Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stryper - The Covering

Go down 
+48
metalheaded
stepcousin
Vaalwrath
mc666
Shawn Of Fire
Metalgiant
Lionheartâ„¢
Garyah
nevermore
exact33
MetalFRO
snooloui
Lurideath
wolfie
T-Roy
manny
metalhead777
Glenn Rogers
bigjtink
Olafsto
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
jerseyultifan+
ultmetal
FlyingV
DallasBlack
MetalH
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
Sutekh
Metallic Blaze
Orion Crystal Ice
Dave the Boss
powermacho
Troublezone
Lari
7thSaviour
krokus
Schbopo
akeldama
Wargod
Gilbert
Jesusandmetal23
James B.
Addy
thejokeriv
kmorg
Metal Misfit
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

Stryper - The Covering - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 1:40 pm

Interesting. As soon as I pop the CD in I start off with The Trooper every time. I think it kicks.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 9:40 pm

Personally, I find no weak spot at all on this one.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 9:43 pm

I could not find ANY Stryper albums at Dimple.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 10:11 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Personally, I find no weak spot at all on this one.

The only song they don't shine on is Ozzy's Over the Mountain. They slowed down the rhythm tempo and do a gallop instead of the way Randy Rhoads played it... I think it changed the song too much.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 10:06 am

chewie wrote:

The one on Arden had them in the "Religious" section bro.

I picked it up at WalyWorld for half a Jackson headbanger

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 1:36 pm

James B. wrote:
chewie wrote:

The one on Arden had them in the "Religious" section bro.

I picked it up at WalyWorld for half a Jackson headbanger

Thanks James...... That is the Dimple that I was at at the time. Next time "Religious" section. I'll try WalyWorld since it is about a mile away.
Back to top Go down
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 12:52 pm

Stopped at FYE yesterday, and they want $14.99. I'll try to hit Walmart in the next few days, as I believe they only want $10.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 12:59 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Cool review - the only track I though was lacking was 'Shout It Out Loud', they could have done it better.

It is a little annoying to hear Michael repeatedly singing the "You've got to have a party" line in the wrong places Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 10:41 am

Waylon wrote:
Stopped at FYE yesterday, and they want $14.99. I'll try to hit Walmart in the next few days, as I believe they only want $10.

Good luck. I've struck out finding it at FYE, Walmart and Target.

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 10:52 am

It's funny,I'm not interested in this in the least and,after seeing the trouble some are having finding it, I decided to check Best Buy's website for availability around me. Turns out it's at the one only about 6 miles from my work. Go figure.
Back to top Go down
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 1:00 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Waylon wrote:

Good luck. I've struck out finding it at FYE, Walmart and Target.

Both Walmatrs here had it, but are out... I will hopefully be able to pick it up sometime this week when they are to get it back in.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 1:44 pm

Why don't you guys just order it online? I don't rely on big box stores for any of my music, every CD that enters this house has been ordered online. Amazon Marketplace usually has some pretty good prices and you can get it new or used.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 2:22 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Why don't you guys just order it online? I don't rely on big box stores for any of my music, every CD that enters this house has been ordered online. Amazon Marketplace usually has some pretty good prices and you can get it new or used.

They gots music on teh inter-webs now? Well, golly-gee. Cut off my legs and call me Shorty.

Seriously people, lighten up. I just happened to be in Walmart and Target with the family. Instead of oogling the bra & panties in the teen miss department (which management apparently frowns upon), I usually wander in the music sections just to see what's doin'. I rarely find anything worthwhile these days, but it beats standing around, guarding a purse while my wife decides which brand of toothpaste is the better bargain.

Same goes for FYE. I'm in there to browse around and dumpster dive the used sections. I'm looking around for anything of interest. Stryper seems to be MIA.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 12:28 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:

To avoid paying S&H obviously! Wink
Back to top Go down
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 12:34 pm

OK. FINALLY picked this up at Walmart Saturday... and I am LOVING this disc! The only thing I would change would be a different Scorps song. Besides that, I am TOTALLY enjoying it! headbanger
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 11:00 pm

Waylon wrote:
The only thing I would change would be a different Scorps song. Besides that, I am TOTALLY enjoying it! headbanger

the tempo is "off" enough to make one do this surprised

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stryper - The Covering
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12