Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!

Go down 
+83
Dark Horseman
journeyman
vgmaster9
springozzy
Big Rich
Dellocatus
Andy
Wurthless
Wayne
adrian
skullkrusher
Mordor
DallasBlack
Shawn Of Fire
Rostov
ultmetal
metallicleora
Joe
HeavyMetalMerchant
chewie
Planchaaaa
Approval Guy
kmorg
tul
Zdan
Rex
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
exact33
Wargod
the sentinel
Addy
Alex Dee Rokket
Grimmo
scottmitchell74
Metalgiant
Troublezone
TheDoctor'sScarf
Lionheartâ„¢
QuothTheRaven
sheets
iamrockerfun
Jesusandmetal23
JDC
XYZ
metalken
powermacho
dirtracin1
FossilPiss
A Handful of Wayne
mez
INVADERS
MEGATRON
Lurideath
ZetaReticuli
Orion Crystal Ice
AchrisK
Gilbert
Lari
TheGooch
Sutekh
Metal Misfit
James B.
Required Fields
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Glenn Rogers
snooloui
Dave the Boss
MoonChild
Metallic Blaze
ryanmetalman
mr.electric39
Defender71
Schbopo
Mglaffas81
manny
7thSaviour
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 7:10 pm

Yeah. It's all a matter of taste anyway, Maiden evidently likes the results as they keep working with the guy.

Of course, I would have fired him the minute I heard the final mix of Dance of Death. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 8:45 pm

hahahaha It is a matter of taste really. Some things I think sound awesome other people its horrible and vice versa. To each his own. I think the drum sound on BNW is awesome. You can really hear everything that he plays which was rare.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 10:32 pm

detuned wrote:
Yeah. It's all a matter of taste anyway, Maiden evidently likes the results as they keep working with the guy.

Of course, I would have fired him the minute I heard the final mix of Dance of Death. Laughing very hard

Blame Steve Harris for that one - he liked the way that "mix" sounded in his car......

I have heard that the DTS 5.1 mix sounds much better, I don't have it, but need it Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 10:51 pm

His car stereo sucked ass.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 11:08 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
lol where were you the last 10 years? thought that album was mixed and produced great. its the next 2 that could have sounded better.

I have a terrible ear for production, usually when a lot of you guys gripe I don't really hear what's so bad about it but A Matter of Life and Death's mix was TERRIBLE. Can't say much for Dance Of Death because I don't remember it -- I gave that album about two spins before shelving it. It was boring.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:28 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
lol where were you the last 10 years? thought that album was mixed and produced great. its the next 2 that could have sounded better.

I have a terrible ear for production, usually when a lot of you guys gripe I don't really hear what's so bad about it but A Matter of Life and Death's mix was TERRIBLE. Can't say much for Dance Of Death because I don't remember it -- I gave that album about two spins before shelving it. It was boring.

I think AMOLAD mix is much better than DoD - the drums and snare sound is awesome
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 7:18 pm

New album cover:

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 19 The-fi10

Tracklist:

THE FINAL FRONTIER
1. Satellite 15....The Final Frontier 8:40
2. El Dorado 6:49
3. Mother Of Mercy 5:20
4. Coming Home 5:52
5. The Alchemist 4:29
6. Isle Of Avalon 9:06
7. Starblind 7:48
8. The Talisman 9:03
9. The Man Who Would Be King 8:28
10. When The Wild Wind Blows 10:59
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 7:24 pm

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 19 Ugh+face
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 7:43 pm

New track for free download (courtesy of Iron Maiden), of course you can't get on the site to download it! Here's a link to download the FREE song:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7VNPSR39

Single is El Dorado - here's the release from the site:

The release date for IRON MAIDEN’S new studio album THE FINAL FRONTIER is now confirmed for Monday 16th August. The new album pictured here features artwork illustrated by Melvyn Grant and, to mark the occasion, the band have made special arrangements for one new album track 'EL DORADO' to be made available Worldwide as a FREE digital download MP3 with immediate effect. Click here for your free download (US fans, please go here).
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 7:44 pm

Bruce is very uninspiring here... he's just reading the lyrics instead of singing them. I kinda like the song, but the vocals are almost a complete letdown.
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 7:46 pm

And it also sounds almost like a Dream Theater song.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 7:50 pm

I'm liking this!!!!! Can't wait to hear the rest of the album!!!!! Production sounds great too!
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 7:55 pm

just listened to it again, and you know what, it sounds like a Bruce song. I like the galloping part. The only thing I don't like is the intro, which is completely pointless, and Bruce's vocals during the verse. But the rest is not bad
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 8:08 pm

Sounds more promising than anything on their last album!
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 8:47 pm

I like the song and I will get this one for sure!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:00 pm

Absolutely loving it! So glad that these guys are still bringing us stuff, no complaints here on the song.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:27 pm

Not really feeling this....doesn't bore the crap out of me like the preceding album..but..
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:32 pm

Kevin Shirley sucks at mixing. When will they fire this guy?! I am listening to the song with earphones and I noticed a couple of GOOD parts that you can't even hear without using earphones, it's ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:33 pm

Interesting.... I don't know what to think about the album cover or the song. I like the production. Sounds a little better than the last album especially with Bruces vocals. Its Maiden so I'll be getting it when it comes out. No if's and's or but's. I'll have to keep listening to this one to get used to it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:35 pm

Can I also say the only art comparable to this new cover art is 'Dance of Death' and 'Virtual XI', both of which may actually rank above this because EDDIE CAN BE EASILY IDENTIFIED in them.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:54 pm

I love Steve's bass sound - sounds awesome on this song.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 10:15 pm

I think the cover's kinda cool. Reminds me of the 1950s E.C. horror/sci-fi comics.

Thanks for the link to the new song Joker!! I tried that damn link on Maiden's site a dozen times and was getting a whole lotta nothin'. I imagine there must be zillions of people trying to get the song right now so their servers are probably overloaded!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 10:18 pm

Its maiden - Ill get it. I kinda like the cover but its still light years ahead of DoD. I will admit though that I thought someone was pulling a joke at first glance.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 10:19 pm

I felt the same way exact did in regards to the cover, as far as the song, great song and I maybe tone deaf but I do not mind Kevin Shirley's production on this and other Maiden albums,
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 10:20 pm

Listening to the new track now....ooooooh, me thinkee me likee.... The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 19 11840

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next