Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!

Go down 
+83
Dark Horseman
journeyman
vgmaster9
springozzy
Big Rich
Dellocatus
Andy
Wurthless
Wayne
adrian
skullkrusher
Mordor
DallasBlack
Shawn Of Fire
Rostov
ultmetal
metallicleora
Joe
HeavyMetalMerchant
chewie
Planchaaaa
Approval Guy
kmorg
tul
Zdan
Rex
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
exact33
Wargod
the sentinel
Addy
Alex Dee Rokket
Grimmo
scottmitchell74
Metalgiant
Troublezone
TheDoctor'sScarf
Lionheartâ„¢
QuothTheRaven
sheets
iamrockerfun
Jesusandmetal23
JDC
XYZ
metalken
powermacho
dirtracin1
FossilPiss
A Handful of Wayne
mez
INVADERS
MEGATRON
Lurideath
ZetaReticuli
Orion Crystal Ice
AchrisK
Gilbert
Lari
TheGooch
Sutekh
Metal Misfit
James B.
Required Fields
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Glenn Rogers
snooloui
Dave the Boss
MoonChild
Metallic Blaze
ryanmetalman
mr.electric39
Defender71
Schbopo
Mglaffas81
manny
7thSaviour
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 5:13 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
"Sign of the Cross" is one of their best songs ever, with Blaze or Bruce.

It is a great song but I did not fully appreciate it til I heard the live version with Bruce

Agreed - the version with Blaze sounds like a demo compared to RiR. Listen to both back to back, RiR blows the album version away!

I actually do not hate X Factor but maybe that is it jokerman, the production was so dry that the album sounded more like a demo.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 5:16 pm

Cool note form Rod Smallwood (band manager with an unfortunate name) - looks like the price will be the same as a single disc and the comp is aimed at new fans - plus the artwork will be available for free download.

The Best Of... A Note From Rod
Published: March 15, 2011

As you will have read from our press release (click here to read), this latest Best Of CD selection is aimed primarily at Maiden's ever-growing army of new fans. As we travel round the World touring we find ourselves continually and pleasantly surprised at the number of new young fans who are coming to the shows . So, as with Somewhere Back In Time, this compilation is an introduction to these guys and others, of Maiden's recording history. SBIT was a single album with 15 tracks covering the first 10 years, 1980-1990, and seven studio albums. This compilation covers a similar number of albums (8 in fact), but as many of the tracks from this era are of a much longer duration, we felt we needed more space. So we have made it a double album set, however we'll be keeping the price the same as a single album would be. In this later period many songs were getting generally longer and more complex so this gave us room to include epics like When the Wild Wind Blows, Paschendale, For The Greater Good Of God and Sign of the Cross to name but a few.

As before, we are conscious of giving value for money so we have crammed a total of 23 songs onto the compilation, with a total playing time of just over 2 ½ hours, which is all we can get onto 2 discs! We also know that many of you enjoy collecting all the various Eddie artworks, so we will, as with previous compilations of this nature, ensure that the front and back CD artwork is made available free to you to print, closer to the album's release date. Keep checking the website for full details of when the art will be available to download.

The Final Frontier World Tour 2011 is well underway now, and, as you all know, sadly the 2 shows in Tokyo were cancelled due to the tragic and catastrophic current circumstances in Japan, with Ed Force One being diverted to Nagoya just prior to its landing in Tokyo. Now we're on our way to Mexico and South America, where we'll be filming the shows in Argentina and Chile for a DVD release later this year. More details to follow about that soon. We finish this leg with a show in Puerto Rico and two shows in Florida after which the band will have a well-earned rest for a few weeks before we resume the tour a lot closer to home in Europe, rounding off with the UK Arena tour. This tour has been a very special one for the band, not least because of the opportunity to play to fans in countries we'd never visited before: Singapore, Indonesia and Korea. As Steve remarked "The tour has been amazing so far and we've been overwhelmed by the reaction from our fans everywhere. We are now on our way to Mexico and South America which the whole band is very excited about! We really enjoy playing there as the fans are so passionate and we always feel a huge responsibility to put on the best show we possibly can for them. For this tour we have a great set list, a brand new stage show, and of course Eddie!. This leg of the tour ends with two shows in Florida in April, , then we'll be taking a short break before a series of Summer headline Festival and Stadium shows in Europe, finishing up with our first UK Arena tour in many years. It's a great way to round off what has been an incredible time for Maiden these last few years. We are really looking forward to seeing all our loyal fans again and welcoming all the new ones!"

And on behalf of myself and the rest of the band too, we very much look forward to seeing you when we land in a city near you!

All the best,
Rod
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 6:56 pm

On another note, I finally got a copy of Fear of the Dark the other day and am loving it! \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 11:06 pm

Would love to see some footage of their recent Australian tour on there, headlining the Soundwave festival. It was the first time they'd played in my home town since the World Slavery Tour!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 7:48 am

Sutekh wrote:
Would love to see some footage of their recent Australian tour on there, headlining the Soundwave festival. It was the first time they'd played in my home town since the World Slavery Tour!

Did you go to the show?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 10:31 am

While I'd normally tell them to stick it up their collective arses for throwing yet another comp at us, this one actually looks pretty good.

I don't own any of the Blaze-era albums, so I'd be inclined to pick this up just to hear those done Bruce Bruce style.

Metal novice
Metal novice
Planchaaaa

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 2:41 pm

I don't bother with the comps - far too many. I still however, eagerly look forward to the release of all their live CDs/DVDs. They're usually fantastic.

Flight 666 was a great 'movie' - and i'm not even that much of a DVD concert fan.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 5:24 pm

Hey, you know what would be cool? Another live release from Maiden. A dvd perhaps? What a Face

Quote :

Iron Maiden are filming two upcoming shows for a DVD.

The dates are in Buenos Aires (Argentina) on April 8 and Santiago (Chile) two days later.

Blabbermouth report that bassist Steve Harris has said: “We have amazing supporters in Chile and Argentina and we want to show more of the audiences from those parts of the world. We already filmed some footage there for the Flight 666 movie, but only one song per country was used. We will now have a chance to show much more of the crowds in Chile and Argentina”.

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 6:59 pm

I've become a big fan of concert blu rays/DVDs over the past few years, as long as they don't let Steve Harris edit it (still recovering from that Death On The Road disaster) I'll buy it for sure.

My blu ray player is hooked up to my stereo and often the soundtracks on them are a much higher quality than a standard CD, so I'll just put them in to play and then turn the TV off.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 7:01 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Hey, you know what would be cool? Another live release from Maiden. A dvd perhaps? What a Face

Quote :

Iron Maiden are filming two upcoming shows for a DVD.

The dates are in Buenos Aires (Argentina) on April 8 and Santiago (Chile) two days later.

Blabbermouth report that bassist Steve Harris has said: “We have amazing supporters in Chile and Argentina and we want to show more of the audiences from those parts of the world. We already filmed some footage there for the Flight 666 movie, but only one song per country was used. We will now have a chance to show much more of the crowds in Chile and Argentina”.

O heck yay!!! I love the live DVD's/Blu Ray (Flight 666) - this new one will be awesome I bet. I love concert DVD's more so than live albums these days.

FYI - Sam Dunn is doing this one too!!!!!! He did a great job on Flight 666 (movie and concert), can't wait to see how this one turns out!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 7:01 pm

detuned wrote:
I've become a big fan of concert blu rays/DVDs over the past few years, as long as they don't let Steve Harris edit it (still recovering from that Death On The Road disaster) I'll buy it for sure.

My blu ray player is hooked up to my stereo and often the soundtracks on them are a much higher quality than a standard CD, so I'll just put them in to play and then turn the TV off.

See my above post - Sam Dunn is editing it (and directing it)
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 7:49 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Sutekh wrote:

Did you go to the show?

Drove a 1000 kilometre round trip to see Bruce and the boys. Time and money well spent!!

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 7:55 pm

detuned wrote:

I do the same thing. It's definitely going to sound better if you have a 5.1 (or higher) surround sound system too
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 9:05 pm

Sutekh wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Sutekh wrote:

Did you go to the show?

Drove a 1000 kilometre round trip to see Bruce and the boys. Time and money well spent!!

headbanger

Sweet!!!!!!!!! I heard the shows where awesome!!!!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 8:51 am

from Eddie Trunk's site:

According to the Mirror.co.uk, Pop star Lady Gaga is such a huge fan of Iron Maiden that she helped the band backstage during their Florida tour stop.

The singer appointed herself an unofficial roadie for a couple of dates of Iron Maiden's "The Final Frontier" world tour, helping out on the tour bus with chores such as ironing and serving drinks.

"It's a side to Gaga we've never seen. She is a massive Iron Maiden fan and was willing to be at their beck and call, just to hang out with her idols," a source told Mirror.co.uk.

"She was humming along to their hit 'The Number Of The Beast' while carrying out her chores. And after all her hard work backstage she was rewarded with some drinking games."

A photo of Lady Gaga with Maiden drummer Nicko McBrain backstage in Tampa, Florida on Sunday, April 17th can be seen below. She posted the picture on her Twitter profile with a caption that simply said "Sexy Beast. 666."

Lady Gaga has also appeared in photos with Anthrax drummer Charlie Benante and rock icon Alice Cooper.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 9:43 am

^^ Laughing very hard ^^

I'm just picturing Nicko or Bruce telling Lady Freakin' Gaga "Yo, Meat Dress Lady! Fetch me a beer and a donut, beeyatch!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 9:47 am

Quote :
Pop star Lady Gaga is such a huge fan of Iron Maiden that she helped the band backstage

Yea right, "helped". Is that what this kids are calling bj's these days? The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 36 209773

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 10:19 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
Pop star Lady Gaga is such a huge fan of Iron Maiden that she helped the band backstage

Yea right, "helped". Is that what this kids are calling bj's these days? The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 36 209773

LOL!!!!! Well, it appears she is big time into Metal and she is doing what she does for the cash
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 9:20 am

The band that opened in Puerto Rico, Aura Azul. These guys where really good - imagine Helloween en Espanol:

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 4:38 pm

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 36 Dickinsondoctor
Doctor Bruce Dickinson
Quote :

Bruce Dickinson has been given an honorary doctorate in music.

The Iron Maiden frontman was given this degree by Queen Mary College in London on Tuesday, July 19.

Dickinson actually got a degree in history from the same college in 1979, although he admitted during his acceptance speech that he spent half his time at the college rehearsing with his band at the time

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 6:07 pm

Thanks for the new avatar!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 6:57 pm

S.D. wrote:
Thanks for the new avatar!

Nice one Dr. S.D, the Audio Guru
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 7:09 pm

Even in a shirt and tie, Bruce still looks metal Razz.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 11:16 am

I'm seeing maiden in the uk in a couple of weeks and cannot bloomin wait.

Greatest band on the planet in my humble estimation. Will be my 15th time of seeing them and I still get as excited as if it was the first time.

I really liked the idea that they were gonna do a live album and DVD after every tour which they seemed to be doing but nothing from the matter of life and death tour which was strange. I loved the fact they played the whole album but maybe this didn't go down well with the fans so they thought a live album wouldn't sell, don't know. I thought it was a cracking album.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 11:34 am

Wayne wrote:
I'm seeing maiden in the uk in a couple of weeks and cannot bloomin wait.

Greatest band on the planet in my humble estimation. Will be my 15th time of seeing them and I still get as excited as if it was the first time.

I really liked the idea that they were gonna do a live album and DVD after every tour which they seemed to be doing but nothing from the matter of life and death tour which was strange. I loved the fact they played the whole album but maybe this didn't go down well with the fans so they thought a live album wouldn't sell, don't know. I thought it was a cracking album.

Which show are you going to? I am doing Newcastle, Sheffield, Manchester, Notingham and Birnmingham
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 36 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next