Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!

Go down 
+83
Dark Horseman
journeyman
vgmaster9
springozzy
Big Rich
Dellocatus
Andy
Wurthless
Wayne
adrian
skullkrusher
Mordor
DallasBlack
Shawn Of Fire
Rostov
ultmetal
metallicleora
Joe
HeavyMetalMerchant
chewie
Planchaaaa
Approval Guy
kmorg
tul
Zdan
Rex
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
exact33
Wargod
the sentinel
Addy
Alex Dee Rokket
Grimmo
scottmitchell74
Metalgiant
Troublezone
TheDoctor'sScarf
Lionheartâ„¢
QuothTheRaven
sheets
iamrockerfun
Jesusandmetal23
JDC
XYZ
metalken
powermacho
dirtracin1
FossilPiss
A Handful of Wayne
mez
INVADERS
MEGATRON
Lurideath
ZetaReticuli
Orion Crystal Ice
AchrisK
Gilbert
Lari
TheGooch
Sutekh
Metal Misfit
James B.
Required Fields
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Glenn Rogers
snooloui
Dave the Boss
MoonChild
Metallic Blaze
ryanmetalman
mr.electric39
Defender71
Schbopo
Mglaffas81
manny
7thSaviour
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:31 pm

ZetaReticuli wrote:
There's some news going around that Maiden's management is forcing people to remove their personal photos of the band from Photobucket... What's up with that.

I heard about that - for what I heard, it is the record company doing that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:41 pm

Maiden fans...

I recently played the Flight 666 movie for a couple friends that had never even heard Iron Maiden. They were so impressed by the guys in the group during the interviews, that they ending up digging the music by the time the movie was halfway through (neither of these guys listen to metal). Now they've both asked me for Iron Maiden recommendations!

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 12:12 am

That's killer detuned!!!

I'm hoping for a few new Iron Maiden converts this year myself. Addy is one of em too. Heheh.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 8:08 am

detuned wrote:
Maiden fans...

I recently played the Flight 666 movie for a couple friends that had never even heard Iron Maiden. They were so impressed by the guys in the group during the interviews, that they ending up digging the music by the time the movie was halfway through (neither of these guys listen to metal). Now they've both asked me for Iron Maiden recommendations!

headbanger

That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 9:47 am

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 17 201269

Maiden set to hire tour yoga teacher

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 17 Xym5jk8kjz

Iron Maiden are set to take a
yoga teacher on tour with them as the band attempt to tackle the early
signs of old age.
Drummer Nicko McBrain reveals manager
Rod Smallwood has been trying to talk them into the move for over a year
after he discovered the health advantages of the physical and mental
discipline.
He tells cymbal manufacturer Paiste: "I've always had
really, really bad posture and I know you always have more power when
you sit up straight.
"I get a lot of pain in my shoulders and I
tend to slouch when I play. My technique has changed and I have to
consciously make myself sit up a bit more.
"Doing a two-hour show
with the band, I've got to know when I can sit back and reserve my
energy, and when I can let go. When I feel myself tiring I'm reminded to
sit up and focus on my breathing – and I'll get more control."
Smallwood
has been practicing yoga for some time, which is why he's keen for his
musicians to follow him, and that's led McBrain to sign up for an
introductory series of classes.
He says: "Rod's been at me for a
year. He said, 'Nicky, you've got to get into a bloody yoga class. I've
been doing it for years and I feel great.'
"I asked him why and he
said, 'So I can get another ten years out of you!'
"So we're
talking about taking a yoga teacher on tour with us."
Maiden will
headline this year's Sonisphere festival at Knebworth on July 31-August 2
as part of their latest world tour, and will release their fifteenth
studio album, The Final Frontier, around the same time.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 9:48 am

detuned wrote:
Maiden fans...

headbanger

Ha, that's awesome!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:35 pm

The Final Frontier...interesting title, wonder how "final" is "final".
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:38 pm

detuned wrote:
I really hope this isn't it for them. Nobody ever wants to see their favorite band retire.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 3:09 pm

detuned wrote:

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
New album The Final Frontier

Final Frontier? They're not gonna pull a Scorpions on us and fade into the sunset after this one, are they?

I was asking the same thing 9 pages ago, but I don't think the guys are ready to pack it in.

Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 6:08 pm

I think it's all a big hype thing. Harris saying "I always thought we'd do 15", the title etc. but I don't see why they'd want to give up now. I mean Scorpions, maybe, but Maiden are on an entirely different level in terms of popularity, more so than ever.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 6:16 pm

snooloui wrote:
I think it's all a big hype thing. Harris saying "I always thought we'd do 15", the title etc. but I don't see why they'd want to give up now. I mean Scorpions, maybe, but Maiden are on an entirely different level in terms of popularity, more so than ever.
Maiden is arguably the most popular metal band in the world now and since the 80s.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 6:21 pm

Anyone listen to Bruce Dickinson's Friday Rock Show on BBC 6 Music? Brilliant, not only does he play cool music, he's hilarious too. Finishing on June 4th though. Whether that's because they're supposed to be closing the station or because Maiden are touring I don't know (probably the later). Don't know if you can get it online outside of the UK.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 6:48 pm

snooloui wrote:
Anyone listen to Bruce Dickinson's Friday Rock Show on BBC 6 Music? Brilliant, not only does he play cool music, he's hilarious too. Finishing on June 4th though. Whether that's because they're supposed to be closing the station or because Maiden are touring I don't know (probably the later). Don't know if you can get it online outside of the UK.

Because they are closing the station.....

Most people seem to think that Maiden will continue on - hence the Yoga instructor. I think they will pack it in when Nicko can't play a two hour show anymore. I don't think this will be the last album or tour - after AMOLAD they signed a new contract for 3 studio albums. I just hope it isn't as long of a wait anymore!!!!

They are one of the most popular Metal bands in the world - probably # 2 after Metallica. They are more popular outside of the US.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 8:34 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
That's killer detuned!!!

I'm hoping for a few new Iron Maiden converts this year myself. Addy is one of em too. Heheh.

Im not a fan yet It takes more than a few songs to "convert" me
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 8:37 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
after AMOLAD they signed a new contract for 3 studio albums.

really? The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 17 Affraid
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 11:14 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
after AMOLAD they signed a new contract for 3 studio albums.

That's pretty cool to hear. They need to shorten the time before releases though.
Back to top Go down
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 11:15 pm

detuned wrote:

Well, Star Trek the Final Frontier was not as final as they had intended it.
Yes, I am a nerd.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 11:51 am

Addy wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
That's killer detuned!!!

Im not a fan yet It takes more than a few songs to "convert" me

Just wait til you pick up an album.

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 17 564665
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 1:08 pm

LOL
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 6:27 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
snooloui wrote:

Because they are closing the station.....

I don't know if that is right. I've heard that John Peel's son, who's name I don't know, is taking over Bruce's slot.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 7:10 pm

I went to best buy today they only had Powerslave, Number of the Beast and Essential, so I didnt get any Iron Maiden today
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 7:57 pm

Addy wrote:
I went to best buy today they only had Powerslave, Number of the Beast and Essential, so I didnt get any Iron Maiden today

That's a shame but also quite lucky. The only places by me that have any metal CDs (apart from on releases) are the dedicated music shops.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:26 pm

Addy wrote:

Makes two of us.

I was looking for Metric in Target and couldn't find it. I picked up some Weezer instead.
Back to top Go down
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:49 pm

Addy wrote:

I would definitely pass on the Essential. As you probably guessed I might say, Powerslave and Number of the Beast are worthwhile albums.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 10:57 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Addy wrote:

Makes two of us.

I was looking for Metric in Target and couldn't find it. I picked up some Weezer instead.

I got some Hole it was only 9.99 , Weezer's good too I was looking for the one you recommended the Somewhere Back in Time. I'll have to look at Hastings next then Digital Planet mwhahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!
Page 17 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next