Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!

Go down 
+83
Dark Horseman
journeyman
vgmaster9
springozzy
Big Rich
Dellocatus
Andy
Wurthless
Wayne
adrian
skullkrusher
Mordor
DallasBlack
Shawn Of Fire
Rostov
ultmetal
metallicleora
Joe
HeavyMetalMerchant
chewie
Planchaaaa
Approval Guy
kmorg
tul
Zdan
Rex
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
exact33
Wargod
the sentinel
Addy
Alex Dee Rokket
Grimmo
scottmitchell74
Metalgiant
Troublezone
TheDoctor'sScarf
Lionheartâ„¢
QuothTheRaven
sheets
iamrockerfun
Jesusandmetal23
JDC
XYZ
metalken
powermacho
dirtracin1
FossilPiss
A Handful of Wayne
mez
INVADERS
MEGATRON
Lurideath
ZetaReticuli
Orion Crystal Ice
AchrisK
Gilbert
Lari
TheGooch
Sutekh
Metal Misfit
James B.
Required Fields
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Glenn Rogers
snooloui
Dave the Boss
MoonChild
Metallic Blaze
ryanmetalman
mr.electric39
Defender71
Schbopo
Mglaffas81
manny
7thSaviour
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:46 am

So, any opinions on the new album? Still awaiting my copy.

I don't want to ruin the surprise by checking some tunes on You tube.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:00 am

Gilbert wrote:

You might want to actually READ THE LAST COUPLE PAGES OF THIS VERY THREAD!!! It's amazing what you can learn when you pay attention.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 3:05 am

detuned wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

You might want to actually READ THE LAST COUPLE PAGES OF THIS VERY THREAD!!! It's amazing what you can learn when you pay attention.

Sorry, just didn't have time to read the last pages.

No need to be aggressive.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 11:57 am

Now that I have listened to this new one over the last couple of days, I can say that it is as good as anything they have brought out in the last ten years. I think it will take a little time before I can say where it sits in my post 2000 Maiden ranking.
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:09 pm

I bought the standard and mission editions. Listening to it again now, and it's easily the best thing since 7th son, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 2:16 pm

I'll be getting my copy in a week or so...

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 8:35 pm

I liked it from the getgo but now after many spins it has been soaking in deep and the album is really great. I still think this may be the most challenging album for fans to accept simply cause many will want instant gratification but this one has to mature on the ears I think. I am loving it now, but I loved it to begin with.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 10:31 pm

The more i spin it the more I realize how good this album is. Since seventh sons I haven't heard something this solid ; Every track is good
Back to top Go down
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 11:32 pm

Has anyone had trouble accessing the bonus content? I have the mission edition and went to the website and put the disk in my computer, but that is as far as I can get. Maybe I'm just computer illiterate.

I love this album . I don't get why some don't care for El Dorado or the title cut. Opinions will vary I guess.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 12:17 am

It is a grower album for sure. Every spin I get something new out of it. Quick question, who does the backing vocals at around the 1:46 to the 1:54 mark of the Talisman, while the acoustic part is still playing? Is it just Bruce being multi tracked?
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 9:26 am

Honestly, I have to force myself to spin it... and that's not the sign of a good album. There's a couple of killer tracks, but on the whole it doesn't come close to AMoLaD imo.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 9:41 am

I've only listened to it once but I already love it. I think it's much better than AMOLAD and might be on the same plane as the first two reunion albums with repeated listens. Until then, my favorite song is Coming Home.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 2:14 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
Honestly, I have to force myself to spin it... and that's not the sign of a good album. There's a couple of killer tracks, but on the whole it doesn't come close to AMoLaD imo.

AMEN to that, and frankly I can't believe I am talking about an Iron Maiden album (except for Virtual XI). Not my kinda music from them this time. 2 songs are okay, I guess.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 6:13 pm

Now that my son is singing for a Maiden Tribute band it's been none stop Maiden for quite a while....

I'm just now getting my full taste of this record. Lots of flowing melodies for sure, not as many guitar harmonies, but just trying to take it in, it's a lot....

There certainly isn't any 'Wrathchilds' or 'Wasted Years' here, but that's ok.... No official comment from me yet (official???? wtf??) but I'm enjoying it at this point...

headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 6:51 pm

I really like it. Seems like every time I listen to it I get a new favorite song.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 8:27 am

I just got the newest Maiden, so far Im really liking it
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 9:04 am

Well, I simply cannot sit through the new Maiden in one listen. I tend to really enjoy the first two songs then the album becomes mundane, mostly due to the fact that I really have stopped listening by this point in the record. Long songs are not new to Maiden, but having five songs that each push nine to ten minutes long is new.

I put the CD down for a couple days and decided to start listening to the album from track three the next time around. I found myself enjoying songs like "Mother of Mercy" and "Isle of Avalon" much more this way. I also found it odd that Maiden have again taken a title from a Dickinson solo album and made it into a completely different song. (The Alchemist)

It's not a bad CD at all. It's not the galloping heavy metal that classic Maiden is know for either. It's sort of melodic, epic, and slightly progressive rock. I think the excitement of new Maiden will keep this one spinning in my deck for quite a while until the newness wears off. Once that happens I have a feeling that "The Final Frontier" will become a rare listen in comparison to the band's classic catalog.

Last edited by ultmetal on Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 9:10 am

Long songs aren't a big deal when the song warrants it, but sometimes I think Maiden gets too lazy to "self edit", like a movie director that doesn't have that internal rhythm clock that tells them when the scene is over. There are songs on all of their recent albums that are less effective because they grind themselves into the dirt.

Kevin Shirley doesn't do anything to help curb that tendency either.

I have found that dropping two tracks when I play the album (Coming Home and The Talisman) makes it flow better.

Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 9:14 am

Ive listened to about Half of the album, course itll take a few more listens before i add it to my site
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 9:14 am

So far the first song is my favorite
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 9:54 am

Got it Friday evening...I like it. I've played it 3 times now and, IMO, Iron Maiden has become a Prog Rock band. The band who made "Run To The Hills", "Number Of The Beast" & "Wrathchild" is gone. They've evolved into a progressive entity and, IMO, it suits them...well done.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 9:57 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Got it Friday evening...I like it. I've played it 3 times now and, IMO, Iron Maiden has become a Prog Rock band. The band who made "Run To The Hills", "Number Of The Beast" & "Wrathchild" is gone. They've evolved into a progressive entity and, IMO, it suits them...well done.

I agree with this statement and they have been heading in that direction IMO since ' 'X Factor' when Blaze was still in the band
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 10:34 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

If we had a Like button on the forum, this statement would get it from me.

I should be getting my copy today. I have purposely not d/l it so I will hear the CD with fresh ears.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 10:46 am

Stupid "life" and "work" got in the way last week, so I still haven't heard this one. With any luck, I'll get out on Wednesday to pick up this one and the new Sword album as well.

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 10:51 am

Quote :
Stupid "life" and "work" got in the way last week

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 32 Bigp_l
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 32 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next