Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!

Go down 
+83
Dark Horseman
journeyman
vgmaster9
springozzy
Big Rich
Dellocatus
Andy
Wurthless
Wayne
adrian
skullkrusher
Mordor
DallasBlack
Shawn Of Fire
Rostov
ultmetal
metallicleora
Joe
HeavyMetalMerchant
chewie
Planchaaaa
Approval Guy
kmorg
tul
Zdan
Rex
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
exact33
Wargod
the sentinel
Addy
Alex Dee Rokket
Grimmo
scottmitchell74
Metalgiant
Troublezone
TheDoctor'sScarf
Lionheartâ„¢
QuothTheRaven
sheets
iamrockerfun
Jesusandmetal23
JDC
XYZ
metalken
powermacho
dirtracin1
FossilPiss
A Handful of Wayne
mez
INVADERS
MEGATRON
Lurideath
ZetaReticuli
Orion Crystal Ice
AchrisK
Gilbert
Lari
TheGooch
Sutekh
Metal Misfit
James B.
Required Fields
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Glenn Rogers
snooloui
Dave the Boss
MoonChild
Metallic Blaze
ryanmetalman
mr.electric39
Defender71
Schbopo
Mglaffas81
manny
7thSaviour
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm

That is a sweet temporary ride, MG. Totally gangsta!!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 2:18 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
That is a sweet temporary ride, MG. Totally gangsta!!!!

It's an '88, but has been garage kept and only has 56k miles on it. I had it up to 70 this morning on the way into work. I don't think that vehicles ever gone over 55 m.p.h. since it rolled off the assembly line.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 2:20 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

It's an '88, but has been garage kept and only has 56k miles on it. I had it up to 70 this morning on the way into work. I don't think that vehicles ever gone over 55 m.p.h. since it rolled off the assembly line.

Only 56K miles in 22 years?? Damn. Is your mother in law that mythical "little old lady" that used car dealers always speak of? You know, the one who "only drove it to church on Sundays?" Razz

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 2:25 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Only 56K miles in 22 years?? Damn. Is your mother in law that mythical "little old lady" that used car dealers always speak of? You know, the one who "only drove it to church on Sundays?" The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 30 Icon_razz

Pretty much. My late father-in-law bought it brand new, but his health declined rapidly not long after and he couldn't drive anymore. So, yea, other than a few trips to the market, it mostly sits in the garage. My wife and her sisters chaffeur momma around most of the time.

Sorry to de-rail the Maiden thread. Why don't more of you post how AWESOME it is so I can sit here and stew in my juices for another day or 2.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 2:41 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Only 56K miles in 22 years?? Damn. Is your mother in law that mythical "little old lady" that used car dealers always speak of? You know, the one who "only drove it to church on Sundays?" The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 30 Icon_razz

Pretty much. My late father-in-law bought it brand new, but his health declined rapidly not long after and he couldn't drive anymore. So, yea, other than a few trips to the market, it mostly sits in the garage. My wife and her sisters chaffeur momma around most of the time.

Sorry to de-rail the Maiden thread. Why don't more of you post how AWESOME it is so I can sit here and stew in my juices for another day or 2.

Click on my facebook profile if you want to hear it - I am posting youtube's of every song all day
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 2:50 pm

I'm on track #9 of its initial spin and...uh... me likee. How's that?

Nah, but seriously...obviously one spin is not enough for this thing to "gel" or for me to pick out favorite tracks or anything but first spin impression seems to be that this album is less dark & gloomy than AMOLAD or DANCE OF DEATH...which suits me just fine. I even get a SOMEWHERE IN TIME vibe here and there. I'm sure I'll have more to say after a few more spins.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 2:50 pm

Hahaha I have no idea what the hell you are talking about. I have to check back on the next page.

I just picked the Maiden up at FYE. For some reason I didn't realize it was coming out today until I saw someone post it on facebook lol. So I rushed out to pick it up. I got the limited edition version. Theres really nothing special about it so I'm a little bummed and wondering if I should have just got the regular one. Basically you pay extra for a tin case. The booklet is the same except theres no Maiden logo on it. There actually isn't a Maiden logo anywhere on this edition, kind of wierd. Anyway....I think I have gotten used to Final Frontier and El Dorado even though the very mention of the words El Dorado kind of make me cringe haha. The album is pretty good. I would say as of right now the only track I didnt care for much was #5 "The Alchemist". Right now I'm listening to "When The Wind Blows." Sounds pretty good. I'm not sure If I like it more that A Matter Of Life And Death yet but we'll see. This really needs a bunch more listens to start picking things out.

Oh and if you buy it at FYE it comes with a free poster Heres what it looks like

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 30 Sd530322

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 2:56 pm

Quote :
Click on my facebook profile if you want to hear it - I am posting youtube's of every song all day

Thanks, but I'm not a member of Facebook, so that's out. Honestly, I can wait one more day. It's more fun to complain about being stuck here in work.

Cool poster, but there's no way in hell my wife would allow that to hang in the house. The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 30 221432

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 2:59 pm

Hahaha yea I dont know what I'm going to do with it when I move out but I went to the store and picked up a frame so it wouldn't get ruined. I had another Maiden poster of the band itself and it got ruined. I never seen that poster anywhere again. It was pretty rare and old too. I think I ended up having to throw it out because it just got totally wrecked. This one will have to take its place.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 3:09 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 30 1987-chrysler-new-yorker-pic-55829

Kick ass!

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 3:39 pm

Totally random observation...when I looked @ the track list on the back of the new one and noticed a song called "The Alchemist," it rung a bell with me for some reason...I was like "Doesn't Maiden already have a song called 'The Alchemist?'"....I scratched my head about that all the way back to the car, and then it hit me..."The Alchemist" is also the name of a song on Bruce's CHEMICAL WEDDING solo album.

So that makes two of Bruce's solo songs that now share their titles with Maiden songs (the other being "Wicker Man")... three, actually, if you count Maiden's re-do of Bruce's "Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter."

Just thought that was odd.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:28 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Cool poster, but there's no way in hell my wife would allow that to hang in the house. The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 30 221432

There's a certain S.O.D. song running through my head now.... Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Planchaaaa
Metal novice
Metal novice
Planchaaaa

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 8:02 pm

I'm loving the album, but anyone else noticed that the vocal melody on 'Coming Home' is a virtual re-write of The Wicker Man.

That's probably the only song i don't really like.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 8:16 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 30 1987-chrysler-new-yorker-pic-55829

Kick ass!

headbanger

There is nothing better than older vehicles blasting Iron Maiden. I miss my old '88 GMC S15 Sad

Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 8:23 pm

MG, that is a pimp ride, dawg!!!

PRD, cool poster. I picked up the Mission edition today and was hoping to get something cool as well. When AMOLAD came out, they were giving out skull and crossbones bandanas (the same as the flag on the album cover). Nothing cool like that this time around.

After the first spin during the drive home, I have to say that I'm liking it so far. I'm going to spin it one more time during my workout tonight!!

headbanger
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 9:23 pm

Joe wrote:
MG, that is a pimp ride, dawg!!!

PRD, cool poster. I picked up the Mission edition today and was hoping to get something cool as well. When AMOLAD came out, they were giving out skull and crossbones bandanas (the same as the flag on the album cover). Nothing cool like that this time around.

After the first spin during the drive home, I have to say that I'm liking it so far. I'm going to spin it one more time during my workout tonight!!

headbanger

LONG workout!!! LOL!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 9:49 pm

Man, this has a lot to digest. Some great moments throughout and I probably need like 5 more listens to even begin.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 9:51 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Man, this has a lot to digest. Some great moments throughout and I probably need like 5 more listens to even begin.

LOL!!! Yep!!!!! At least you know you will pick up new things every time you listen to it.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:08 pm

I bough it at fye and didn't get a poster
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:21 pm

SUCKER! Razz

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:25 pm

I ended up getting the jewel case version instead, I don't need fancy little metal boxes.

I'm still kind of digesting the album. At this moment I'm more impressed by the progressive-leaning tracks, not so much by the more straight ahead tunes.

Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:35 pm

I dunno, this album took me one listen to get into... it's actually not that complex. I think it's amazing.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:07 am

TheNazgul wrote:

I agree. So far though my favorite tracks are Mother of Mercy and Coming home.

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:51 am

I havent even made it all the way through yet and can tell this is gonna be in my top 5 Maiden discs.It reminds me alot of Brave New World and at times I hear Somewhere In Time.Its not as dark as their last two discs.Im already digging it more than AMOLAD.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 9:52 am

I picked up the jewel case version at FYE. They had posters but would not give me one. Apparently you had to 'reserve' a copy before the release date to get a poster.

As for the music, it sounds much like the last few Maiden albums. Sort of progressive rock, not heavy at all and hardly metal. Lots of repeated choruses. It will most likely be one of those albums that I listen to a lot until the shiny newness wears off then it will be back to the classics unless I get on a Maiden kick for a spell.

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next