Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!

Go down 
+83
Dark Horseman
journeyman
vgmaster9
springozzy
Big Rich
Dellocatus
Andy
Wurthless
Wayne
adrian
skullkrusher
Mordor
DallasBlack
Shawn Of Fire
Rostov
ultmetal
metallicleora
Joe
HeavyMetalMerchant
chewie
Planchaaaa
Approval Guy
kmorg
tul
Zdan
Rex
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
exact33
Wargod
the sentinel
Addy
Alex Dee Rokket
Grimmo
scottmitchell74
Metalgiant
Troublezone
TheDoctor'sScarf
Lionheart™
QuothTheRaven
sheets
iamrockerfun
Jesusandmetal23
JDC
XYZ
metalken
powermacho
dirtracin1
FossilPiss
A Handful of Wayne
mez
INVADERS
MEGATRON
Lurideath
ZetaReticuli
Orion Crystal Ice
AchrisK
Gilbert
Lari
TheGooch
Sutekh
Metal Misfit
James B.
Required Fields
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Glenn Rogers
snooloui
Dave the Boss
MoonChild
Metallic Blaze
ryanmetalman
mr.electric39
Defender71
Schbopo
Mglaffas81
manny
7thSaviour
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 7:24 am

the new album has grown on me alot.
i didn't care for it at first but it's defo a grower like.
best album since brave new world IMO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 9:13 am

Troublezone wrote:
MoonChild wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
I'm pretty sure i'll eventually get it... What are the stand out tracks?

Nothing stands OUT that is the problem, even for an album like Virtual IX, we had a Futureal. scratch As for topping the charts, the album surely had a hype before it was released, now we have to wait and see how long it stays on the charts.

So it's competent but not great?

It's a good album. I prefer the production on this album, much better than DOD & AMOLAD, so it gets the nod over those two. Plus, they are finally taking advantage of the three guitars in some of the arrangements (check out the instrumental section of The Man Who Would Be King for example).

There ARE definite standout tracks: Mother Of Mercy, Isle Of Avalon, Starblind.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 9:59 am

detuned wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
MoonChild wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
I'm pretty sure i'll eventually get it... What are the stand out tracks?

Nothing stands OUT that is the problem, even for an album like Virtual IX, we had a Futureal. scratch As for topping the charts, the album surely had a hype before it was released, now we have to wait and see how long it stays on the charts.

So it's competent but not great?

It's a good album. I prefer the production on this album, much better than DOD & AMOLAD, so it gets the nod over those two. Plus, they are finally taking advantage of the three guitars in some of the arrangements (check out the instrumental section of The Man Who Would Be King for example).

There ARE definite standout tracks: Mother Of Mercy, Isle Of Avalon, Starblind.

The production seem much better than the last too - I am glad they switched studios from where DoD and AMOLAD where recorded. Looks like you can still get great sounds out of Compass Point!!!
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:02 am

I liked the production on AMoLaD, but The Final Frontier sounds a lot better. I'm giving it another spin tonight when the boys are over for the soccer match.

Is it me, or does The Alchemist have the most memorable chorus on the album? It's been stuck in my head for the last couple of days now, haha.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 9:20 am

I think FF, called it but here how well the Maiden did on its first week of release:

ron Maiden's new album, "The Final Frontier," sold 63,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to enter The Billboard 200 chart at position No. 4.

Iron Maiden's previous album, 2006's "A Matter Of Life And Death," initially sold 56,000 units to land at the Number 9 position. This was a notable increase from the 40,000 first-week tally registered by its predecessor, 2003's "Dance of Death" (which debuted at No. 18 on The Billboard 200 chart), and that of "Brave New World," which moved 38,000 copies in June 2000 to land at No. 39 on The Billboard 200 chart.

"The Final Frontier" has registered the following first-week chart positions so far:

Norway: #1
Finland: #1
United Kingdom: #1
Sweden: #1
Switzerland: #1
Canada: #1
Netherlands: #2
Australia: #2
Ireland: #3
USA: #4
Belgium: #6

"The Final Frontier" is Iron Maiden's fourth U.K. No. 1 album. The band previously topped the chart in 1982 with "The Number of the Beast," in 1988 with "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son" and in 1992 with "Fear of the Dark."

"The Final Frontier" was released in North America on August 17th thorugh Universal Music Enterprises (UMe). It was made available in a unique limited-edition collectors' "Mission Edition" CD case and features access to extra bonus content, including the director's cut of a video for the edited version of the opening song on the album, entitled "Satellite 15... The Final Frontier"; band "Mission Debrief" interview footage; wallpapers; photos; and the exclusive game "Mission II : Rescue & Revenge". MAIDEN is also making the album available as an iTunes LP with bonus content as well as the traditional digital format. There is also a limited-edition double picture disc.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 10:44 am

Quote :
Maiden's new album, "The Final Frontier," sold 63,000 copies in the United States

Make that 63,001. I finally picked up my copy last night. I'm still giving it a first spin, but I can already tell I like it better than A Matter of Life & Death. Repeted spins will be necessary though.

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 11:54 am

Surprises me that DOD did better then BNW. I think it's a better album and would've thought the hype would move more units.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 12:48 pm

Apparently TFF topped the charts in 21 countries. Holy hell! They're number two here in Holland, some chick singer's number one (she's actually held the position longer than Thriller, haha!).
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 1:14 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Surprises me that DOD did better then BNW. I think it's a better album and would've thought the hype would move more units.

same here. I would have thought Bruce returning would have brought tons of fans back in.

Considering the general public's disdain for metal in the US, #4 aint too shabby.

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 6:30 pm

Great news! headbanger

I listened to this album two times and half times last night, really enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 2:57 am

Already traded my copy after just 5 spins.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 5:05 am

It charted at #2 here, as manny said, the highest debut chart position since Number of the Beast.
Back to top Go down
Approval Guy
Metal novice
Metal novice
Approval Guy

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 5:34 am

#3 in Ireland. Not bad considering the album got no radio play whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 8:27 pm

#4 In the States... cool! Has anyone heard any of these songs on the radio in the U.S.?(I know I haven't) 'cause if not, that's pretty impressive for an album with no radio support.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 8:34 pm

chewie wrote:
#4 In the States... cool! Has anyone heard any of these songs on the radio in the U.S.?(I know I haven't) 'cause if not, that's pretty impressive for an album with no radio support.

I hear El Dorado on WYSP.

snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 9:07 pm

I haven't heard any of their songs on the radio. Mainly because all the stations are crap and I don't listen to them. If they do play a half decent song, it's always the single that you've heard 100 times before.
Back to top Go down
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 12:33 am

We all know that Radio has never been a big pusher for Maiden. It's cool that they do get some play though.

Personally I hate listening to radio unless its NPR playing classical music.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 8:16 am

ryanmetalman wrote:
We all know that Radio has never been a big pusher for Maiden. It's cool that they do get some play though.

Personally I hate listening to radio unless its NPR playing classical music.

Philly has a kick butt classic rock station in WMGK. If I listen to FM its them. I do listen to AM though...

chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 1:25 am

I've spun it for a fews days and have decided that I like it. Isle Of Avalon actually has a great hummable line: The "...She cries the tears of an angel..." section. I was humming that at work all day. I agree that the album should be shorter, actually, a lot of albums should go back to the 40-45 minute mark. Remember when they were that long and they made you want more? Now you just want them to end. The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 34 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 8:20 am

chewie wrote:
I've spun it for a fews days and have decided that I like it. Isle Of Avalon actually has a great hummable line: The "...She cries the tears of an angel..." section. I was humming that at work all day. I agree that the album should be shorter, actually, a lot of albums should go back to the 40-45 minute mark. Remember when they were that long and they made you want more? Now you just want them to end. The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 34 Icon_smile

Well, back in the day Iron Maiden was always pushing the length of their albums. I remember an interview that they had to figure out how to keep it just short enough so it doesn't sound like crap on vinyl because the grooves being too close. Album lengths:

TNOTB: 40 minutes
PoM: 46 Minutes
PS: 51 Minutes
SiT: 51 Minutes

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 2:09 pm

Next leg of the tour announced!!!!!!!!! I will be at the 2 FL shows!!!!!!!!

IRON MAIDEN, with their crew and many tons of equipment, will once again be boarding Ed Force One in February 2011 to fly 50,000 miles round the globe on their continuing mammoth "The Final Frontier World Tour", playing 29 shows and visiting 26 cities in thirteen countries across five continents with singer Bruce Dickinson again in the pilot's seat, and heading into more new frontiers of uncharted MAIDEN territory!!!

The first show will be on February 11 in Moscow's Olympic Stadium, after which the Boeing 757, which will have new designs to tie in with the new album and tour, will fly the band to Singapore and Indonesia for MAIDEN's first-ever shows there, before arriving in Australia to headline two arena dates and five Soundwave Festivals. Ed Force One then turns its attention briefly to the Northern hemisphere with a first show ever in South Korea and two shows in Tokyo, before heading all the way across the Pacific, a journey which (believe it or not!) is 6660 miles for two shows in Mexico. An extensive series of stadium shows through five South American countries follows, including a first visit to Belem, Northern Brazil, and, via Puerto Rico, the band will play the final show on this leg of the tour in Tampa, Florida, USA on April 17, exactly 66 days after Moscow!

Says Bruce, "We were taken aback by the fantastic reaction from everyone to Ed Force One during the 2008/09 world tour. As our fans all know from the 'Flight 666' film, which documented the trials and tribulations we underwent in order to get the whole project literally off the ground, the end result was well worth all the effort and complex logistics we had to deal with! The band and crew enjoyed themselves so much travelling that way, it seemed only logical to set up this part of 'The Final Frontier' tour in the same way so we could get to see as many fans as possible all over the world, only this time we're pushing the boundaries even further and going to more places MAIDEN has never been before... in true frontier style!! We very much look forward to playing in Singapore, Indonesia and South Korea for the first time, as well as revisiting our fans everywhere else.

"The set list will be different to this year's tour. Of course we will play more songs from the new album and some other recent material, but we will include a healthy dose of older fan favourites as we will be playing to so many new faces who we know will want to hear those songs live for the first time. We will cram into the plane as much of the production we used this year as is physically possible, including of course Eddie, and intend to replicate the spectacular light show in as many places as we are able. All in all it promises to be a fantastic trip for everyone!! So see you all soon."

Since its release in August on EMI (UME in the US), "The Final Frontier" — the band's 15th studio album — has proved their most successful chart album to date, registering the No. 1 sales chart slot in 28 countries around the globe; from Lebanon, Arabia and India in the East, to Canada in the West, New Zealand down South, throughout Europe and across Latin America, as well as reaching No.1 in Billboard's European, Tastemaker and Rock charts, and No. 4 in the USA, which is the band's highest position ever there.

Having already played an extensive 25 date North American Tour and some selected European shows this year, MAIDEN will undertake a full European tour in the summer of 2011. Some dates (as below) have already been announced but keep an eye on this site over the next few weeks and months for many more announcements.

The dates for IRON MAIDEN's "Round The World Trip" on Ed Force One and current European dates for "The Final Frontier World Tour" can be seen below.

Feb. 11 - Moscow, Russia - Olympiski
Feb. 15 - Singapore - Singapore Indoor Stadium
Feb. 17 - Jakarta, Indonesia - Stadium Utama Gelaro Bung Karno Senayan
Feb. 20 - Bali, Indonesia - Garuda Wisnu Kencana
Feb. 23 - Melbourne, Australia - Hisense Arena
Feb. 24 - Sydney, Australia - Entertainment Centre
Feb. 26 - Brisbane, Australia - Showgrounds (Soundwave Festival)
Feb. 27 - Sydney, Australia - Eastern Creek Raceway (Soundwave Festival)
Mar. 04 - Melbourne, Australia - Showgrounds (Soundwave Festival)
Mar. 05 - Adelaide, Australia - Bonython Park (Soundwave Festival)
Mar. 07 - Perth, Australia - Steel Blue Oval (Soundwave Festival)
Mar. 10 - Seoul, Korea - Chamsil Gymnasium
Mar. 12 - Tokyo, Japan - Super Arena
Mar. 13 - Tokyo, Japan - Super Arena
Mar. 17 - Monterrey, Mexico - Banamex Theatre
Mar. 18 - Mexico City, Mexico - Foro Sol
Mar. 20 - Bogota, Columbia - CC Sapo
Mar. 23 - Lima, Peru - Estadio San Marcos
Mar. 26 - Sao Paulo, Brazil - Morumbi Stadium
Mar. 27 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil - HSBC Arena
Mar. 30 - Brasilia, Brazil - Nilson Nelson Parking Lot
Apr. 01 - Belem, Brazil - Parque De Exposicoes
Apr. 03 - Recife, Brazil - Parque De Exposicoes
Apr. 05 - Curitiba, Brazil - Expotrade
Apr. 08 - Buenos Aires, Argentina - Velez Sarsfield
Apr. 10 - Santiago, Chile - Estadio Nacional
Apr. 14 - San Juan, Puerto Rico - Coliseo De Puerto Rico
Apr. 16 - Sunrise, Florida - Bank Atlantic Center
Apr. 17 - Tampa, Florida - St Pete Times Forum
Jun. 30 - July 3 - Roskilde, Denmark - Roskilde Festival
Jul. 01 - Gothenburg, Sweden - Ullevi Stadium
Jul. 06 - Oslo, Norway - Telenor
Jul. 08 - Helsinki, Finland - Olympic Stadium
Jul. 10 - St Petersburg, Russia - SKK Peterburgskiy
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 1:35 am

As usual, no touring in the middle east...

who cares about metal fans here anyway...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 8:47 am

April 17 to Tampa YAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 11:02 am

manny wrote:

Let's do this, Manny!!!!!!!!!!! headbanger
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 11:16 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
manny wrote:

Let's do this, Manny!!!!!!!!!!! headbanger

I will be there!!!!!!!!! You guys need to come to the meet & greet prior to the show!!!!!

BTW - you MUST buy GA tix!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 34 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!
Page 34 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next