Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!

Go down 
+83
Dark Horseman
journeyman
vgmaster9
springozzy
Big Rich
Dellocatus
Andy
Wurthless
Wayne
adrian
skullkrusher
Mordor
DallasBlack
Shawn Of Fire
Rostov
ultmetal
metallicleora
Joe
HeavyMetalMerchant
chewie
Planchaaaa
Approval Guy
kmorg
tul
Zdan
Rex
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
exact33
Wargod
the sentinel
Addy
Alex Dee Rokket
Grimmo
scottmitchell74
Metalgiant
Troublezone
TheDoctor'sScarf
Lionheartâ„¢
QuothTheRaven
sheets
iamrockerfun
Jesusandmetal23
JDC
XYZ
metalken
powermacho
dirtracin1
FossilPiss
A Handful of Wayne
mez
INVADERS
MEGATRON
Lurideath
ZetaReticuli
Orion Crystal Ice
AchrisK
Gilbert
Lari
TheGooch
Sutekh
Metal Misfit
James B.
Required Fields
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Glenn Rogers
snooloui
Dave the Boss
MoonChild
Metallic Blaze
ryanmetalman
mr.electric39
Defender71
Schbopo
Mglaffas81
manny
7thSaviour
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 5:38 pm

Just preordered
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 7:30 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
exact33 wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:
You guys are killing me.

i know!!! Sometimes you just wanna smack the euros!!!

Detuned and I are Americans!!!!!

Right now you guys are communists!!! The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 29 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 7:32 pm

In Soviet Russia, communists are you.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 8:16 pm

Joe wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
exact33 wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:
You guys are killing me.

Right now you guys are communists!!! The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 29 Icon_razz

That is one thing I have NEVER been accused of - being a communist. Not my type of politics
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 8:40 pm

OMW home from a family vacation today, after 10 hour drive, I didnt go home, no I made an out of the way trip to a local CD store who the guys always sell me the CDs earlier than release, and I got my Iron Maiden album.

I will reserve judgement on it as a whole because it only got one spin, but I will say to me so far I think this may be the most challenging album yet. It seems very different then anything they ever have done before, the timings, the chords and riffs all dont seem like they will work together yet they do. Bruce seems very relaxed on this album. Not that he sounds bad, but not like he is going to blow vessels in his head. The over all feel of this album is so different than anything before by them. However all Maiden albums take many spins and time for me to "GET" what it is they had in mind while making this album.

One spin and I loved it, but I fear this may be that album many fans will either absolutely love or are going to seriously hate!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 9:08 pm

I so want the new Iron Maiden album but itll probably be awhile before I get it
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 11:05 am

Only gave it one spin so far, and it didn't really click unfortunately. The only songs that I instantly liked were When the Wild Wind Blows, Coming Home and the opener. But hey, AMoLaD actually took me a couple of years to really like, so I'm probably gonna change my mind.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 12:25 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Joe wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
exact33 wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:
You guys are killing me.

That is one thing I have NEVER been accused of - being a communist. Not my type of politics

Haha, well you already know my first name. Maybe my last name is McCarthy? The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 29 Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 12:46 pm

i want to like new album but i can't
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 11:10 am

Goin' to Best Buy in just a little while (on my lunch break) to pick up the new CD. Woot woot.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 11:14 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Goin' to Best Buy in just a little while (on my lunch break) to pick up the new CD. Woot woot.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 11:29 am

i keep hearing how many people hate the album. what the hell...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 12:56 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

...I swear the Universe is trying to @#$% up my plans to get this CD today cuz endless delays and other stupid @#$% keep popping up to keep me from my Maiden!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 1:04 pm

My wife went to BB and got the metal jewelcase version. The BB by me was almost out of that particular edition.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 1:09 pm

The 2 first tracks are a little bleh, but pretty mch the rest are excellent. Mother of Mercy, Coming home.... I really needed catchy tunes like this now!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 1:11 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

...I swear the Universe is trying to @#$% up my plans to get this CD today cuz endless delays and other stupid @#$% keep popping up to keep me from my Maiden!!!

I'm with ya, brother. Can't get out today, working late tonight. I'm not getting to Best Buy till tomorrow at lunch if I'm lucky. Dang.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 1:38 pm

Cranking it now!!!! Holy Smurf this is a frakin' awesome album!!!!!!!!! Totally top 5 Maiden of all time!!!! Took me a few listens to get into "The Alchemist", but it's a great, 80's style Maiden song!!!!!!

KMORG - El Dorado is AWESOME live!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 1:44 pm

It's all good. The Final Frontier has landed. Eddie is in da hizzouse. The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 29 56834

The Best Buy near me had a butt load of the "Mission Edition" in the metal canister (which must be the so-called "Special Edition" spoken of in their flyers and on their web site, cuz all I saw was that one and the standard CD version)... I went with the standard CD cuz it was a couple bucks cheaper and I knew that I was probably never gonna be bothered to even look @ the web-only "extra content" on the Mission Edition...now if the Mission version had the extra goodies on a DVD like the last album did, then we'd be talkin'.

Commencing first spin now!

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 1:46 pm

GRRRRRRRRRRR!!! The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 29 308838

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 1:49 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Sorry dude. Razz

Would it make you feel better to know that the AC in my Jeep is currently crapped out so I baked like a bean all the way to Best Buy and back?

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 2:10 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Sorry dude. The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 29 Icon_razz

Would it make you feel better to know that the AC in my Jeep is currently crapped out so I baked like a bean all the way to Best Buy and back?

Yea, that helps a little.

Adding insult to injury, I just got a call from my mechanic about the cost to get my car inspected. Let's just say that I could buy quite a few copies of the new Maiden album and then some with the money I'll be putting out.

On the plus side, I get to drive my mother-in-law's sweet maroon 1988 Chrysler New Yorker to work for another day. It's like driving an armor-plated cloud.

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 2:11 pm

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 29 1987-chrysler-new-yorker-pic-55829

Kick ass!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 2:14 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 29 1987-chrysler-new-yorker-pic-55829

Kick ass!

You could launch aircraft off that car!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 2:14 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Adding insult to injury, I just got a call from my mechanic about the cost to get my car inspected. Let's just say that I could buy quite a few copies of the new Maiden album and then some with the money I'll be putting out.

I feel your pain brotha. I just dropped $500 on a new muffler and assorted other odds & ends for my Jeep last weekend. Hence, the decision to just live without the AC for the time being.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm

That's the one! Looks just like that. I'm Big Pimpin' for the next 2 days.

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next