Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!

Go down 
+83
Dark Horseman
journeyman
vgmaster9
springozzy
Big Rich
Dellocatus
Andy
Wurthless
Wayne
adrian
skullkrusher
Mordor
DallasBlack
Shawn Of Fire
Rostov
ultmetal
metallicleora
Joe
HeavyMetalMerchant
chewie
Planchaaaa
Approval Guy
kmorg
tul
Zdan
Rex
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
exact33
Wargod
the sentinel
Addy
Alex Dee Rokket
Grimmo
scottmitchell74
Metalgiant
Troublezone
TheDoctor'sScarf
Lionheartâ„¢
QuothTheRaven
sheets
iamrockerfun
Jesusandmetal23
JDC
XYZ
metalken
powermacho
dirtracin1
FossilPiss
A Handful of Wayne
mez
INVADERS
MEGATRON
Lurideath
ZetaReticuli
Orion Crystal Ice
AchrisK
Gilbert
Lari
TheGooch
Sutekh
Metal Misfit
James B.
Required Fields
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Glenn Rogers
snooloui
Dave the Boss
MoonChild
Metallic Blaze
ryanmetalman
mr.electric39
Defender71
Schbopo
Mglaffas81
manny
7thSaviour
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 11:16 am

UK dates are set.
so we're waitin for next continental European dates.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 11:57 am

I will probably hit some UK dates - never been to England, perfect time to check it out!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 10:03 am

thejokeriv wrote:
I will probably hit some UK dates - never been to England, perfect time to check it out!!!!!!

Wow... you must really like Maiden huh? Laughing
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 11:15 am

Dave the Boss wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Wow... you must really like Maiden huh? Laughing

Yep!!!! Gotta have something fun to do - lol!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 7:30 pm

I still need to get Somewhere in Time
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 11:34 pm

Somewhere in Time is a great album. For a while it was my favorite Maiden disk. Its really polished production wise, but has some great songs.

The only song that makes me stop and wonder "what the hell?" is 'The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner,' but even it is a good song. To me it just seems out of place. If it were on a Queen record, I wouldn't give it a second thought, but on a Maiden album...

Faves include: Lost Somewhere in Time, Wasted Years, and Alexander the Great.
'Heaven Can Wait'
is a decent song, but it is overrated.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 8:57 am

I think Wasted Years is my # 1 favorite Iron Maiden song
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 12:40 am

I bet a Live Maiden show is magical.

Never been to one.
Back to top Go down
TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 9:09 pm

Along with the first two, Somewhere in Time is my favorite Maiden album.

Quote :
If it were on a Queen record, I wouldn't give it a second thought, but on a Maiden album...

I knew that they are big Queen fans, and now that you mention it, "Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner" does sorta have a Queenish vibe to it.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 4:43 am

Dennis Stratton featured on Never Mind the Buzzcocks yesterday Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 5:01 am

Wow, the Dutch gig is in my hometown! I'll definitely be there.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:21 pm

Set list from the kick off show of the 2nd leg of the tour:

1. Satellite 15... The Final Frontier
2. El Dorado
3. 2 Minutes To Midnight
4. Coming Home
5. Dance Of Death
6. The Trooper
7. The Wicker Man
8. Blood Brothers
9. When The Wild Wind Blows
10. The Evil That Men Do
11. The Talisman
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden

Encore:
14. The Number Of The Beast
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
16. Running Free
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 5:10 pm

can they drop the last 5 songs. gimme a break. how many times we gotta hear those.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 5:26 pm

Yea I really wish they would do some songs they have never played or haven't done in years. I almost don't want to see them ever again until they do.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 7:52 pm

I'm vary happy with the set list - can't wait to see the new songs live. Of course, I've seen The Trooper and Run To The Hills live enough and don't need to see it again. Unfortunately, most of the casual fans don't feel that way. The only complaint I heard about the first leg last summer when walking out was "Great show, but no Trooper or Run To The Hills?" Now I guess those people won;t complain.
Back to top Go down
skullkrusher
Metal student
Metal student
skullkrusher

Number of posts : 115

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 10:18 pm

I'd much rather hear the classics than all the newer crap they've been playing in recent tours.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 2:17 pm

Time for another Maiden comp...... I guess they haven't released enough.....

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 35 Ffte_510
Iron Maiden's current phenomenal global success has seen the band not only scale new-found heights aided by their unique method of touring, using a customized Boeing 757 - named Ed Force One by their fans - to transport band, crew and all their equipment round the world to many new places, but has meant their ever-expanding fanbase now encompasses a brand new generation of metal lovers. 'From Fear To Eternity' is a chance for these new fans of the band to explore Iron Maiden's rich history, with the highlights of their last eight studio albums distilled into this handy collection, which follows 2009's compilation of their earlier work, the 1980-1990 'Somewhere Back In Time' album.

Perennial favourites to be found on this album include songs also featured in Maiden's current 'The Final Frontier World Tour' set list; tracks such as 'Fear Of The Dark', 'The Wicker Man', 'Blood Brothers' and 'Dance Of Death' sit alongside recent classics 'El Dorado' and the hauntingly evocative 'When The Wild Wind Blows'. It also include singles like 'Holy Smoke' and 'Be Quick Or Be Dead' together with more progressive thought-provoking album tracks like 'Afraid To Shoot Strangers' and 'For The Greater Good Of God'. This new collection charts the musical development of Britain's most successful metal band as they have evolved their sound, producing longer, more complex songs, gaining huge critical acclaim in the process. Featuring many of the epics for which the band has become renowned, it is accordingly released as a double-CD, but will retail for the price of a single album.

The full tracklisting for the CD album* is as follows:

DISC 1
1. The Wicker Man 4.36
2. Holy Smoke 3.49
3. El Dorado 6:49
4. Paschendale 8.28
5. Different World 4.19
6. Man On The Edge (LIVE) 4.40
7. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg 7.22
8. Blood Brothers 7.14
9. Rainmaker 3.49
10. Sign of the Cross (LIVE) 10.49
11. Brave New World 6.19
12. Fear Of The Dark (LIVE) 7.41

DISC 2
1. Be Quick Or Be Dead 3.24
2. Tailgunner 4.15
3. No More Lies 7.22
4. Coming Home 5.52
5. The Clansman (LIVE) 9.06
6. For the Greater Good of God 9.25
7. These Colours Don't Run) 6.52
8. Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter 4.44
9. Afraid to Shoot Strangers 6.57
10. Dance of Death 8.36
11. When the Wild Wind Blows 11.02

*It will also be made available as a Digital Download Album and as a Limited Edition Triple Vinyl Picture Disc.

I already have all the songs, but cool artwork and great track list. Also, notice that the tracks from the Blaze years are live with Bruce singing. Those tracks sound much better with Bruce and Adrian anyway. I guess Steve wants to forget the Blaze years and pretend that Adrian was back in the badn and Bruce never left....

Love the artwork, I MAY pick up the picture disc...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 2:29 pm

The title track of "Dance Of Death" is the second dumbest Maiden song (right after Quest For Fire). Aside from that a cool tracklist.

Glad they included the versions of The Clansman and Sign Of The Cross from Rock In Rio, those were actually my favorite tracks from that concert...just because it was like hearing more new Maiden songs. Sign Of The Cross is incredible with that lineup.

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 2:30 pm

"Sign of the Cross" is one of their best songs ever, with Blaze or Bruce.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 2:49 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

It is a great song but I did not fully appreciate it til I heard the live version with Bruce
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 2:55 pm

In a way, I am happy that there is no new tracks on this. I find it hard to swallow to buy a whole disc for just one song (seeing as I own the rest already).
The band should really re-release the Eddie's Archieve box again as I mi$$ed getting it the fir$t time due to not enough ca$h. Not that I could afford it this time around either, but...
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 3:03 pm

Glad I gave up trying to get everything by them. How long will it be before the record label decide to re-release all their albums again?

"After this they will play shows right across South America, including Argentina and Chile where both shows will be filmed for inclusion in a DVD to be released later this year. "

Okay, very glad.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 4:02 pm

snooloui wrote:
Glad I gave up trying to get everything by them. How long will it be before the record label decide to re-release all their albums again?

I feel the same way. Just too much stuff to keep up with!

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 4:56 pm

manny wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

It is a great song but I did not fully appreciate it til I heard the live version with Bruce

Agreed - the version with Blaze sounds like a demo compared to RiR. Listen to both back to back, RiR blows the album version away!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 5:04 pm

Stealing this from a post on the IMFC - the references to past albums:

Fear of the Dark - Trees
No Prayer For the Dying - Tomb
The X Factor - X on tree, guts out
Virtual XI - Burning people, burning city/trees on the top left
Brave New World - Wicker Man
Dance of Death - Cloak, Scythe
A Matter of Life and Death - Tank, Benjamin Breeg Eddie
The Final Frontier - Cross Keys on tank, PrEDDIEtor features on Eddie.
Virtual XI tour poster had similar jeans to Eddie has on
X factor eddie was first to feature guts out with Eddies halved torso
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 35 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next