Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!

Go down 
+83
Dark Horseman
journeyman
vgmaster9
springozzy
Big Rich
Dellocatus
Andy
Wurthless
Wayne
adrian
skullkrusher
Mordor
DallasBlack
Shawn Of Fire
Rostov
ultmetal
metallicleora
Joe
HeavyMetalMerchant
chewie
Planchaaaa
Approval Guy
kmorg
tul
Zdan
Rex
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
exact33
Wargod
the sentinel
Addy
Alex Dee Rokket
Grimmo
scottmitchell74
Metalgiant
Troublezone
TheDoctor'sScarf
Lionheartâ„¢
QuothTheRaven
sheets
iamrockerfun
Jesusandmetal23
JDC
XYZ
metalken
powermacho
dirtracin1
FossilPiss
A Handful of Wayne
mez
INVADERS
MEGATRON
Lurideath
ZetaReticuli
Orion Crystal Ice
AchrisK
Gilbert
Lari
TheGooch
Sutekh
Metal Misfit
James B.
Required Fields
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Glenn Rogers
snooloui
Dave the Boss
MoonChild
Metallic Blaze
ryanmetalman
mr.electric39
Defender71
Schbopo
Mglaffas81
manny
7thSaviour
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 3:52 pm

I'll probably pick up the live Blu-ray as I'm looking to get more of these. I was going to pickup the Flight 666 Blu-ray, but the price has rocketed since release.
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 5:55 am

Cool, I'll be checking it out. The release of a live album by Iron Maiden usually means there will be a new studio album the following year, if their last three live albums are anything to go by. Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 11:07 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I get why bands like Iron Maiden & Rush do this...

- they're known as phenomenal live acts
- long history of trading bootlegs
- long history period
- massive, worldwide audience

Document everything, amass the archives, leave a monstrous legacy.

yep. Helloween are another band who has a bootleg catalog a mile long...

Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 11:46 am

I'll definitely be picking up the Blu-ray. The only other live Maiden DVD I own is Live After Death. I guess it's time for a new one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 8:13 pm

I'll get the blue ray, which is less than the cd? I like listening to live concerts. They can sometimes have an energy that can push the songs, plus the mix / order of the songs is usually cool. I'll probably end up getting the CD as well depending on how good the blue ray is.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 8:50 pm

wmcollis wrote:
I'll get the blue ray, which is less than the cd? I like listening to live concerts. They can sometimes have an energy that can push the songs, plus the mix / order of the songs is usually cool. I'll probably end up getting the CD as well depending on how good the blue ray is.

Bluray will sound much better than the CD, they always do! I;ll be buying the CD to complete the CD collection....
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 7:03 am

Iron Maiden is still my favorite band of all time! UP THE IRONS!\m/
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 1:38 pm

http://www.bravewords.com/news/185265

ROD SMALLWOOD Counts Down His Top Ten IRON MAIDEN Songs From The '80s - Number Of The Beast: #10

Hot Flashes

Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2012 at 10:40:46 EST

North American fans are poised to witness a massive visit from British metal icons IRON MAIDEN. And it's another vital history lesson. The Maiden England World Tour will closely mirror, in terms of production and content, the original 1988 concert video of the same name, shot on the Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son Tour. This opening section of the World Tour is the band’s most extensive visit to North America for many years and marks the third chapter in the History of Iron Maiden, a journey which began in 2004 with The Early Days DVD and subsequent 2005 Early Days Tour. Part Two followed in 2008 with the Live After Death DVD - the seminal 1984 concert recorded at Los Angeles' Long Beach Arena during the World Slavery Tour - and the band embarking on their groundbreaking Somewhere Back In Time World Tour 2008/9, which saw them play to over two million fans in almost 40 countries.

To help celebrate the Maiden England World North American Tour 2012, we are honoured with the presence of legendary Iron Maiden manager ROD SMALLWOOD who will fittingly take us on his own private history lesson as he talks about his Top Ten Iron Maiden Songs From The '80s. In no particular order, let's take a look back when Eddie ruled the '80s!

Says Rod Smallwood: "These are my favourite ten Maiden tracks, in no particular order, which have been selected from the 1980s as this is the period the Maiden England tour is covering. At the time of writing the band are rehearsing for the tour. All systems go! Here are my favourite tracks from the '80s for a variety of reasons."

Rod Smallwood's Top Ten Iron Maiden Songs From The '80s

#10: 'Prowler' (1981)

Rod Smallwood: "This is a wonderful song. I include it as one of my favourites because it's the first Iron Maiden track I ever heard. When I first got the tape, which was from Basement Studio - and which eventually became The Soundhouse Tapes - it was via a rugby mate of mine who was working with Steve Harris at the time and I was given it to listen to along the lines of: 'Rod. A mate at work has a band. Do you wanna hear the demos?' I took it home, put the tape in the deck and the first song that came up was 'Prowler'. Being a heavy rock fan in the middle of the punk rock era (I grew up listening to DEEP PURPLE, LED ZEPPELIN, THE WHO etc...) it was very refreshing to hear something with so much manic energy. The Tapes went on to be the #1 requested music at The Soundhouse, a legendary rock club in London run by a DJ called Neal Kay. So it's always going to be a memorable song in my life as it alerted me to Iron Maiden and how very different they sounded to everything else going on at that time."

Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 5:47 pm

8 days until I see Maiden and Alice Cooper!!

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 38 604261 headbanger The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 38 754598 The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 38 499945 happy The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 38 395375 angry grim reaper Happy The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 38 47715 :glee: :flames: :weight:
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 9:43 pm

Big Rich wrote:
8 days until I see Maiden and Alice Cooper!!

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 38 604261 headbanger The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 38 754598 The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 38 499945 happy The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 38 395375 angry grim reaper Happy The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 38 47715 :glee: :flames: :weight:

headbanger

I am starting this tour with Charlotte and Atlanta \m/
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 10:16 pm

We should say hi in Atlanta bro.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 10:20 pm

Big Rich wrote:
We should say hi in Atlanta bro.

Yep - will PM you info on where the Maiden Fan Club is meeting up prior to the show, I;ll be there!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 11:13 pm

Just watched En Vivo again last night and it's an excellent concert blu-ray release. I like the use of split screen, overall a nicely put together film...the editing is a little hectic but still in the tolerable range. Great performance as well. The audio on the blu-ray is MUCH better than the CD version I heard.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 8:33 am

S.D. wrote:
Just watched En Vivo again last night and it's an excellent concert blu-ray release. I like the use of split screen, overall a nicely put together film...the editing is a little hectic but still in the tolerable range. Great performance as well. The audio on the blu-ray is MUCH better than the CD version I heard.

Very cool - I completed agree that the audio is MUCH better!!!!

I love how the Chilean crowd goes nuts during Dance of Death then turns it up a notch when Trooper kicks in! I am glad they left the whole streamer in the lights then in the film and didn't edit it out
Back to top Go down
springozzy
Metal master
Metal master
springozzy

Number of posts : 866

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:11 pm

Iron Maiden Playlist From last night
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iron-maiden/2012/verizon-wireless-amphitheatre-charlotte-nc-6bdf1ea6.html
Back to top Go down
vgmaster9
Metal novice
Metal novice
vgmaster9

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 12:25 am

I first discovered Iron Maiden when I was 14 while seeing the commercial album for Edward the Great. Shortly after, I heard much of their work. Truly an amazing band, they're among the heavy metal greats up with Judas Priest, Motorhead, and Black Sabbath (we can probably say those are the big four of heavy metal).
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 10:54 am

Atlanta details - I will be at:

The Bullpen from 12:30 onwards:

735 Pollard Boulevard, Atlanta, Georgia 30315
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 8:00 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Sorry I missed you. Didn't log on all last week. What a show.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 8:16 pm

Big Rich wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Sorry I missed you. Didn't log on all last week. What a show.

No worries!!! What a GREAT show!!!!!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 12:59 pm

Got back from the SA show yesterday. My first Maiden show ever. I'm so happy I chose this one, as the newest song they played was 20 years old! They played up through Fear of the Dark, but nothing newer.

Photos forthcoming!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:05 pm

Glad you enjoyed the show. I like the recent Iron Maiden albums so if I saw them again I'd rather go on a different tour, I saw them on the Powerslave and Somewhere In Time tours so I'm happy with the memory of those.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 4:00 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Got back from the SA show yesterday. My first Maiden show ever. I'm so happy I chose this one, as the newest song they played was 20 years old! They played up through Fear of the Dark, but nothing newer.

Photos forthcoming!

Awesome show and GREAT crowd!!!!
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 5:52 pm

Maiden tonight. First time seeing them.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 10:27 pm

journeyman wrote:
Maiden tonight. First time seeing them.

The Dallas show? That was AWESOME!!!
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 5:38 pm

Will the Maiden England tour end up on CD/BD? It was great to hear many of those songs live from 7th son. I'd take either the 88 tour or the latest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next