout - Scorpions
Set Me Free - Sweet
On Fire - Van Halen
Highway Star - Deep Purple
GOD - Stryper (new original)
Heaven and Hell - Black Sabbath (!!)

I am VERY interested to hear their take on "Heaven and Hell"....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:42 pm

Wow, I'm way interested to hear "Heaven and Hell" too. This album is looking better by the day!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:29 am

See covers can be fun Smile
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:46 am

Cool list...
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:53 am

I feel a KISS song comin' Stryper - The Covering - Page 6 201269 Along the lines of "Flamin' Youth" , "Strange Ways" or something from side 4 of Alive II. Is it, 1)wishful thinkin' 2)inside knowledge or 3)plain insanity i.e never gonna happen ?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 9:06 am

James B. wrote:
I feel a KISS song comin' Stryper - The Covering - Page 6 201269 Along the lines of "Flamin' Youth" , "Strange Ways" or something from side 4 of Alive II. Is it, 1)wishful thinkin' 2)inside knowledge or 3)plain insanity i.e never gonna happen ?

Yeah, they are going to "Rocket Ride"
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 9:09 am

thejokeriv wrote:
James B. wrote:

I was thinkin more along the lines of "Larger Than Life" or 'All American Man"

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 9:25 am

James B. wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
James B. wrote:

Or "Plaster Caster"...
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:01 am

S wrote:
James B. wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
James B. wrote:

Or "Plaster Caster"...

Makin' Love?
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:08 am

I usually don't bother with cover albums and I'm not a huge Stryper fan, but I'm really interested in their takes on these songs. I'll probably pick this up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stryper - The Covering
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next