Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!

Go down 
+83
Dark Horseman
journeyman
vgmaster9
springozzy
Big Rich
Dellocatus
Andy
Wurthless
Wayne
adrian
skullkrusher
Mordor
DallasBlack
Shawn Of Fire
Rostov
ultmetal
metallicleora
Joe
HeavyMetalMerchant
chewie
Planchaaaa
Approval Guy
kmorg
tul
Zdan
Rex
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
exact33
Wargod
the sentinel
Addy
Alex Dee Rokket
Grimmo
scottmitchell74
Metalgiant
Troublezone
TheDoctor'sScarf
Lionheart™
QuothTheRaven
sheets
iamrockerfun
Jesusandmetal23
JDC
XYZ
metalken
powermacho
dirtracin1
FossilPiss
A Handful of Wayne
mez
INVADERS
MEGATRON
Lurideath
ZetaReticuli
Orion Crystal Ice
AchrisK
Gilbert
Lari
TheGooch
Sutekh
Metal Misfit
James B.
Required Fields
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Glenn Rogers
snooloui
Dave the Boss
MoonChild
Metallic Blaze
ryanmetalman
mr.electric39
Defender71
Schbopo
Mglaffas81
manny
7thSaviour
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 7:49 pm

journeyman wrote:
Will the Maiden England tour end up on CD/BD? It was great to hear many of those songs live from 7th son. I'd take either the 88 tour or the latest.

I would put money that both will happen - my guess is the original Maiden England sooner than later and this tour after it is over in 2013.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 8:39 pm

I think it would be cool to package them together in a multi-disc set, that way you could compare the 88 tour with this one.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 9:01 pm

journeyman wrote:
Will the Maiden England tour end up on CD/BD? It was great to hear many of those songs live from 7th son. I'd take either the 88 tour or the latest.

that would be cool!

scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 5:41 pm

Got the computer at work to cooperate with me:

Iconic Bruce pose;

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 39 P1030274

Let him who hath understanding...

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 39 P1030279

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 39 P1030308

If this man isn't the best, I don't know who is...

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 39 P1030296

Scream for me San Antonio!!!

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 39 P1030289
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 6:14 pm

Man when 7th Son Eddie rose from behind the stage and his head lit of fire, i knew I could die in peace. What a show.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 8:00 pm

Awesome pics!!!! Here's one I took from the San Antonio show:

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 39 Img_0910
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 8:36 pm

Looks like a great time was had. They do know how to put on a show.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 3:15 pm

Awesome pictures!!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 3:51 pm

Those are some amazing pictures !
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 12:38 pm

One more from San Antonio - actually the night before the show at a pub:

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 39 78680410
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 10:36 am

Cool! How'd you arrange this?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 10:49 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Cool! How'd you arrange this?

Just happened to walk into a pub that he walked into later! Bruce and Steve were there too, shooting pool together. I didn't talk to Steve or Bruce - you could tell they just wanted to be alone with their friends. Most of the Maiden fans respected that. Janick was out talking to everyone!
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 10:56 am

headbanger headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 11:23 am

The first 8 albums are gonna be reissued on vinyl as picture discs! They look awesome!

http://www.ironmaiden.com/vinyl-picture-discs-coming-soon.html

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 2:15 pm

kmorg wrote:
The first 8 albums are gonna be reissued on vinyl as picture discs! They look awesome!

http://www.ironmaiden.com/vinyl-picture-discs-coming-soon.html

Hello poverty for me!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 2:21 pm

Cool little story from Maiden regarding their former drummer Clive Burr:

Iron Maiden continue to actively support former drummer Clive Burr in his fight against multiple sclerosis, although they want to keep quiet about it.

They’ve made a string of Clive Aid appearances in the past and helped found the Clive Burr Trust after MS began affecting his life and livelihood a decade ago, and put him in a wheelchair.

Iron bassist Steve Harris says they’ll be there whenever they’re needed by the man who played on the band’s first three albums.

He tells SamaritanMag.com: “We’ve been involved with stuff over the years. A lot of people make a big publicity thing out of it, but we don’t, so I’d rather not say.

Our old drummer Clive has MS so we started the Clive Burr Trust. Another friend of mine, Ralph, has got it too – he’s in a wheelchair. I went to school with him. He’s my oldest friend since I was five years old, so we helped him too.”

The band don’t share details of the charity, although it’s known one early Clive Aid show raised £235,000 (approximately $371,558 in U.S. dollars) and the trust has provided Burr with special medical treatment in Belgium and a customized bed and computer. Others have received cash for modified vehicles and to adapt their homes.

The website CliveAid.com is no longer running, but Harris says: “The fans know about it and they contribute to it. Every now and again we’ll do a show and just donate all the money. When we need to top it up, we do something.”

Multiple Sclerosis reduces the ability of the brain and spinal cord to communicate with each other, resulting in a wide range of potentially severe symptoms. The cause is unknown and there is no cure. Ozzy Osbourne's son Jack recently announced that he has also been diagnosed with the degenerative disease.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 10:30 am

This is a question for anyone that has the Iron Maiden En Vivo live cd, not the dvd.

Does your disc play in the computer? We got a few copies from our distributor and disc 1 will not play in computers. It either freezes up the whole system or the drive keeps spinning and spinning, looking for media. The discs play fine in a car or regular cd player. We've tried different discs, so it's not just one that's the problem. Happend with at least 3 different copies.

Just wondering if anyone else experienced this problem or we somehow got a bad batch of discs.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 10:45 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
This is a question for anyone that has the Iron Maiden En Vivo live cd, not the dvd.

Does your disc play in the computer? We got a few copies from our distributor and disc 1 will not play in computers. It either freezes up the whole system or the drive keeps spinning and spinning, looking for media. The discs play fine in a car or regular cd player. We've tried different discs, so it's not just one that's the problem. Happend with at least 3 different copies.

Just wondering if anyone else experienced this problem or we somehow got a bad batch of discs.

It worked on my computer once, when I ripped it for my I-Pod. That sounds weird!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 12:30 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Probably the promo copies sent out to reviewers, distributor are set up not to play on a computer to avoid the disc being leaked to the various blog sites, downloading, file sharing websites etc
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 12:35 pm

manny wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Probably the promo copies sent out to reviewers, distributor are set up not to play on a computer to avoid the disc being leaked to the various blog sites, downloading, file sharing websites etc

Ah, good point. I didn't think of that. That could be it. Not a big deal, just thought it was weird. Muchas gracias.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 8:02 pm

manny wrote:
Cool little story from Maiden regarding their former drummer Clive Burr:

Iron Maiden continue to actively support former drummer Clive Burr in his fight against multiple sclerosis, although they want to keep quiet about it.

They’ve made a string of Clive Aid appearances in the past and helped found the Clive Burr Trust after MS began affecting his life and livelihood a decade ago, and put him in a wheelchair.

Iron bassist Steve Harris says they’ll be there whenever they’re needed by the man who played on the band’s first three albums.

He tells SamaritanMag.com: “We’ve been involved with stuff over the years. A lot of people make a big publicity thing out of it, but we don’t, so I’d rather not say.

Our old drummer Clive has MS so we started the Clive Burr Trust. Another friend of mine, Ralph, has got it too – he’s in a wheelchair. I went to school with him. He’s my oldest friend since I was five years old, so we helped him too.”

The band don’t share details of the charity, although it’s known one early Clive Aid show raised £235,000 (approximately $371,558 in U.S. dollars) and the trust has provided Burr with special medical treatment in Belgium and a customized bed and computer. Others have received cash for modified vehicles and to adapt their homes.

The website CliveAid.com is no longer running, but Harris says: “The fans know about it and they contribute to it. Every now and again we’ll do a show and just donate all the money. When we need to top it up, we do something.”

Multiple Sclerosis reduces the ability of the brain and spinal cord to communicate with each other, resulting in a wide range of potentially severe symptoms. The cause is unknown and there is no cure. Ozzy Osbourne's son Jack recently announced that he has also been diagnosed with the degenerative disease.

kudos to them for doing things the right way.

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 4:29 pm

You know what? I am done listening to other people about albums. I picked up "Dance Of Death" today, not expecting much because I've always heard it was weak, boring, etc. I was just grabbing it for the Maiden catalog.

But DAMN! I gotta say, this is good! I am really digging it! How anyone could think this was even close to being a poor album is off their rocker! Lots of energy, Bruce sounds great and I love the melodies!!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 4:41 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
You know what? I am done listening to other people about albums. I picked up "Dance Of Death" today, not expecting much because I've always heard it was weak, boring, etc. I was just grabbing it for the Maiden catalog.

But DAMN! I gotta say, this is good! I am really digging it! How anyone could think this was even close to being a poor album is off their rocker! Lots of energy, Bruce sounds great and I love the melodies!!

Agree - always loved it!!!! While I think the other post-reunion albums are better, it's still a great album!!! Especially the deep tracks Age Of Innocence and Face In The Sand. And love the title track (which works incredibly well live) I think the weakest track is Wildest Dreams, but still a great album!

I think it doesn't get as much love because most people rate it below the classic seven and the other post-reunion albums.... but ahead of No Prayer/Fear and the blaze albums. But, a low ranked Maiden album is still better than many bands best efforts!
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 4:53 pm

I still have not heard a note beyond Brave New World. I love that album, but for some reason have just never picked up anthing after it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 2:23 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Agree - always loved it!!!! While I think the other post-reunion albums are better, it's still a great album!!! Especially the deep tracks Age Of Innocence and Face In The Sand. And love the title track (which works incredibly well live) I think the weakest track is Wildest Dreams, but still a great album!

I think it doesn't get as much love because most people rate it below the classic seven and the other post-reunion albums.... but ahead of No Prayer/Fear and the blaze albums. But, a low ranked Maiden album is still better than many bands best efforts!

Yeah, i agree with both of you guys. A very good record and I actually like it more than Brave New World. Age of Innocence is a classic Maiden track as is No More Lies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next