Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stryper - The Covering

Go down 
+48
metalheaded
stepcousin
Vaalwrath
mc666
Shawn Of Fire
Metalgiant
Lionheartâ„¢
Garyah
nevermore
exact33
MetalFRO
snooloui
Lurideath
wolfie
T-Roy
manny
metalhead777
Glenn Rogers
bigjtink
Olafsto
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
jerseyultifan+
ultmetal
FlyingV
DallasBlack
MetalH
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
Sutekh
Metallic Blaze
Orion Crystal Ice
Dave the Boss
powermacho
Troublezone
Lari
7thSaviour
krokus
Schbopo
akeldama
Wargod
Gilbert
Jesusandmetal23
James B.
Addy
thejokeriv
kmorg
Metal Misfit
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

Stryper - The Covering - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:49 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
or maybe a THRASH album!!!!
i laughed Stryper - The Covering - Page 4 201269

but on topic. i realy hope that this turns out good.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 8:46 am

Glenn Rogers wrote:
He's a little known fact...Katon W Depena use to rodie for them before they were Stryper...

The Cypress connection

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 8:53 am

Glenn Rogers wrote:
He's a little known fact...Katon W Depena use to rodie for them before they were Stryper...

That is a cool little fact Very Happy

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 8:55 am

It can be revealed, Stryper are recording an album of Venom cover tunes.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 8:55 am

manny wrote:

I would totally pay money for that. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 11:33 am

They should re record Slayers Hell Awaits... Make Kerry King cry...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 12:22 pm

manny wrote:

That is incorrect, they are going to be doing a series of cover albums, covering entire albums. First up is Mercyful Fate's Don't Break The Oath
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 2:09 pm

Sadly, the VENOM cover album would probably sell better. Not that that is a sufficient reason to do it ....
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 10:18 pm

http://twitter.com/michaelhsweet

Confirmed so far: "Blackout", "Over the Mountain", "The Trooper", "Breaking the Law"
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 10:41 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:

Confirmed so far: "Blackout", "Over the Mountain", "The Trooper", "Breaking the Law"

Nice! Stryper - The Covering - Page 4 11840

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 11:19 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

Nice! Stryper - The Covering - Page 4 11840

Me like!!!!
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 11:35 pm

cool. Stryper - The Covering - Page 4 11840
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:46 am

"Blackout" is about being drunk and having sex with some chick and not remembering it. An odd choice for a Christian band, to say the least.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 4:39 am

NOT "THE TROOPER", NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..

Oh, well.... I'll still buy it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 11:57 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
"Blackout" is about being drunk and having sex with some chick and not remembering it. An odd choice for a Christian band, to say the least.

Stryper - The Covering - Page 4 Icon_rolleyes Here we go... Stryper - The Covering - Page 4 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:18 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

If you listen to something and watch something... What is the difference in playing it onstage or recordong it in the studio ? One is the same as the other. In some manner, you are endorseing it ? correct ? If you feel that it is okay for a christian to watch a horror movie or listen to Forbidden. Then have an issue with Stryper recording a Scorpions song. I don't get it.

Have you ever seen a christian wearing a NIKE shirt ? Nike pays hundreds of millions of dollars yearly in endorsements to various pro athletes who live a lifestyle far worse than getting drunk, having sex, and forgetting the whole occurence later on.

Stryper covering Priest, Maiden, or Scorpions is no different than a church member wearing a jesey by their favorite sports team.

I am kewl with you having a personal conviction about something, but picking and choosing one's justifcations and thus, judging another, is quite lame.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:23 pm

James B. wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

If you listen to something and watch something... What is the difference in playing it onstage or recordong it in the studio ? One is the same as the other. In some manner, you are endorseing it ? correct ? If you feel that it is okay for a christian to watch a horror movie or listen to Forbidden. Then have an issue with Stryper recording a Scorpions song. I don't get it.

Have you ever seen a christian wearing a NIKE shirt ? Nike pays hundreds of millions of dollars yearly in endorsements to various pro athletes who live a lifestyle far worse than getting drunk, having sex, and forgetting the whole occurence later on.

Stryper covering Priest, Maiden, or Scorpions is no different than a church member wearing a jesey by their favorite sports team.

I am kewl with you having a personal conviction about something, but picking and choosing one's justifcations and thus, judging another, is quite lame.

Excellent post!!!!!

ToB - Don't you listen to some of those bands?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:51 pm

ToB didn't say they were wrong for doing anything. He just said it was an odd choice based on the subject matter of that particular song.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 2:02 pm

Just lock the thread, Ult. It's not going to get any better. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 2:29 pm

Nah, it's not out of hand. Just a peaceful discussion.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 3:46 pm

ultmetal wrote:
ToB didn't say they were wrong for doing anything. He just said it was an odd choice based on the subject matter of that particular song.

That may be possible, but going by the flavor of the majority of his posts. I went there. I perhaps may have jumped the gun. If I offended anybody, forgive me. Regardless. I stand by my opinion on the subject.

Laterz

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:34 pm

I agree with James. Sounded a bit judgmental to me.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:26 am

Metal Misfit wrote:

So they really are going to do a covers album? Hmmm, interesting.

Quote :

I could see how that song might ruffle a few feathers in Stryper's Christian fan base. Just the fact that they are covering secular songs altogether might upset some folks. Ultimatum can attest to that.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:34 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
"Over the Mountain",

Hoo boy. I can hear the more, shall we say, "sheltered" portions of their fan base going ballistic already. "They're doin' an OZZY OSBOURNE song? But...but... he eats people! EEEEEK! Run away, run away!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:46 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
"Over the Mountain",

Hoo boy. I can hear the more, shall we say, "sheltered" portions of their fan base going ballistic already. "They're doin' an OZZY OSBOURNE song? But...but... he eats people! EEEEEK! Run away, run away!"

Imagine if Stryper decided to cover 'Flying High Again' or 'Mr. Cowley' or 'Suicide Solution'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Covering   Stryper - The Covering - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stryper - The Covering
Page 4 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next