Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!

Go down 
+83
Dark Horseman
journeyman
vgmaster9
springozzy
Big Rich
Dellocatus
Andy
Wurthless
Wayne
adrian
skullkrusher
Mordor
DallasBlack
Shawn Of Fire
Rostov
ultmetal
metallicleora
Joe
HeavyMetalMerchant
chewie
Planchaaaa
Approval Guy
kmorg
tul
Zdan
Rex
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
exact33
Wargod
the sentinel
Addy
Alex Dee Rokket
Grimmo
scottmitchell74
Metalgiant
Troublezone
TheDoctor'sScarf
Lionheart™
QuothTheRaven
sheets
iamrockerfun
Jesusandmetal23
JDC
XYZ
metalken
powermacho
dirtracin1
FossilPiss
A Handful of Wayne
mez
INVADERS
MEGATRON
Lurideath
ZetaReticuli
Orion Crystal Ice
AchrisK
Gilbert
Lari
TheGooch
Sutekh
Metal Misfit
James B.
Required Fields
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Glenn Rogers
snooloui
Dave the Boss
MoonChild
Metallic Blaze
ryanmetalman
mr.electric39
Defender71
Schbopo
Mglaffas81
manny
7thSaviour
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 10:56 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
Stupid "life" and "work" got in the way last week

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 33 Bigp_l

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 33 201269 I still managed to fill my quota of new music with on-line purchases. But I'm still old-fashioned and like to browse the old brick & motar stores ever now & then for new releases. Those times are few & far between anymore.

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 11:46 am

Each listen is better then the last, still. The sign of an album that lasts with me.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 4:01 pm

Upon my second spin I'm not sure I like it as much as I did the first time. Coming Home is still the song I like the most but I just don't get the same feel I did from the first spin. Maybe it was the noise in the shop which was greatly reduced today or the initial excitement of a new Maiden album. Either way I will have to give it some more time. Another factor maybe the great melodic hard rock albums I recently got. Maybe all that melody makes it harder to appreciate a more progressive album.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 4:32 pm

Interesting little interview with former Maiden artist Derek Riggs:

Longtime Iron Maiden album cover artist Derek Riggs recently spoke with MetalSucks correspondent Justin Foley about the work that did for the legendary band. Riggs spoke about the inspiration behind his art, its evolution over time, and the tenuous relationship he had with the band's management that eventually resulted in his walking away. A portion from the interview is posted below.

MetalSucks: What I've read says that you ended things with Iron Maiden and walked away. This has included giving them Eddie without further claims on it. How do you look on that decision?

Riggs: Well, it probably wasn't the smartest business decision, but I didn't really care. I couldn't work with their management, and I still can't really. At that point, it just became too painful to keep doing it. I'd had enough. There was so much ox manur around "Fear Of The Dark." I just said, "Forget it, I've had enough." I mean, they gave me some money. But the rights to the character haven't been bought or sold — so that's still all floating out there. But the bottom line was that I'd had enough of doing it. Smurf it. And I wasn't going to be doing anything else with Eddie, so why not let them have it?

MetalSucks: You could have held it hostage, right? Weren't you leaving money on the table by not being an sfincter?

Riggs: Well, I've done a few paintings for them since then. But they asked me to sign another contract with them. Initially it looked all right, but then I thought the better of it. Look, you can have an art director who wants to see six different versions of something because he's ten years old. But I can already tell you — "That's not going to work." smurfing around with different options… when I tell you it won't work, it won't work. And I got into artwork to do good artwork, not to satisfy an art director by making boring crap. Really, I've done zombies. At this point, it's like, "How do you want your zombie? Would you like him with a burning city behind him or with lightning? Do you want him boiled or fried?" [laughs]
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 5:14 pm

I'm digging it more now than before. A couple of songs still don't really work for me, but I'm loving the epics.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 5:25 pm

Okay, now it's official, I like The Final Frontier. headbanger Still, I could've done without El Dorado and parts of Coming Home and Mother of Mercy.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 8:39 pm

So, I guess I'm in the same boat as some of you. I'm loving this album, but I have a hard time listening to it in one sitting. It's just too long for me.

I usually listen to it up to Starblind and then listen to the last three tracks at another time. Seems to work for me. headbanger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 8:41 pm

Listened to it once at work today. First impression is that it isn't working for me. But the good news is that is what I thought of "DANCE OF DEATH" and now years later it's a top 5 Maiden album for me. I simply have to spend some time with the new one.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 8:47 pm

Joe wrote:
So, I guess I'm in the same boat as some of you. I'm loving this album, but I have a hard time listening to it in one sitting. It's just too long for me.

I usually listen to it up to Starblind and then listen to the last three tracks at another time. Seems to work for me. headbanger

I like it a lot. I have spun it a lot and it seems to have real staying power.

Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 10:30 pm

It is a good album
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 12:30 am

I'm at my fourth spin. So far, nothing really interesting IMO.

I guess i'm just trying to convince myself to like this album.

Maybe i should go back to Powerslave.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 1:30 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Listened to it once at work today. First impression is that it isn't working for me. But the good news is that is what I thought of "DANCE OF DEATH" and now years later it's a top 5 Maiden album for me. I simply have to spend some time with the new one.

My friend doesn't like Dance of Death and I keep telling him to just go back and listen to it again because I thought it was a great record. I don't know why so many people didn't like that one.

The new album is pretty good. I keep listening to it every couple of days. I basically know the music by heart. The lyrics aren't catching on with me as fast as the others did but they will eventually.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 1:52 pm

Gilbert wrote:

I'm at my fourth spin. So far, nothing really interesting IMO.

I guess i'm just trying to convince myself to like this album.

Maybe i should go back to Powerslave.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 2:47 pm

Apparently THE FINAL FRONTIER has topped the album charts in the U.K.

No word yet on where it'll place on the U.S. Billboard album charts... I guess that info will come later this week.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 7:14 pm

I read an article where they believe TFF will debut at #4 on the US charts.

snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 8:30 pm

Number 1 in the UK, not that it actually counts for anything. Rather suprised considering the crap that usually tops the charts. On the other hand, Scorpions got to no. 96 Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:33 am

The last MAIDEN album i really enjoyed was Brave New World.

None of the ones that followed interested me.
Back to top Go down
Mordor
Metal student
Metal student
Mordor

Number of posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 1:36 am

I love it ..I have spun it a fair bit. But then again it is MAIDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofmetal.dk
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 2:00 am

I'm pretty sure i'll eventually get it... What are the stand out tracks?
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 2:10 am

Troublezone wrote:

Nothing stands OUT that is the problem, even for an album like Virtual IX, we had a Futureal. scratch As for topping the charts, the album surely had a hype before it was released, now we have to wait and see how long it stays on the charts.
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 4:54 am

Troublezone wrote:

My two favourite tracks are 'Isle of Avalon' and 'When the Wild Wind Blows'.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 4:58 am

MoonChild wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Nothing stands OUT that is the problem, even for an album like Virtual IX, we had a Futureal. scratch As for topping the charts, the album surely had a hype before it was released, now we have to wait and see how long it stays on the charts.

So it's competent but not great?
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 5:16 am

It all depends on what your tastes are. It's a lot different than anything they have done in the past. I think (excluding the first 2 tracks) the album is MUCH better than their last 3 studio albums and about as good as 'Powerslave' and 'Seventh Son'.

It depends on who you ask. Some people obviously don't like it and that's understandable.

Last edited by MEGATRON on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 6:42 am

MEGATRON wrote:
It all depends on what your tastes are. It's a lot different than anything they have done in the past. I think (excluding the first 2 tracks) the album is MUCH better than their last 3 studio albums and about as good as, 'Powerslave' and 'Seventh Son'.

It depends on who you ask. Some people obviously don't like it and that's understandable.

The last album that i enjoyed from them is Brave New World.
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 7:13 am

I like the first half of the album, it's great. As for the latter half, I hope it grows on me.
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 33 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!
Page 33 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next