Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!

Go down 
+83
Dark Horseman
journeyman
vgmaster9
springozzy
Big Rich
Dellocatus
Andy
Wurthless
Wayne
adrian
skullkrusher
Mordor
DallasBlack
Shawn Of Fire
Rostov
ultmetal
metallicleora
Joe
HeavyMetalMerchant
chewie
Planchaaaa
Approval Guy
kmorg
tul
Zdan
Rex
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
exact33
Wargod
the sentinel
Addy
Alex Dee Rokket
Grimmo
scottmitchell74
Metalgiant
Troublezone
TheDoctor'sScarf
Lionheartâ„¢
QuothTheRaven
sheets
iamrockerfun
Jesusandmetal23
JDC
XYZ
metalken
powermacho
dirtracin1
FossilPiss
A Handful of Wayne
mez
INVADERS
MEGATRON
Lurideath
ZetaReticuli
Orion Crystal Ice
AchrisK
Gilbert
Lari
TheGooch
Sutekh
Metal Misfit
James B.
Required Fields
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Glenn Rogers
snooloui
Dave the Boss
MoonChild
Metallic Blaze
ryanmetalman
mr.electric39
Defender71
Schbopo
Mglaffas81
manny
7thSaviour
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 9:56 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Basically you pay extra for a tin case. The booklet is the same except theres no Maiden logo on it. There actually isn't a Maiden logo anywhere on this edition, kind of wierd.

That is why I didn't throw away the plastic foil before I removed the sticker, and placed it on the front of the tin can. So I have the logo there now Very Happy

Metal novice
Metal novice
Rostov

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: I can dig it   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:07 am

ZetaReticuli wrote:
I dunno, this album took me one listen to get into... it's actually not that complex. I think it's amazing.

I'm mostly with you there. Of course I've only spun through it twice and once was in the car on the way to work.

Overall as an album I personally feel it's a solid entry and definitely something I'll keep in regular rotation. After I've listened to it a handful of times I feel I'll be able to make a more concrete or focused judgment.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:29 am

I so want the new Maiden
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 11:58 am

I think it's out now Addy, you should go to a store and buy it. \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 12:50 pm

kmorg wrote:
Basically you pay extra for a tin case. The booklet is the same except theres no Maiden logo on it. There actually isn't a Maiden logo anywhere on this edition, kind of wierd.

That is why I didn't throw away the plastic foil before I removed the sticker, and placed it on the front of the tin can. So I have the logo there now Very Happy

I was thinking that too. I dont think I threw it out. I'm still contemplating buying the other version lol

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 12:50 pm

kmorg wrote:

great minds think alike!!!

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 1:04 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I picked up the jewel case version at FYE. They had posters but would not give me one. Apparently you had to 'reserve' a copy before the release date to get a poster.

Thats wierd. I guess they messed up with me or something, because I didn't put a pre order in. I did see a sign that said with pre order but also saw a sign that said when you buy the cd you get the poster so I would have argued with that if I didn't get one lol.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 1:16 pm

detuned wrote:
I ended up getting the jewel case version instead, I don't need fancy little metal boxes.

You can put your weed in there!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 1:23 pm

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 31 19976 lol!
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 1:24 pm

I listened to it 4 times now...It's good not great....Last one was better....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 2:24 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:
I listened to it 4 times now...It's good not great....Last one was better....

I agree. Not too amused with the guitar works, neither Brucey's vocals.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 3:11 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I think it's out now Addy, you should go to a store and buy it. \'arry \'eadbanger

Yeah I know it is , its just a matter of being able to get it Smile
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 6:40 pm

Addy wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

Yeah I know it is , its just a matter of being able to get it Smile

a matter of life and death???

ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 7:30 pm

looks like the album is on track to the number 3 spot on the charts. phuck.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 7:33 pm

Mine came today!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 7:37 pm

Not a matter of Life and Death but I'd like to have it nonetheless Smile

I just sank about 500 bucks on my car cuz I had to replace a sensor and get the brakes done
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:06 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
detuned wrote:
I ended up getting the jewel case version instead, I don't need fancy little metal boxes.

You can put your weed in there!

lol! I actually was thinking that when I was looking at this case.

So, I 've spun this thing for a third time and it is really coming alive!!! Tracks 8-10 are excellent, but if there is a minor complaint that I have, this is it. It's loooong!! haha!

I think I have undiagnosed ADD.

I haven't listened to this with my headphones, so I will probably do that tonight.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:23 pm

I actually thought the album went by quick. I listened to it while I was at work and i didn't think it was over that fast.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:27 pm

Yeah, but I know what kind of work you do, stuff always flies by when you're doing that job! Wink
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:33 pm

hahaha yea thats true

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:40 pm

Wayne, how's the bonus interview footage? Worth it?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 9:05 pm

Sounds great on my home theater system - Denon receiver, Klipsch speakers - set to Stereo + sub of course!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:15 pm

After several listens I'm quite happy with the record. The only song I dislike is "Coming Home", a tad too earnest for my tastes.

Favorite tracks: Starblind, Mother Of Mercy, Isle Of Avalon, The Man Who Would Be King, El Dorado.

I love the guitar playing on this record, they let themselves experiment with some different textures and arrangements during the many instrumental sections.

I dig it.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:18 pm

detuned wrote:
After several listens I'm quite happy with the record. The only song I dislike is "Coming Home", a tad too earnest for my tastes.

Favorite tracks: Starblind, Mother Of Mercy, Isle Of Avalon, The Man Who Would Be King, El Dorado.

I love the guitar playing on this record, they let themselves experiment with some different textures and arrangements during the many instrumental sections.

I dig it.

I like Mother of Mercy a lot.

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:40 pm

ZetaReticuli wrote:
Wayne, how's the bonus interview footage? Worth it?

havent looked

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 31 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next