Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stryper - The Covering

Go down 
+48
metalheaded
stepcousin
Vaalwrath
mc666
Shawn Of Fire
Metalgiant
Lionheartâ„¢
Garyah
nevermore
exact33
MetalFRO
snooloui
Lurideath
wolfie
T-Roy
manny
metalhead777
Glenn Rogers
bigjtink
Olafsto
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
jerseyultifan+
ultmetal
FlyingV
DallasBlack
MetalH
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
Sutekh
Metallic Blaze
Orion Crystal Ice
Dave the Boss
powermacho
Troublezone
Lari
7thSaviour
krokus
Schbopo
akeldama
Wargod
Gilbert
Jesusandmetal23
James B.
Addy
thejokeriv
kmorg
Metal Misfit
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:48 am

ultmetal wrote:

However, I'm not sure how I feel about a Christian band covering secular songs. It just doesn't sound right to me.

Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 Icon_razz

Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
jerseyultifan+
Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:54 am

ultmetal wrote:
Someone over at the CMR suggested Fight the Good Fight by Triumph. That sounds like a perfect song for them.

However, I'm not sure how I feel about a Christian band covering secular songs. It just doesn't sound right to me.

somehow,i agree with you,ult,what about a promomang.that goes out of her way to support and encourage such a band??? just asking! lol! Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 201269

i can really hear michael singing the Triumph tune! was always a favorite of mine!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roweproductions.com
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:58 am

I think a covers album will be cool.I'm actually relieved because when they said something they've never done before I was thinking the worst.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:16 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
I think a covers album will be cool.I'm actually relieved because when they said something they've never done before I was thinking the worst.

A covers album would probably be the only thing that would get me interested in a Stryper album.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:19 am

kmorg wrote:
S wrote:
kmorg wrote:
I hope they don't cover Iron Maiden......

Why? You can hear the influence in the guitar harmonies...especially in "The Reign"...

Sure, I can see how Maiden influenced Stryper. I just don't think tey'll do a good job on any of their songs.

I remember years ago, Stryper said "The Way" off of TO HELL WITH THE DEVIL was their own little salute to Iron Maiden. I guess they thought that song sounded like Maiden. I never thought so personally, but whatever floats ya boat.

I'm with Kmorg on this -- I can't think of any Maiden songs that would really work well in a "Stryperized" format....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:49 am

ultmetal wrote:
Someone over at the CMR suggested Fight the Good Fight by Triumph. That sounds like a perfect song for them.

Razz
Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 1:14 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
kmorg wrote:
S wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Why? You can hear the influence in the guitar harmonies...especially in "The Reign"...

Sure, I can see how Maiden influenced Stryper. I just don't think tey'll do a good job on any of their songs.

I remember years ago, Stryper said "The Way" off of TO HELL WITH THE DEVIL was their own little salute to Iron Maiden. I guess they thought that song sounded like Maiden. I never thought so personally, but whatever floats ya boat.

I'm with Kmorg on this -- I can't think of any Maiden songs that would really work well in a "Stryperized" format....

I could see them pulling off Wicker Man.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 1:21 pm

Actually Wicker Man is an exact riff from an old Stryper song. Check out "Makes Me Wanna Sing" off of Soldiers Under Command. Same riff.

Last edited by ultmetal on Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 1:22 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Actually Wicker Man is an exact riff from an old Stryper song. Check out "Makes Me Wanna Sing" off of Soldiers Under Command. Same riff.

Never noticed that but now that you've mentioned it, I can sorta see the resemblance. I'm gonna have to play both of'em back to back now.

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 1:23 pm

Just posted 'em both.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 1:25 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
kmorg wrote:
S wrote:
kmorg wrote:

I could see them pulling off Wicker Man.

Or Number of the beast Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 Icon_lol .
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 1:25 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Just posted 'em both.

That'll work. Thanx. Razz

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 1:40 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Razz
Laughing very hard

I predict that I will not be impressed by the songwriting...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 1:46 pm

S wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Razz
Laughing very hard

I predict that I will not be impressed by the songwriting...

lol!

Metal novice
Metal novice
bigjtink

Number of posts : 73

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 1:48 pm

Oz is playing in a cover band when he is not on the road with Stryper so, yeah, makes sense.
Back to top Go down
jerseyultifan+
Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 2:06 pm

wow! careful ear you have scott.never thought about that..but,when you listen to both back to back as you posted.one can pick it up immmediately! txs!

now about that band that put out that cd that has attrached so much attention..you know the one.."Lex Metalis"? Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 Lol Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 795291
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 2:18 pm

jerseyultifan+ wrote:
wow! careful ear you have scott.never thought about that..but,when you listen to both back to back as you posted.one can pick it up immmediately! txs!

now about that band that put out that cd that has attrached so much attention..you know the one.."Lex Metalis"? Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 Lol Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 795291

Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 YouInLoveCB-6
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 2:20 pm

S wrote:

Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 YouInLoveCB-6

Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 201269 Sally: "Isn't he the cutest thing?"
Linus: "I AM NOT YOUR SWEET BABBOO!"

Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 5:18 pm

bigjtink wrote:
Oz is playing in a cover band when he is not on the road with Stryper so, yeah, makes sense.

I thought Oz was in Bloodgood when not with Stryper? Did he back out of that?

Anyway - a cover album by Stryper does sound good. I still haven't bought "Murder by Pride" yet though. I guess I should pick it up sometime.
Back to top Go down
bigjtink
Metal novice
Metal novice
bigjtink

Number of posts : 73

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 5:21 pm

He is still with Bloodgood.... I guess.... But they are not very active. The cover band pays the bills.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 pm

bigjtink wrote:
He is still with Bloodgood.... I guess.... But they are not very active. The cover band pays the bills.

That's too bad. Bloodgood promised a new album 3 years ago - and never delivered. I guess something must've come up.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 6:45 pm

If I knew it was going to be a cover album, I would have never bothered making a thread! Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 Icon_lol

Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Laughing very hard

I don't get it. Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 Suspect

Oh wait....
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 6:53 pm

He's a little known fact...Katon W Depena use to rodie for them before they were Stryper...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
jerseyultifan+
Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 7:44 pm

ah..come on you guys,you are so not funny! just supporting the band! you guys have like zero sense of humor..my b/f would get the biggest kick outta the cartoon..thats me and him to a "t"!
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:10 pm

This has the potential to be a really cool idea. I'm looking forward to hear them covering their influences. It will bring them out of the Christian niche a bit more too (and doubtless have plenty of critics on both sides of the fence).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stryper - The Covering
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next