Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stryper - The Covering

Go down 
+48
metalheaded
stepcousin
Vaalwrath
mc666
Shawn Of Fire
Metalgiant
Lionheartâ„¢
Garyah
nevermore
exact33
MetalFRO
snooloui
Lurideath
wolfie
T-Roy
manny
metalhead777
Glenn Rogers
bigjtink
Olafsto
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
jerseyultifan+
ultmetal
FlyingV
DallasBlack
MetalH
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
Sutekh
Metallic Blaze
Orion Crystal Ice
Dave the Boss
powermacho
Troublezone
Lari
7thSaviour
krokus
Schbopo
akeldama
Wargod
Gilbert
Jesusandmetal23
James B.
Addy
thejokeriv
kmorg
Metal Misfit
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Stryper - The Covering - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:46 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
http://twitter.com/michaelhsweet

Confirmed so far: "Blackout", "Over the Mountain", "The Trooper", "Breaking the Law"

So they really are going to do a covers album? Hmmm, interesting.

Quote :
ToB didn't say they were wrong for doing anything. He just said it was an odd choice based on the subject matter of that particular song.

I could see how that song might ruffle a few feathers in Stryper's Christian fan base. Just the fact that they are covering secular songs altogether might upset some folks. Ultimatum can attest to that.

Indeed.

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:47 am

I just wonder what Petra song they will be doing.......
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:21 pm

The Trooper - Iron Maiden

Breaking the Law - Judas Priest

Set Me Free - Sweet

Over the Mountain - Ozzy Osbourne

Blackout - The Scorpions

On Fire - Van Halen

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:33 pm

I think this is a great idea for Stryper. I heard they have a Styx influence as well... wonder if they'll do one of their songs? This might be the most metal thing they've done since Soldiers Under Command!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:37 pm

I also see this as Stryper having a little fun with their influences. The songs do not have to be overly christian friendly... they're not going to stop being believers because they cover "Blackout". Look at Ultimatum, they are strong believers in God and did this same thing recently. A band that covers a Forbidden song could be under scrutiny as well... Last time i checked Forbidden are not pro-Christian.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:50 pm

ultmetal wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
http://twitter.com/michaelhsweet

Confirmed so far: "Blackout", "Over the Mountain", "The Trooper", "Breaking the Law"

So they really are going to do a covers album? Hmmm, interesting.

Quote :
ToB didn't say they were wrong for doing anything. He just said it was an odd choice based on the subject matter of that particular song.

I could see how that song might ruffle a few feathers in Stryper's Christian fan base. Just the fact that they are covering secular songs altogether might upset some folks. Ultimatum can attest to that.

Indeed.
BUNCHA' LONG HAIRED PAGANS!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 3:35 pm

Stryper doing an Ozzy cover that would be something to hear IMO
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 6:31 pm

Yeah, this album is really interesting me. I guess it might rekindle my flame for Stryper. I've been burnt out on them for several years now.

Been a long-time fan since 1986 though.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:25 am

Quote :
Hey Everyone,

It seems that our decision to do a cover record has pleased many people, but has upset a small number of people as well. We've never been a band to go with the flow - we've always set out to do our own thing and to do it according to how we feel led. Some agree, some disagree. It's always been this way. We didn't grow up in the church, we grew up on the streets of LA so our approach to spreading God's word doesn't always line up with how others think it should be done. The bottom line is this - we have not turned our backs on our faith or our beliefs, we just want to loosen up a bit and show our fans how we came to be musically. We we're heavily influenced by a number of bands back in the 70's and early 80's and these bands helped to shape our sound and style. This is the purpose of this record, to show you how we evolved over the years and more important - to have a little fun in the process. The band is looking forward to cutting lose a bit and performing the music we grew up with. I'm sorry to hear that there are a few negative Nancy's who believe that we're turning our back on God and our faith. This couldn't be further from the truth. The fact is that we are stronger and even more serious about our faith then we've ever been before. God knows our hearts and our motives. We don't endorse any of these bands or the message they present or their lifestyles. We just want to play some amazing songs and hopefully break down some walls and open some doors along the way. We will continue to honor God in all that we do and say and we can only hope and pray that the few of you who have expressed your disappointment will open your minds and your hearts to what God can do with this record. Let's not limit God..........

Respectfully and sincerely,

Michael

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:28 am

So in other words...he's saying "Hi everybody. Yeah, we're going to cover a bunch of secular songs and those of you that don't like it can go jump in the nearest creek. Thank you."

Michael just says it nicer than I would've.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:39 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
So in other words...he's saying "Hi everybody. Yeah, we're going to cover a bunch of secular songs and those of you that don't like it can go jump in the nearest creek. Thank you."

Basically. What else can he say? Stryper - The Covering - Page 5 505193

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:24 am

I am loving the songs they've picked to cover so far!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:26 am

He called the nay sayers "Negative Nancys". Awesome! Stryper - The Covering - Page 5 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:29 am

I can't wait for this album! I hope Oz and Mike tear it up on guitar. Stryper - The Covering - Page 5 11840
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:32 am

Troublezone wrote:
He called the nay sayers "Negative Nancys". Awesome! Stryper - The Covering - Page 5 Icon_lol
1,000,000,000/10 Stryper - The Covering - Page 5 11840
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 8:37 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Quote :
Hey Everyone,

It seems that our decision to do a cover record has pleased many people, but has upset a small number of people as well. We've never been a band to go with the flow - we've always set out to do our own thing and to do it according to how we feel led. Some agree, some disagree. It's always been this way. We didn't grow up in the church, we grew up on the streets of LA so our approach to spreading God's word doesn't always line up with how others think it should be done. The bottom line is this - we have not turned our backs on our faith or our beliefs, we just want to loosen up a bit and show our fans how we came to be musically. We we're heavily influenced by a number of bands back in the 70's and early 80's and these bands helped to shape our sound and style. This is the purpose of this record, to show you how we evolved over the years and more important - to have a little fun in the process. The band is looking forward to cutting lose a bit and performing the music we grew up with. I'm sorry to hear that there are a few negative Nancy's who believe that we're turning our back on God and our faith. This couldn't be further from the truth. The fact is that we are stronger and even more serious about our faith then we've ever been before. God knows our hearts and our motives. We don't endorse any of these bands or the message they present or their lifestyles. We just want to play some amazing songs and hopefully break down some walls and open some doors along the way. We will continue to honor God in all that we do and say and we can only hope and pray that the few of you who have expressed your disappointment will open your minds and your hearts to what God can do with this record. Let's not limit God..........

Respectfully and sincerely,

Michael

I'm just amazed that he has to say this at all. More power to them for doing what they want, and facepalms for those who still don't get it after 25 years....
Back to top Go down
wolfie
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: wow   Stryper - The Covering - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 11:49 pm

i worked for them for 8 yrs in the hay day...just got on this site messin around...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:38 am

ultmetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Basically. What else can he say? Stryper - The Covering - Page 5 505193

Seriously...Stryper don't have to answer to thier fans...they're free to do what they want to...

(See what I did thre? Yeah, I'm clever... Stryper - The Covering - Page 5 Icon_wink )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:39 am

I have to say, this is a cool update of their old costumes:

Stryper - The Covering - Page 5 133096
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:42 am

S wrote:

Yep,I agree
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:53 am

wolfie wrote:
i worked for them for 8 yrs in the hay day...just got on this site messin around...

welcome. headbanger

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:10 am

wolfie wrote:

What did you do? And welcome!

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:10 am

I havent been this psyched bout Stryper since they started doing music again in 2002/03
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:29 am

Addy wrote:
I havent been this psyched bout Stryper since they started doing music again in 2002/03
First MBP and now the covers disc! This rules! Stryper - The Covering - Page 5 11840
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:51 am

S wrote:

Yep, looks pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stryper - The Covering
Page 5 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next